Ignition Coil by Motorcraft®. If you are looking for a quality ignition coil, Motorcraft has the perfect product for you. The patented steel used in the lamination stack ensures a consistent magnetic field needed to develop the required voltage, while the patented magnets hold strength for the coil to maintain proper energy output.
- Direct OEM replacement
- Recommended by Ford Motor Company
- Ensures reliable engine performance, maximizes fuel efficiency, and minimizes both tailpipe emissions and Radio-Frequency Interference
- Helps avoid spark plug failure, drivability complaints, pre-ignition, and detonation
- Patented Radio-Frequency Interference (RFI) Suppression minimizes electronic noise
- Patented magnets hold strength for the coil to maintain proper energy output
- Patented steel used in the lamination stack maintains a consistent magnetic field needed to develop the required voltage
- Multiple coats of insulation on the primary and secondary windings ensure no internal arcing
- Coil housing is engineered to withstand temperature extremes without cracking
- Provides OEM fit
The ignition coil is the part of the ignition system that generates high voltage to the spark plugs in order to ignite the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder. Ignition coils are compact electrical transformers that boost voltage as high as 40,000 volts, which is the level needed for proper combustion. The part is made up of two sets of windings that operate together to generate the required output voltage. One of the windings, called the primary side, has fewer windings than another one, known as the secondary side. Current running from the battery into the primary side creates a magnetic field. When the coil is signaled by the engine control module, the primary side magnetic field collapses and a surge of electricity flows to the secondary side, where the current necessary for combustion is developed and sent to the spark plug. When an ignition coil fails, it can lead to serious engine problems, including misfiring, rough idling, diminished acceleration, and poor engine performance.
Motorcraft offers a premium ignition coil that is designed specifically for your vehicle. The steel used in the lamination stack maintains a consistent magnetic field in order to produce the required voltage. The patented magnets hold their strength for the entire life of the coil, maintaining proper energy output, while the patented Radio-Frequency Interference (RFI) Suppression minimizes electronic noise. The primary and secondary windings feature multiple coats of insulation to ensure no internal arcing. Plus, the coil housing is built to withstand extremes in temperature without cracking. Motorcraft ignition coils offer exceptional value without compromising quality.
Launched by the Ford Motor Company in 1972, Motorcraft® is the most trusted manufacturer of vehicle-specific replacement parts for Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln vehicles. The company provides an extensive line of premium automotive parts from A/C compressors and alternators to wiper blades and wire sets. Manufactured to strict specifications, the products have undergone extensive laboratory and on-the-road testing. Motorcraft parts feature OEM quality and fit and are designed to maximize the performance of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury models. Recommended by the Ford Motor Company, Motorcraft is a one stop shop for your automotive needs.