Rack And Pinion Bushings by Energy Suspension®. Energy Suspension offers polyurethane bushing sets designed to keep rack and pinion along with ram assemblies properly aligned to allow smooth movement and absorb noise, vibration, and harshness. Upgrade and replace original degraded rubber bushings with durable polyurethane construction that resists deterioration from road grime, oil leaks, and salt slush. Hardware such as zinc-plated steel center shafts, washers, threaded castle nut, and cotter pin may be included depending on application. Multiple color choices for bushings are available.
- Polyurethane bushing kits are available for rack and pinion assemblies, and rack and pinion "ram" assemblies
- Designed to secure the steering rack assembly and related parts in place, properly positioned and aligned with a minimum of slop
- Ram Bushing kit also includes zinc-plated steel center shafts, washers, threaded castle nut, and a cotter pin
- High-density polyurethane construction provides a superior cushioning effect and resists degrading, drying, and crumbling the way rubber bushings can
- Polyurethane provides greater resistance to highly caustic road-based grime and leaking vehicle fluids
- High-pressure endurance tests made in a range of extreme temperature conditions show HYPER-FLEX polyurethane lasts 5 to 10 times longer than conventional rubber
- All hardware needed for installation is included along with helpful instructions
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
Rack and pinion bushings are necessary steering system components designed to secure the steering rack assembly and related parts in place, properly positioned and aligned with a minimum of slop. Bushing kits from Energy Suspension dampen vibration, noise, and prevent binding when steering rack parts pivot under normal use. They also serve to reduce torque steer on front-wheel-drive vehicles under acceleration and wheel hop over bumps that creates a more unpleasant ride.
Power rack-and-pinion steering systems on modern vehicles are equipped with an engine-driven pump that pressurizes a two-way "ram" that serves to pull or push the steering rack in the desired direction. Ram Bushing kits are designed for this important part that does so much. Also included are zinc-plated center shafts, washers, a threaded castle nut, and a cotter pin for securing the nut.
Polyurethane construction provides superior resilience to prevent harsh vibrations from being transferred into the passenger area, and the bushings will not collapse, deform, or crumble the way rubber ones can – even when used over rough roads. Polyurethane offers the ability to stand up and perform well under extreme temperatures, resist degrading after being exposed to road grime, salt, and oily contaminants, and resist crumbling when the hard blows are delivered. Energy Suspension proudly manufactures all components in the United States, and backs them with a 2-year warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Founded in the early 1980s in San Clemente, California, Energy Suspension® has specialized in the development and improvement of polyurethane, and has always been a believer in finding ways to use it to create products that improve automotive performance. Since the company's earliest days, their mission has been to be number one in quality and product lineup when it comes to polyurethane bushings, mounts, and other vibration-dampening grommets. Today, their worldwide presence and industry-wide respect show their efforts have paid off. Energy Suspension has achieved many firsts in the world of polyurethane suspension products, and on our website we offer many of its products at budget-friendly prices. In an independent test done by Mopar Muscle magazine, a late model Dodge Challenger Hemi was fitted with Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings throughout all steering and suspension components. While the ride was still comfortable after the change, the improved Challenger's lap times dropped consistently from 76 seconds with OEM rubber to 74 seconds with the polyurethane bushings. Their more resilient nature resisted crushing and warping under pressure - in turn, leading to reduced body lean and better tire grip which allowed faster speeds around turns. Considering races are often won by a fraction of a second, it's easy to see the significant benefits that Energy Suspension bushings can bring to your car or truck.