SS4 Series Drilled and Slotted Brake System by Baer®. This high-performance brake kit gives you two-piece lightweight 11-inch rotors for the front and a choice of two-piece 13-inch or one-piece 12-inch rotors for the rear. Monoblock aluminum 4-piston calipers and ceramic brake pads provide superior braking performance needed during aggressive street driving. Calipers are finished with durable powder coat in a choice of colors for protection against grime and and chips while internal construction of aluminum and stainless steel ensures long-lasting performance uncompromised by corrosion.
- Caliper housings feature a durable powder coat finish that is resistant to chips, grime, and brake dust
- Calipers feature 4 pistons each for excellent braking performance
- Calipers are a 1-piece design forged from a solid block of aluminum
- Calipers come pre-loaded with ceramic brake pads that offer superior heat disbursement, longer life, quieter operation, and lower dust levels
- Calipers are radially mounted to maintain greater stiffness under load - ensuring pads stay in alignment with the rotor and make a more even, superior level of contact
- Calipers feature stainless steel pistons, caliper attachment brackets, and vibration dampening springs to ensure freedom from corrosion deterioration
- Pistons within each caliper are staggered in size to minimize pad taper and uneven pad wear
- Brake pads feature racing grade backing plates that more effectively prevent heat buildup that causes brake fluid boiling as well as damage to caliper seals and dust boots
- Rotors are dipped in zinc to resist corrosion on non-contact areas
- 90 days Warranty against Manufacturer's defects
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
- Drilled holes and Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Drilled rotors improve the appearance of your wheels and provide reduced rotor weight
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
Baer SS4 Plus brake kits offer virtually all the features and benefits of their Extreme Plus and Pro Plus kits in smaller rotor sizes. Now you can upgrade your vehicle's braking performance without spending money on larger rims! Designed for aggressive street driving, this kit starts with 4-piston calipers - an upgrade from the typical two pistons found on most modern vehicles. Baer has tested and refined the calipers relentlessly in order to achieve the perfect balance of performance and control. Engineers determined radially mounted calipers maintain greater stiffness under load, and SS4 ones are built that way to ensure pads stay in proper alignment with the rotor. Perfectly balanced performance means using superior materials to ensure components continue to work as well tomorrow as they do today by staying free from corrosion. Stainless steel is used to craft the caliper pistons, caliper attachment brackets, and vibration dampening springs. Pistons within each caliper are staggered in size to minimize pad taper and uneven pad wear, so you'll get more usable brake life out of your pads as well. Finally, aluminum caliper housings feature a durable powder coat finish that's extremely resistant to heat, grime, and rock chips.
Baer matches the high level of caliper performance with ceramic brake pads that come pre-loaded inside each caliper. Used in championship racing where 200 mile-per-hour speeds quickly generate blistering heat, ceramic brake pads offer the natural ability to stay cool under the most severe conditions. When ceramic brake pads are combined with the slotted and perforated design of the rotors, heat buildup is reduced so extensively that brake fade rarely occurs - because brake fluid stays cool enough not to reach boiling temperature. Ceramic brake pads are far quieter due to their higher resonant frequency undetectable by human ears, so squealing is not an issue. And finally, ceramic compounds last longer and produce finer, less obtrusive dust that does not stick to most wheel surfaces. Ceramic brake pads also feature racing-grade backing plates that more effectively prevent heat buildup. You don't need a high-performance vehicle to enjoy the benefits these brake kits offer, and you might find your dealer charging a similar price while giving you less. We invite you to contact our knowledgeable specialists seven days a week for help with any questions you have on Baer brake kits at 800-505-3274.
Founded in 1986 in Phoenix, Arizona, Baer® began with the goal of producing only superior brake components and kits for the driver who appreciates high levels of performance on the street and on the track. Company leaders have always been relentless in their pursuit of making better products through innovation and quality control measures that result in defect-free manufacturing. Whether you're looking to upgrade factory brakes with OEM size components, larger calipers and rotors, or convert a classic with drum brakes to discs, Baer offers a wide selection of brake packages for every driving purpose and budget.