Being one of the most remarkable models in the whole Ford lineup, the Taurus was first introduced in 1985. The Taurus is now the fifth best-selling Ford vehicle among all models ever existed. The model is now considered to be one of those automobiles which made a remarkable contribution to the automotive design and engineering. Featuring an influential design, the Taurus brought a number of innovations and technological advancements to the marketplace.
The Ford Taurus has proved its exceptional durability, though the moment when a car needs a repair comes sooner or later. The most crucial thing here is to find the right, perfectly fitting part for your car, which is designed to provide accurate, proper operation for a long time. On this page, Ford Taurus ignition parts are showcased, all made by experienced auto parts manufacturers such as NGK, Denso, Autolite, Champion, Bosch, Delphi, Dorman, and others. Most products come with images, specifications, reviews, and descriptions for you to make a wise and knowledgeable decision.
- ACDelco® Professional™ Conventional Spark PlugProfessional™ Conventional Spark Plug by ACDelco®. Designed for today’s most popular autos, as well as several marine applications, ACDelco’s Rapidfire® Platinum Spark Plugs fit engines using conventional plugs, as well as...Ribless insulator that improves the plug-to-boot seal.Tapered center wire electrode with a platinum pad reduces the firing diameter and helps improve the firing efficiency by concentrating and directing energy needed to fire the plug with less voltage.$2.30 - $17.82
- Denso® Spark PlugSpark Plug by Denso®. Denso Double Platinum plug features platinum on both the center and ground electrodes. This precious metal fights corrosion and erosion, ensuring superior spark performance and maximum spark plug life capable...Platinum center electrodePlatinum ground electrode$2.40 - $32.59
- Motorcraft® Nickel Spark PlugNickel Spark Plug by Motorcraft®, 1 Piece. If you need to replace your worn-out spark plugs, Motorcraft is the way to go. Engineered specifically for your vehicle, their high melting point provides outstanding resistance to erosion...Direct OEM replacementRecommended by Ford Motor Company$2.65 - $15.10
- Standard® Pro Series™ Spark Plug Wire SetPro Series™ Spark Plug Wire Set by Standard®. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products, competitive prices and the highest reputation for...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$7.64 - $464.64
- Denso® Direct Ignition CoilDirect Ignition Coil by Denso®. A leader in direct ignition technology, Denso developed the auto industry's first compact stick-type ignition coil. The space-saving design, since adopted by many of the world's leading automakers,...Improved coil efficiency reduces the need to generate high voltageDriving circuit is integrated into top of coil$9.12 - $398.38
- Cardone® DistributorDistributor by Cardone Select®. Cardone Select Engineered (CSE) Technology ensures that all distributors meet or exceed O.E. form, fit and function. The only NEW distributor in the aftermarket that is 100% computer tested for...50-state emissions street legalThe finest quality at a great price$33.45 - $360.99
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition CoilTru-Tech™ Ignition Coil by Standard®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used to be? Your ignition system may need repair, but before you waste your time and gas...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$12.97 - $109.84
- Standard® Spark Plug WireSpark Plug Wire Set by Standard®. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products, competitive prices and the highest reputation for integrity to all...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$9.58 - $509.04
- Standard® Intermotor™ Ignition CoilIntermotor™ Ignition Coil by Standard®. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products, competitive prices and the highest reputation for integrity...$16.59 - $1,175.91
- Bosch® Super Plus Spark PlugSuper Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch Super Plus delivers outstanding durability and reliability you want for your vehicle. Its tapered, v-profile ground electrode makes for better starting in cold weather and improved...Heavy-duty yttrium-enhanced copper core center electrode for a 50% longer performance life vs. even OE plugsTapered, v-profile nickel chromium ground electrode for improved starting in cold weather and increased fuel ignitability$2.50 - $9.30
- Denso® Primary Ignition WirePrimary Ignition Wire by Denso®. The 7 and 8mm ignition wires are SAE J2031 Class E rated, the highest quality wire used in the industry. These wires can withstand temperatures from -40° to 428° F and pass tests covering...Carbon impregnated fiberglass core for superior support conductivityFiberglass braid for maximum strength$13.29 - $619.43
- Spectra Premium® Ignition CoilIgnition Coil by Spectra Premium®. Spectra Premium ignition coils are designed and produced under a strict TS16949 quality control process.All ignition coils are durability tested at 100 cycles of thermal shock (-50 to 300° F), to ensure reliability from extreme vibration24 hours salt spray test ensures sensors provide high corrosion resistance$9.59 - $163.56
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition Control ModuleTru-Tech™ Ignition Control Module by Standard®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used to be? Your ignition system may need repair, but before you waste your...$21.60 - $129.64
- NGK® Laser Iridium™ Spark PlugLaser Iridium™ Spark Plug by NGK®. NGK manufactures all types of spark plugs and glow plugs featuring the latest in technology.Laser welded Iridium center electrode tipPlatinum disc welded to backside of ground electrode provides long life$8.68 - $41.78
- Motorcraft® Ignition CoilIgnition Coil by Motorcraft®. If you are looking for a quality ignition coil, Motorcraft has the perfect product for you. The patented steel used in the lamination stack ensures a consistent magnetic field needed to develop the...Direct OEM replacementRecommended by Ford Motor Company$15.79 - $95.32
Guides & Articles
- Performance Ignition SystemsThe Benefits of a Performance Ignition DistributorSince their inception at the start of the 20th century, motor vehicles with gasoline burning engines have needed a precise way to deliver an electrical spark to each of the engine's cylinders. (Note that diesel engines do not rely on an electrical spark to ignite the fuel-air mixture.) For much of the past 100 years, the spark has been delivered by the ignition distributor. The distributor is always mechanically linked or timed to the engine's rotation so that the spark is sent at the exact moment it is needed.
- Performance Engine PartsPerforming a Basic Engine Tune UpThis article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction because not all running/performance issues will be solved via a simple tune up.
- Ignition PartsUnderstanding The Different Types Of Spark PlugsSince the dawn of the automobile, spark plugs have been an integral part of gasoline engines because they conduct the electrical energy from a vehicle’s ignition system needed to finalize the combustion process. After the gas/air mixture has been fully compressed inside the cylinder head, spark plugs serve a miniature bolt of lightning to create an explosion which pushes a piston downward.
- Centric® Posi Quiet™ Extended Wear Semi-Metallic Brake Pads$31.56 - $33.09
- Dorman® Engine Oil Pan$49.49 - $61.90
Ford Taurus Ignition Parts Reviews
2011 Jeep Wrangler