Commercial truck/bus radial tire and casing limited warranty
This limited warranty covers your TBR tires against conditions that cause them to become unusable due to workmanship and materials, subject to the terms and conditions described below.
I. What is covered?
Your TBR tire is eligible for coverage if the following criteria are met (“Eligible Tire(s)”):
- You’re the original purchaser of the tire.
- You purchased the tire on or after October 10, 2013*.
- You’ve properly maintained and used the tire.
- You’ve purchased and used the tire only in the United States.
- The tire hasn’t been branded “NA” (non-adjustable) or “USED.”
- The tire isn’t subject to any exclusion (See “What isn’t covered” below).
*Tires purchased before October 10, 2013 may be covered by an earlier warranty.
II. How long is the coverage?
An eligible tire is covered for 66 months (“Warranty Period”) from the original date of purchase, which is the date that appears in the original sales receipt. If a sales receipt isn’t available, the Warranty Period is 66 months from the date of manufacture, which is indicated by the Toyo DOT tire identification number on the tire sidewall.
III. What isn’t covered?
This limited warranty doesn’t cover damages based on or arising from the following:
- Mileage or tread wear.
- Uniformity issues after the first 2/32” of tread wear.
- Road hazards, fire, theft, collision, or accident.
- Improper tire/vehicle maintenance or use, not limited to:
- Incorrect inflation; overloading; vehicle misalignment; poor or defective mechanical condition of brakes, shocks, wheels, or other suspension components; or other factors attributable to the vehicle or wheel.
- Running on a flat tire; i.e., 80% or less of the recommended inflation pressure.
- Abuse, vandalism, tire alteration, tire spinning, or curbing.
- Exposure to oil-based chemicals, water-based sealers, balancing substances, or flammable gases.
- Improper use of tire chains.
- Using an inner tube in a tubeless tire.
- Using a highway tire for off-highway use.
- Improper mounting, dismounting, balancing, sizing, repair, or retreading, not limited to:
- Water, chemicals, or other foreign matter trapped within the tire.
- Failure to keep tires balanced.
- Weather and/or ozone.
- Conditions from the retread process.
Nothing in this limited warranty is intended to be a representation that tire failures can’t occur.
IV. What Toyo Tires will do?
Original tread warranty
For every eligible tire with original tread within the warranty period, Toyo Tires will do the following:
- Less than 2/32” worn: If your eligible tire with original tread has 2/32” or less wear, Toyo Tires will replace it with a comparable Toyo brand tire.
- More than 2/32” worn: If your eligible tire with original tread has more than 2/32” wear, Toyo Tires will replace it with a comparable Toyo brand tire, on a pro-rata basis.
A comparable Toyo brand tire is the same model and size tire, or if it has been discontinued or otherwise not available, a tire of the same basic construction, quality, and size as the original tire, as determined in the sole discretion of Toyo Tires.
Usable Total Tread= The total tread depth of a new comparable Toyo brand tire minus 4/32” (note: the total tread depth will vary by tire model).
Usable Remaining Tread = Usable Total Tread minus tread wear. Tread wear is determined by measuring the total tread depth of a new comparable Toyo brand tire and subtracting the remaining total tread depth on the eligible tire.
For casings of an eligible tire within the warranty period, Toyo Tires will do the following:
If the casing of an eligible tire with at least 2/32” remaining tread depth becomes unserviceable during the warranty period due to a warrantable condition within the 1st or 2nd retread, you’ll receive the applicable casing allowance specified below. The number of retreads must be identified on the sidewall of the eligible tire.
If the casing of an eligible tire with at least 2/32” remaining tread depth becomes unserviceable due to a warrantable condition during the first retread within the Warranty Period, in addition to the casing allowance described above, you’ll also receive the applicable rubber allowance specified below.
V. Your legal rights
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
VI. Limitations and exclusions
This limited warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties express or implied which are specifically excluded, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall seller be liable for incidental or consequential damages to the full extent such may be disclaimed by law (e.g., loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, road services, inconveniences, etc.).
Some states don’t allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
The terms of this limited warranty may not be changed by anyone, including any Toyo Tires employee, representative, or dealer.