Back Rack Cab Guard by BackRack®. BackRack’s “Back Rack” cab protector mounts to existing stake pockets at the front of your bed to protect your cab from damage caused by large, heavy cargo that may shift forward. Heavy duty reinforced steel construction with horizontal cross bars form a sturdy barrier of window protection with full rearward visibility. Reinforced steel construction ensures high strength and rigidity, and a protective layer of black powder coat resists scratches, chips, and corrosion. Multiple light mounting brackets are available.
- Reinforced steel frame tubing offers maximum strength and rigidity
- Durable black powder coat finish provides a high level of protection from chips, scratches and corrosion
- Horizontal top edge is designed for easy mounting of brackets to hold lights and other accessories
- Frame uses factory stake pockets for installation (some models may also require drilling into side bed walls)
- Useful for carrying ladders and other gear too long to fit into the bed (requires rear Ladder Rack Rear Bar sold separately)
- Protects your truck's cab and rear window against impacts when cargo in your bed may slide forward
- Fully compatible with tonneau covers
- Steel center bars are permanently welded to frame section
- Installation may require removal of 1-piece hard bed liners
- All hardware pieces are zinc coated to provide resistance to corrosion
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
Carrying heavy debris, sharp-edged objects, branches, and other equipment in your pickup's bed can easily lead to damaged bodywork, a shattered rear window, and potential injury to cab occupants when a sudden stop causes cargo to slide forward and ram your rear window area. BackRack's "BackRack" offers a stylish solution to the "headache" of permanent dents and broken glass. A sturdy frame of 2" square tubing and horizontal reinforcement bars secure to your truck's stake pockets to form a wall of protection between bed and cab. Not only does the BackRack cab guard protect your truck from damage, its solid construction serves to keep the rack itself looking good and free of damage as well.
In addition to providing armor-plated protection, the functionally elegant design of the center section does not impede side or rearward visibility for driver or passenger. A durable layer of black powder coat created from baked ceramics surrounds all areas of the metal. Not only does it provide an extremely hard surface finish that's difficult to scratch or chip, it provides a high level of corrosion protection from the elements. BackRack proudly manufactures BackRack Cab Guards in North America and backs them with a 1-year warranty against defects or corrosion.
Since the company’s earliest days, BackRack® has specialized in stylish products and accessories for pickup trucks, built with nothing less than the finest grade of stainless steel. With corporate headquarters and manufacturing based in Canada, BackRack also has United States operations in New York and California to ensure fast delivery and a quality customer experience. BackRack has relentlessly tested, refined, and improved every process of their engineering, construction, and quality control to ensure that eliminating waste and defects are how their products can be priced more competitively – not cost-cutting, and building a cheaper product.