Pro-ACT™ Ultra-Premium Ceramic Rear Disc Brake Pads (ACT1691) by Akebono®. These pads combine OE quality and fit with application-specific friction formulations to deliver a superior level of braking performance. Innovative ceramic formulations virtually eliminate brake squealing, groaning, and vibration while extending rotor life for smooth braking performance you can trust.
|Series: Pro-ACT™ Ultra-Premium|
|Friction Material: Ceramic|
|Quantity: Sold as Set|
- Unrivaled stopping power with OE quality for confident control
- Vehicle-optimized ceramic formulas for improved performance that is unmatched by “one size fits all” brands
- Ultimate upgrade for OE semi-metallic, organic and low-metallic brake pads
- OE powder paint provides superior durability
- Definitive control of noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)
- OE shim material for improved noise reduction
- Require no break-in period
- Ultra-low dusting for cleaner wheels and tires
- Increased pad and rotor life
- OE positive mold design
- Precision cut pressure plate
- Fade resistant
- Made by the largest ceramic brake pad manufacturer in the world with more than 80 years of brake design expertise
- Sold as a set for two wheels
- Proudly made in the USA
Pro-ACT brake pads utilize the aftermarket’s only OE-validated, application-specific friction formulations to provide excellent braking performance. With Pro-ACT, many car owners receive OE-quality replacements as Akebono is the Original Equipment Manufacturer for a great number of popular Japanese and domestic vehicles, while owners of other makes experience an upgrade from the conventional pads. To provide NVH control (control of noise, vibration, and hardness), every Pro-ACT pad application contains an average of 20 raw ingredients essential to the elimination of NVH. Conventional friction formulations may contain no more than 8, for substantially reduced NVH control. Precision-fit shims are also incorporated into the design and pads are slotted and chamfered, where applicable, to further eliminate noise and deliver ultra-quiet braking performance.
With Pro-ACT pads you will experience more consistent and smooth braking power over a variety of driving conditions, including panic stops and no break-in procedure is required. The innovative Ceramic Technology produces high resistance to fade and ultra-low dusting for cleaner wheels and tires while providing significantly improved pad wear performance compared to traditional brake pads. Pro-ACT pad formulations are “rotor friendly” and prevent uneven rotor wear and annoying brake pulsation.
Founded in Japan in 1929, Akebono® is a key resource for both OEMs and the automotive aftermarket all around the globe. In the 1980's, the company gained the leading position in the brake market in North America. Today it is the number one brake manufacturer in the world. The corporation operates manufacturing plants in Tennessee, Kentucky, and South Carolina. To provide consistent performance for comfort and confident control behind the wheel, every part by Akebono is backed by one of the most comprehensive Research and Development technical centers in the country and driven by customer satisfaction.