Fuel Tank Sending Unit by Spectra Premium®. Replace your damaged fuel tank sending unit with this premium product to ensure that your dash gauge indicates the correct amount of fuel in the tank. Thanks to its dichromate - plated finish and palladium silver alloy rheostat this sending unit provides excellent protection from rust and corrosion and ensures superior durability.
- Same quality as OE for less money
- Ensures that the fuel gauge provides an accurate reading at any fuel level
- Designed to OE fit, form, and function requirements
- Accurate diameter and length
- Original inlet and outlet positions
- OE matched electrical connection
- Dichromate - plated finish for added corrosion resistance
- Gradient density filter for lasting pump protection
- 100% tested fuel level senders
- All connections are leak tested
- All units are fit tested for accuracy
- Improved OE connectors to eliminate excessive electrical resistance and provide better heat dissipation
- Comes with installation instructions, wiring harness and installation hardware, where applicable
The fuel gauge sending unit is designed to measure the amount of fuel left in the tank. The fuel gauge sending unit consists of a float connected to a variable resistor. When the level of the fuel falls in the tank, the float drops, and that reduces the current sent to the gauge from the variable resistor making the fuel gauge needle also fall. When the sending unit is faulty, the dash gauge won't be able to indicate the correct amount of fuel in the tank. The most common reasons to replace the sending unit are damaged wiring, float or rheostat. When it comes to replacement of your faulty sending unit, this product by Spectra Premium is your best choice. Designed to OE fit, form, and function requirements, this product provides same quality as OE for less money.
With accurate diameter and length, original inlet and outlet positions, OE matched electrical connection, this unit provides exact fit and OE performance. It is covered with dichromate - plated finish for added corrosion resistance and palladium silver alloy is utilized in the rheostat card for improved durability against bad fuel – most aftermarket manufacturers use inferior copper alloy. Moreover, the Spectra Premium Sending Unit has a gradient density filter for lasting pump protection. Its improved OE connectors eliminate excessive electrical resistance and provide better heat dissipation. To make installation easier, the product includes installation instructions, wiring harness, and installation hardware, where applicable.
Spectra Premium® was founded in 1989 and grew into one of the leading manufacturers of radiators, heaters, condensers, oil pans, filler necks, fuel tanks, etc. for passenger cars and heavy-duty vehicles. With its 17 locations and 1200 employees, the company exceeds the highest expectations of its clients by employing strategies of continuous improvement, progressive engineering, and product validation to the manufacture of its products. Spectra Premium has quality certifications such as ISO 9001:2008 | FM 65146, ISO/TS-16949:2009 | TS506759, ISO 14001:2004 | CA05/3605/E, and ISO 9001:2008 | FM 70893 that cover design and manufacture of fuel system, oil pan and radiator components as well as aluminum radiators and tooling for the automotive and heavy duty markets.