Extra Guard™ Engine Oil Filter (CH9584) by FRAM®. Extra Guard is the perfect filter for everyday drivers who perform oil changes at OE recommended intervals. Extra Guard has cellulose and glass blended media that provides advanced engine protection for your vehicle. Engineered with a silicone anti-drain back valve, Extra Guard meets all manufacturer’s recommended change intervals.
|Filter Type: Cartridge
|Inside Diameter Bottom: 0.574"
|Inside Diameter Top: 0.992"
|O-ring (1) Inside Diameter: 3.26"
|O-ring (1) Outside Diameter: 3.395"
|O-ring (1) Thickness: 0.135"
|Outside Diameter: 2.81"
- A special blend of fibers and resin creates a proprietary filter media that captures 95% of the dirt particles that can cause harmful engine wear
- Start-up engine protection is delivered through a precision molded silicone anti drain back valve
- The perfect balance of dirt-trapping efficiency and dirt-holding capacity
- Sure Grip® coating provides a non-slip finish for easier installation and removal
- Engineered for conventional and synthetic oil types
- Internally lubricated sealing gasket for easier filter removal
FRAM Extra Guard oil filters utilize only high-quality media that combines special fibers and resin for superb engine protection. Cellulose is the most commonly used material used in these filters. Microscopic synthetic fibers are added to trap even the smallest dirt particles as they do most of the damage to cylinders and other moving parts of the engine. Blending of these materials forms a denser and thicker filter media, providing increased dirt-holding capacity without restricting oil flow. It also ensures longer service life of the filter and better engine protection. If you are searching for a proper oil filter for your everyday driver. Extra Guard will be a perfect option for you.
The first FRAM® filter was designed about 85 years ago by two chemists, Frederic Franklin and T. Edward Aldam. These scientists created a unique replaceable oil filtering element that was easier to use than standard filters which were difficult to install and change. Today FRAM is a leading manufacturer of oil, fuel, air filters and PCV valves. It offers a wide range of high-quality filters for passenger cars, SUVs, light trucks and commercial vehicles. The company utilizes a number of patented technologies that ensure maximum engine protection and superior engine performance.