Oxygen Sensor by Spectra Premium®. To ensure your vehicle has optimal performance and fuel economy while producing minimal emissions replace a defective O2 sensor with one backed by the aftermarket’s most rigorous testing process. It comes with anti-seize applied, a protective cap to protect the sensing element and includes everything necessary for installation.
- Increase vehicle fuel economy and engine performance while decreasing vehicle exhaust emissions
- 100% performance tested to meet vehicle requirements
- Anti-seize pre-applied to prevent corrosion that could make the sensor difficult to remove
- Protective cap protects the sensing element from dirt and contamination
- Fully water proof and resistant to external climate conditions (car wash, puddle spray, dust, etc.)
- Continuous quality testing throughout the manufacturing process
- Electrical connectors are an exact match to vehicle mating harness
- Robust sensing element manufacturing process to ensure product specifications and performance
- Included rubber grommets, tie wraps, push in clips, where applicable, for installation
- QR Code provides instant access to part specific information
- Trilingual branded packaging & Spectra part number engraved on the part itself
- Backed by a one-year warranty
Since 1996, all OBD II vehicles have been manufactured with at least 2 oxygen sensors designed to detect the concentration of oxygen in the exhaust gas. Using input from those sensors the engine control computer regulates the air/fuel mixture and monitors catalytic converter function to ensure proper engine performance, optimum mileage, and low emission of air pollutants from the vehicle. This is the reason why your O2 sensor should always operate at its peak. If testing shows your sensor is faulty, replace it with this Oxygen Sensor by Spectra Premium designed especially for your make and model to provide exact OE fit, form, and function.
This product is 100% performance and durability tested to meet vehicle requirements. First the prototype undergoes validation testing including an engine bench test, performance test, salt water submergence test, exhaust seal leak test, connector leak test, and wire pull test. During production, welding, electrical and sealing tests are performed and inspections conducted to ensure proper performance and application. Finally, 3rd party lab testing is performed to ensure resistance to water and humidity, vibration, and extensive product life cycle. With anti-seize pre-applied, the sensor is protected from galling and corrosion and resistant to external climate conditions such as dust, car wash, puddle spray, etc., while its sensitive elements are protected from dirt and contamination by the protective cap. The sensor comes ready to install with all required rubber grommets, tie wraps, and push in clips.
Spectra Premium was founded in 1989 and grew into one of the leading manufacturers of radiators, heaters, condensers, oil pans, filler necks, fuel tanks, etc. for passenger cars and heavy-duty vehicles. With its 17 locations and 1200 employees, the company exceeds the highest expectations of its clients by employing strategies of continuous improvement, progressive engineering, and product validation to the manufacture of its products. Spectra Premium has quality certifications such as ISO 9001:2000 | FM 65146, ISO/TS-16949:2002 | TS506759, ISO 14001:2004 | CA05/3605/E, and ISO 9001:2008 | FM 70893 that cover design and manufacture of fuel system, oil pan and radiator components as well as aluminum radiators and tooling for the automotive and heavy duty markets.