Every hoist is thoroughly inspected and tested prior to shipment from the factory. Should any problems develop, return the complete hoist prepaid. If inspection reveals that the problem is caused by defective workmanship or material, repairs will be made without charge and the hoist will be returned, transportation prepaid.
This warranty does not apply where:
- deterioration is caused by normal wear, abuse, improper or inadequate power supply, eccentric or side winding, overloading, chemical or abrasive actions, improper maintenance or excessive heat;
- problems resulted from repairs, modifications or alterations made by persons other than factory or Coffing Authorized Warranty Repair Station personnel;
- the hoist has been abused or damaged as a result of an accident;
- repair parts or accessories other than those supplied by Coffing are used on the hoist. Equipment and accessories not of the seller’s manufacture are warranted only to the extent that they are warranted by the manufacturer.
EXCEPT AS STATED HEREIN, COFFING HOISTS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
All shipments of Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) products are manufacturing plant or warehouse, and title or risk of loss shall pass to the customer upon delivery to the carrier, regardless of who pays the shipping cost. Shipping charges will be prepaid and allowed on any order (excluding noted models below*) when the order totals at least 500 pounds; providing such orders are for one shipment to one destination within the continental United States. Carrier and routing will be at the discretion of Columbus McKinnon Corporation. Small orders will not be accumulated to meet total freight requirements for prepaid freight. “Add to” orders will be considered new orders and will not be included with orders already placed. If Columbus McKinnon makes partial shipment on an order originally meeting freight prepayment requirement, Columbus McKinnon will absorb transportation charges on all shipments applying to that order. Parcel post shipments will be insured at customer’s expense, but customer is responsible for placing a valuation upon such shipments for insurance purposes. Shipments that do not meet the freight allowed criteria will be made on a prepaid and add basis unless otherwise specified by customer. Requests for collect or third party bill shipments must specify the carrier.
* The following products do not qualify for 500 lbs. freight allowance: Cady, Chester Hoists, Electrification, Jib Cranes, LodeRail (including accessory items), Powerstar, and all Wire Rope Hoists and Crane Components Products.
* For Little Mule Utility Products freight is prepaid on orders totaling 250 lbs. or more.
Parts returned need to be clean, free of corrosion, and in good salable (as received) condition. Those parts that are not currently active or are obsolete will not be allowed for return. All parts need to be bagged and identified with the part number, and only hoist parts that are stocked by CMCO may be returned. The invoice number and the invoice date should be shown for each item being returned. If the invoice number and date cannot be supplied or determined by CMCO, no credit will be allowed. Once a parts return request is initiated, CMCO will provide a template which must be completed to obtain all required information for the parts being returned, and allow for the RGN to be generated.
Load Chain is eligible for return under the same general terms as noted above, plus the following conditions: Chain must be in standard lengths, as defined by CMCO, and in good salable condition. A packing list must be filled out with the number of pieces by size and returned along with the product. Starter pieces will not be accepted for credit. Any load chain that is not of standard length, is not clearly marked with identification and is more than 1 year old will not be accepted for credit.