Chevy SSR 2004, BDX™ Handheld Programmer by Bully Dog®. Bully Dog’s new BDX™ hand-held performance tuner gives drivers the edge they need, whether tackling tough terrain, pulling a heavy payload or maximizing fuel economy on the highway. Its sleek design, full-color display and customizable gauges help track and adjust powertrain performance to deliver more horsepower and torque when it’s needed most. Cloud-based tune delivery over built-in Wi-Fi means that the BDX™ will always be running the latest tuning- enabling drivers to stay one step ahead of the pack.
- Does not fit models with any changes to emission system.
|Max Horse Power Gain: 94 HP
|Max Torque Gain: 154 lbs. x ft.
- BDX Device
- Micro USB cable
- HDMI/OBD II cable
- Stores your vehicle's factory tune file for easy restoration back to the stock program
- Built in help files, with the ability to document your changes
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to easily attach to your local area wireless network to download device updates
- View & record your vehicle's PCM data on the device or on a PC
- Increases your vehicle's horsepower, torque, throttle response and even fuel mileage
- Installs quickly & easily via your vehicle's OBDII port
- Monitor engine parameters in real-time via the large backlit LCD screen
- Reads & clears PCM diagnostic trouble codes
The BDX™ module improves fuel economy; testimonials given by testers mention significant increases in fuel economy. These modules improve fuel economy by improving the efficiency of the fuel that is used; therefore, the rapid power module allows the vehicle to produce the same power as stock using less fuel. Improvements in fuel economy are dependent upon driver habits and vehicle application.
Bully Dog® was formed in 1998 in Aberdeen, Idaho. The founders of Bully Dog – Michael, Phillip, and Daryl Klassen - were heavily influenced by their father Harold's interest in improving vehicle performance. Several years prior to the company's inception, Harold had experimented with increasing performance on his diesel farm tractor by injecting propane into the engine's combustion chamber. In 1998, Bully Dog's owners took this concept and developed and patented a safe and effective propane injection system to enhance diesel engine performance. These systems were first sold out of their farm shop, but as demand increased, they moved the company to another location and officially organized Bully Dog. Bully Dog's mission was now to be recognized as the leader in the diesel performance industry. With the introduction of electronic components and software to improve performance, they began to research new types of products like intake and exhaust systems to complement their electronic components. In 2005, the company expanded its range of products to include performance products for gasoline-powered vehicles. Bully Dog is now able to offer a complete performance package.