Automatic Transmission Torque Converter (282) by Dacco®. 1 Piece. DACCO® offers the most extensive line of torque converters in the industry, and because have more than 80 locations, those parts are available for same or next-day delivery to every major market in North America. DACCO® has the right torque converter products for your needs, covered by unbeatable no hassle warranties, giving you and your customers peace of mind. When DACCO® joined forces with Transtar, created a game-changing partnership aimed at delivering unbeatable service and selection, backed by the most reliable expertise in the transmission aftermarket industry.
|Converter type: Non-Lock-up|
|Hub Type: Slotted|
|Mounting Point: Thick|
|Ring Gear Tooth Count: Narrow|
|Spline Count: 24|
- Perfect to improve your vehicle’s performance
- Made from high-strength materials for exceptional durability
- Guaranteed to withstand the world’s toughest environments
- Proven to surpass OE components in every way
How Does DACCO® Build a Quality Torque Converter?
All DACCO® Torque Converters are built to the highest quality standards in the industry and warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of 3 years or 36,000 miles from the date of purchase, whichever occurs first. Every converter goes through the following five-step process to ensure the highest level of quality.
Cleaning - all components are cleaned thoroughly prior to assembly:
- Components disassembled for cleaning and inspection
- State of the art cleaning equipment used to remove the smallest particles and the varnish that can accumulate on parts
- OE type sediment testing of completed products as well as sub-components
Inspection - no marginal or borderline components are used:
- Components disassembled, qualified, repaired, or replaced
- Scheduled and random audits ensure items are meeting specifications
- Overlapping stages of quality checks ensure quality components
Assembly - proper assembly and specifications are achieved:
- Extensive research conducted into meeting and exceeding OEM specs
- Detailed training and testing support builders and processes
- Multiple manual and digital quality checks ensure correct assembly and dimensions are met every time
Welding - OEM factory welding machines and technology are used to ensure a true converter with no leaks or inner contamination.
Final Inspection - 100% functional testing for leaks, run out, end play and balance:
- Custom built leak check machines require
- Human and machine approval to pass with no leaks
- Static dimensions and functional specifications are measured on the Proud System, the digital backbone of the Quality Control System. The details are recorded with the unique QR code for each converter
- End of Line visual inspections are conducted on each converter to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met when they open the box
- Additional random audits are done to further verify the quality of the product that you receive
Every day, every Dacco® associate has one goal – your 100% satisfaction with every product that we sell. That means they’ll do their utmost to deliver on that promise. Because at Dacco, all that matters is you. Dacco corporate offices are located in Cookeville, TN, and it’s home to the management team that oversees manufacturing, operations, sales and marketing and customer service. Dacco also has parts distribution centers in the United States. Each location offers a full-service counter for walk-in customers and several delivery options. Plus, each store’s staff includes former transmission shop owners and rebuilders. We’re also the only torque converter remanufacturer that utilizes the rolling inventory concept. That means Dacco salespeople are able to visit most of the continental United States on a weekly basis.