Service Parts Warranty Summary
Ford Motor Company offers a limited warranty on new Motorcraft parts sold to U.S. customers. Any new Motorcraft part sold that is found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship will be repaired, replaced or exchanged at Ford’s discretion.
- Unique warranty coverage may apply.
General Warranty Coverage:
Ford and Motorcraft parts sold on or after, October 1, 2013:
- 24 months/unlimited miles.
- Warranty begins on the date of purchase or date of installation.
- The limited warranty may be honored by the original installer or any Ford/Lincoln dealer, even though that particular dealer was not the original purchaser/seller of the part.
Unique Warranty Coverages:
- BXT Tested Tough MAX Batteries 36 months/100 months pro-rated; BXL Tested Tough PLUS
- Battery 18 months/84 months pro-rated. Other battery warranties vary by series.
New and Remanufactured Transmission and Gas Engine Assemblies:
- 3 years/unlimited miles, including labor
Diesel Engines for Light Trucks:
- 2 years/unlimited miles, including labor
- Lifelong limited guarantee lasts so long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle against rust perforation.
- Non-commercial cars/light trucks: lifetime limited warranty to the original purchaser.
Spark Plug Wire Sets:
- Lifetime limited warranty to the original purchaser.
This warranty does not cover parts that fail due to abuse, misuse, neglect, alteration, impact, accident, racing or the use of non-Ford parts, or parts installed in vehicles other than those listed in Ford authorized catalogs, including other Ford Motor Company brands, or parts that are replaced as a part of normal maintenance.
To the extent allowed by law: loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of the vehicle, commercial loss and consequential damages are not covered.
There is no other express warranty on Ford Motor Company-supplied replacement parts, except such obligation as Ford may have assumed in its FCSD Warranty and Policy Manual.
Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; therefore, the limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state.