Universal Trunnion Spring Short Arm Weight Distribution Hitch for 2" Receivers (17332) by CURT®. 1000 lbs TW / 10000 lbs GTW. Without Trailer Ball and Sway Control. Includes installation hardware. Separate trailer ball required. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Hooker will last a lifetime. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an affordable cost.
- Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component
- Includes a 2" x 2" adjustable WD shank, spring bars, adjustable head, hookup brackets, spring bar chains, U-bolts and a pin and clip (trailer ball not included)
|Gross Trailer Weight(GTW): 10000 lbs|
|Tongue Weight(TW): 1000 lbs|
|Finish: Durable Powder Coat|
- Levels tow vehicle and trailer by distributing a portion of the tongue weight
- Equipped with 28 3/8" trunnion-style, forged steel spring bars
- Heavy-duty, formed head can be adjusted for precise leveling
- Features built-in sway control attachment tabs
- 12" adjustable shank fits 2" x 2" receiver tube openings
- 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" WD replacement shank also available
- Snap-up brackets and lift handle allow for easy leveraging of spring bars
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
The CURT weight distribution hitch is a specialized towing system that provides improved vehicle and trailer control by leveling the trailer and more evenly distributing its tongue weight across the trailer's and vehicle's axles. Weight distribution hitches are commonly used on travel trailers and campers but can also be applied to other large loads.
CURT WD hitches come with a 2" x 2" shank and are compatible with class 3, 4 and most 5 trailer hitches, including Xtra Duty and Commercial Duty (2-1/2" replacement WD shank may be required), as well as some RV trailer hitches. While a weight distribution hitch will increase the gross trailer weight capacity of most trailer hitches, the vehicle's weight carrying capacity must be taken into consideration before towing a heavier trailer.
This trunnion bar weight distribution hitch features a heavy-duty formed head and square spring bars constructed from forged steel. It offers a gross trailer weight capacity up to 10,000 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 1,000 lbs. It also includes hook-up brackets, spring bar safety chains and a pin and clip. To protect this hitch from scratching, chipping, rust and UV damage, it also comes with a durable black powder coat finish. A trailer ball must be purchased separately.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".