Stage 5 Super Street Dimpled and Slotted Brake Kit by EBC®. Includes: 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors and Yellowstuff Brake Pads. The EBC Stage 5 SuperStreet Brake Kit is designed for those looking for heavy-duty high gripping pads and rotors. Thanks to the 4000 Series Yellowstuff Street and Track Pads matched with some of the coolest rotors you're sure to get smooth, consistent braking every time you hit the brake pedal. The anodized layer is designed to disappear in the area that the brake pads contact the rotor.
- Angled slots on rotor surfaces allow superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gases
- Round indents in the rotors surface further increase cooling without the risk of cracking that drill-through holes pose
- Black GEOMET™ and NITROTHERM™ anti corrosive finish
- Brake rotors are unidirectional to the left and right side of your vehicle to maximize effectiveness
- 3GD vented centers feature a wider aperture for air to pass between both rotor sides for superior cooling
- EBC recommends a 500 mile break in period with lighter braking application
- Designed to provide an optimum combination of street and racetrack performance
- Unique composition allows high braking friction when brakes are cold
- Features a cold friction rating of 0.5
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are yellow powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Provides equivalent performance to GG-rated brake pads
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- Dimpled holes and Slots reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Dimples are resistant to cracking compared to drilled holes
- Dimples reduce the stress on the pads and improve heat dissipation
- Dimpled holes and Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
EBC pioneered brake rotors with dimple-drilled round indents decades ago to provide a solution to cracking problems that sometimes plague perforated rotors operating under high stress and heat conditions. What makes the 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors superior is the presence of both these dimpled indents and straight vent slots. Combined, they provide the superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gas that is needed to keep rotors cool and functional during street performance driving in any weather. Additionally, 3GD rotors feature a wider vented aperture for air to pass between both rotor sides, so metal expands evenly during use and the chance of warpage is minimized. 3GD rotors are designed for use with EBC Greenstuff 4x4 brake pads, Greenstuff 2000 compact car pads, Yellowstuff heavy duty 4x4 brake pads, and Yellowstuff / Redstuff pads created for shorter high performance street or track runs and drifting. 3GD brake rotors are anodized to prevent corrosion, and rotors should be fully ready for use after the first 500 miles of moderate brake application.
EBC Yellowstuff 1793 compound is a true winner all round, it has high friction from cold, not requiring warm up for street use yet when loaded up and really hot the brakes just get better. Even up to truck weights these pads grip and do not heat fade. They also suitable and the most fastest brake pads for Trackday and Drift racing. EBC yellows are ECE Brake safety tested which means they must work perfectly from cold at least as good or better than stock pads. When Yellowstuff see some heat (which is not tested for in the ECE R 90 brake safety regulations) they really show their pedigree. On Japanese cars built with lower friction FF rated pads these deliver a full grade higher stopping and on German cars built with GG these are about the only aftermarket pads that will match or beat the pretty good German OE spec pads and that takes some doing.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes® is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.