What Is Covered By This Warranty?
EnerSys Energy Products Inc. (''Manufacturer'') warrants its ODYSSEY® batteries (hereafter referred to as ''Battery'') to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the following applicable warranty periods:
Extreme Series™ Batteries:
- 2 years for Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and other non-engine start cycling applications.
- 2 years for power sports applications.
- 3 years for commercial, industrial, marine, and automotive applications in non-BCI sizes.
- 4 years for an engine starting application for PC1220, PC1350, PC2250 and all BCI sizes.
This warranty may vary from country to country.
When Does The Warranty Period Begin?
The applicable warranty period begins from the date of first purchase, or from Manufacturer’s shipping date as stated on the battery.
What Will Odyssey Do?
Batteries determined to meet the conditions of this warranty will be replaced free of charge if, at the sole discretion of the manufacturer, adjustment is necessary due to defect in material or workmanship.
What Is Not Covered By This Warranty?
A. The warranty does not cover a battery reaching its normal end of life which may occur prior to the warranty periods stated above. Depending on the application, a battery can reach its normal end of life before the end of the applicable warranty period.
A battery can deliver only a fixed number of usable amp-hours over its lifetime and is considered to have reached its normal end of life if the application uses up all of these amp-hours, regardless of the time the battery has been in service. Therefore manufacturer reserves the right to deny a warranty claim if it determines the battery to be at its normal end of life, even if the claim is lodged within the applicable warranty period.
B. This warranty does not cover used, pre-owned and/or Odyssey battery products purchased through unauthorized Internet channels.
C. This warranty does not cover a battery that is damaged or destroyed as a result of one or more of the following:
- Willful abuse, misuse, physical damage, neglect, or if the top decorative cover has been removed.
- Natural forces such as wind, lightning, hail; damage due to fire, collision, explosion, vandalism, theft, penetration, or opening of the battery case in any manner.
- Overcharging, undercharging, charging, or installing in reverse polarity, improper maintenance, allowing the battery to be deeply discharged via a parasitic load or mishandling of the battery such as but not limited to using the terminals for lifting or carrying the battery. Trickle chargers that do not have a regulated trickle charge voltage between 13.5V and 13.8V (no lower than 13.5V and no higher than 13.8V) will cause early failure of the battery. Use of such chargers with the battery will also void the warranty. For applications where an alternator is present, the alternator must deliver between 14.0V and 14.7V when measured at the battery’s terminals. Consult the Odyssey battery technical manual or owner’s manual for any necessary temperature compensation. Alternators that do not have a regulated charge between 14.0V and 14.7V (no lower than 14.0V and no higher than 14.7V) will cause early failure of the battery. Use of such alternators with the battery will also void the battery’s warranty.
- Failure to properly install the battery or lack of metal jacket for high temperature or vibration applications.
- Repair or attempted repair of the battery by anyone other than an authorized manufacturer’s representative shall void this warranty.
- Normal or accelerated deterioration in the electrical qualities due to operating or application conditions.
- If the battery is used for an application that requires higher cranking power or a greater reserve rating, than the battery is designed to deliver, or the battery capacity is less than the battery capacity specified by the vehicle manufacturer, or the battery is otherwise used in applications for which it was not designed.
- Prolonged storage of vehicles with fuel injection computers, alarms, GPS, and other electrical devices that require continuous battery power to support active memories; this power drain must be offset with a maintenance-float charger, periodic charging, or disconnecting the battery to prevent irreversible damage. A battery with an open circuit voltage (OCV) of equal to or less than 10.0V will be deemed as over discharged and void warranty due to misuse and/or neglect.
Odyssey® Extreme Series™ Battery Warning – do not use any type of oil, organic solvent, alcohol, detergent, strong acids, strong alkalis, petroleum-based solvent, or ammonia solution to clean the battery covers and battery tops. These materials may cause permanent damage to the battery covers and battery tops and will void the warranty.
Odyssey® Performance Series™ Battery Warning – prolonged exposure and or immersion into any type of oil, organic solvent, alcohol, detergent, strong acids, strong alkalis, petroleum-based solvent, or ammonia solution to clean the battery covers and battery tops may cause permanent damage to the battery covers and battery tops and will void the warranty.
To the extent permitted by law, this limited warranty is in lieu of, and manufacturer disclaims and excludes all other warranties, statutory, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In so far as such warranties cannot be lawfully disclaimed, manufacturer limits the duration and remedies of such warranties to the duration and remedies of this warranty. Manufacturer’s exclusive liability for breach of warranty shall be to replace the battery within the effective warranty period. In no event shall the manufacturer be liable for any loss or damages of any other kind, whether direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary, special or otherwise. Nor shall the manufacturer be liable for any removal or installation expense, or the loss of time or profits.
Some countries and/or states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, which may vary from country to country and/or state to state. This warranty shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to Pennsylvania conflicts of laws rules. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods signed in Vienna in 1980 shall not apply to this warranty. This warranty is understood to be the exclusive agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. No employee or representative of the manufacturer is authorized to make any warranty in addition to those made in this agreement.
Any Of The Following Will Void The Warranty On Your Odyssey® Battery:
- Removing the labeled cover.
- Removing or destroying the battery’s date code.