3rd Brake Lights
Independent studies conducted many years ago proved that the addition of a Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) helped reduce rear end collisions by 50%, so the NHTSA mandated that all new cars be so equipped effective with the 1986 model year. While you should keep all your lights in good working order for safety, with such percentages it’s particularly important to make sure your CHMSL, more commonly known as the 3rd brake light, is in good repair.
- Spyder® LED 3rd Brake Light$34.02 - $129.28
- Spec-D® LED 3rd Brake Light$37.38 - $140.18
- Anzo® LED 3rd Brake Light$60.36 - $260.02
- IPCW® 3rd Brake Light$18.54 - $339.41
- Recon® LED 3rd Brake Light$90.68 - $329.95
- IPCW® Mega LED 3rd Brake Light$179.11 - $339.41
- CG® LED 3rd Brake Light$57.10 - $189.00
- Anzo® LED Wide 3rd Brake Light$223.69 - $260.96
- Bully® LED 3rd Brake Light$69.16 - $90.60
- Eagle® Factory Replacement 3rd Brake Light$35.79 - $219.65
We offer both custom and replacement 3rd brake lights. One of our replacement lights is identical to the original equipment light that you can purchase from a dealer in every respect except for the price tag. It will fit, function and appear just like the one that was installed by the vehicle manufacturer on the assembly line, it just won’t lighten your wallet as much. Our replacement 3rd brake lights are 100% legal for highway use and meet all DOT standards.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest 3rd Brake Lights the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Spyder, Spec-D, Anzo, IPCW, Recon, EAGLE, CG, Winjet, Bully, Autoloc, AMI, Putco, Dorman the 3rd Brake Lights we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
While 3rd brake lights have significantly reduced accidents, they can be improved upon to further increase your safety. Our custom 3rd brake lights have LED bulbs, which have several advantages over incandescent bulbs including faster rise time, which is especially beneficial for a brake light. LED bulbs light up 0.2 seconds faster than incandescent bulbs, which may not sound like much, but when you consider that at 60 mph a car travels 88 ft. in one second, that 0.2 seconds can give a driver behind you almost 20 ft. of additional stopping space. That could be the difference between a collision and stopping in time.
LED bulbs last 50,000 hours or more, so once you install one of our custom 3rd brake lights you’ll probably never have to touch it again because the bulbs will last the life of your car. LEDs are unaffected by vibration, unlike the fragile filaments in incandescent bulbs, so they’re perfect for use over pothole strewn, decaying roads and rough off-road terrain. But beyond the functional benefits, you’ll want one of our custom 3rd brake lights just for the way it looks. Our selection includes a wide variety of styles and finishes, including chrome, black, and smoke.
But don’t think that because you have an older, pre-1986 vehicle that you can’t have the benefits of a 3rd brake light. We offer a universal 3rd brake light with bright LEDs that can be installed on any vehicle. And because it has a right and left circuit that can be operated independently, it can also be used for turn signals. The light is retained in a handsome low-profile polished billet aluminum housing that will look at home on the finest street machines and street rods, and it mounts to a swivel base to accommodate attachment to various surface angles.
- Audi 3rd Brake Lights
- BMW 3rd Brake Lights
- Buick 3rd Brake Lights
- Cadillac 3rd Brake Lights
- Chevy 3rd Brake Lights
- Chrysler 3rd Brake Lights
- Dodge 3rd Brake Lights
- Ford 3rd Brake Lights
- GMC 3rd Brake Lights
- Honda 3rd Brake Lights
- Hummer 3rd Brake Lights
- Infiniti 3rd Brake Lights
- Isuzu 3rd Brake Lights
- Jeep 3rd Brake Lights
- Lincoln 3rd Brake Lights
- Mazda 3rd Brake Lights
- Mercedes 3rd Brake Lights
- Mercury 3rd Brake Lights
- Mini 3rd Brake Lights
- Mitsubishi 3rd Brake Lights
- Popular 3rd Brake Lights Part Numbers
- IPCW® CW3-311E - Clear 3rd Brake Light
- IPCW® CW3-311 - Clear 3rd Brake Light
- IPCW® CW3-311S - Smoke 3rd Brake Light
- Recon® 264111CL - Red LED 3rd Brake Light with White LED Cargo Lights
- Recon® 264111BK - Red LED 3rd Brake Light with White LED Cargo Lights
- Recon® 264112CL - Red LED 3rd Brake Light with White LED Cargo Lights
- Recon® 264112BK - Red LED 3rd Brake Light with White LED Cargo Lights
- Recon® 264113CL - Red LED 3rd Brake Light with White LED Cargo Lights
- Recon® 264113BK - Red LED 3rd Brake Light with White LED Cargo Lights
- Recon® 264114CL - LED 3rd Brake Light