Stage 2 Cerametallic Racing Clutch Kit by EXEDY®. EXEDY cerametallic clutches are engineered to handle the abuse of high powered modified engines. EXEDY cerametallic friction material can handle much more slippage than stock type disc assemblies can without slipping and fading. All cerametallic discs feature spring center dampers to reduce impact and shock loads.
- Cerametallic friction disc with EXEDY exclusive friction composition
- High friction coefficient material handles much more heat than stock-type without slip or fade
- Designed to handle higher horsepower workload
- Heavy Duty oil-quench hardened damper springs absorb shock
- Hi-load bonding agents retain clutch material
- Thick and thin discs available
- Thick disc has better heat capacity than OEM organic disc
- Lighter disc assemblies mean less inertia for quicker shifting
- 3- or 4-pad designs depending on application
- Works well for Street, Rally and Drag
- High performance cover has average of 40% increase in clamp load
- Extra capacity sufficient for common street car power upgrades
- Ductile iron pressure plate provides high strength, anti-burst protection in all temperature ranges
- SFI approved for racing
- Stamped steel cover designed to reduce deflection, improve pedal feel
With 40% more clamping load, the cover used for Stage 2 clutches adds plenty of torque capacity without making pedal pressures uncomfortably high. The cerametallic friction material used is much more tolerant of slippage than stock-type discs. But the real performance advantage to a Stage 2 clutch is the lightweight friction disc. The reduced rotating weight makes your engine rev faster, decelerate more quickly when you lift off the throttle, and takes strain off your transmission synchronizers for faster shifting. For most uses, the thicker disc has better heat capacity, allowing you to creep through traffic or slip the clutch while off-roading. Save the thin disc assembly for circuit racing, where clutch longevity is less important.
EXEDY® is a global leader in the clutch business, with hundreds of applications, many of them still bearing their original Daikin logo. Well-respected, and with a huge share of the OEM clutch industry, EXEDY has become a leader in the motorsports field, pioneering new technologies like puller clutch springs and carbon-fiber friction material. With roots going back to 1923, EXEDY manufactures globally, but has a major presence in the US, with several domestic facilities manufacturing clutch components for applications here and for export.