Volkswagen Corrado SLC 1993, High Performance Street Brake Pads by Hawk®. These brake pads designed for an aggressive level of street driving with more repetitive, heavy braking. While these pads are made from Ferro-Carbon that was developed for racetrack applications, their formulation has been blended to provide a more progressive feel for the street. They provide 20 to 40% more braking power without causing higher wear on rotors the way racetrack formulated pads do. Designed to the precise tolerances of factory parts for proper fit and operation and are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
|Series: High Performance Street|
|Friction Material: Ferro-Carbon|
|Finish: Black Powder Coat|
|Dust Rating: Low|
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing|
|Quantity: Sold as Set|
- Ferro-Carbon pad construction is blended with a higher friction output designed for aggressive street driving
- Braking power is increased by 20% to 40% over original equipment regardless of extreme cold or warm temperatures
- Pads maintain a very progressive brake feel for comfortable use during normal driving
- Brake pad material produces a low amount of dust and does not cause excessive rotor wear the way racetrack brake pads can
- Pads and clips are designed in the precise size and shape of factory OEM parts for proper fit and operation
- Pre-chamfered edges ensure more effective braking against worn brake rotors
- Slotted center groove provides more effective removal of water, dust, and gasses that build up normally during the braking process
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects (not wear)
- Sold as a set for two wheels
High Performance Street Brake Pads are designed to offer 20-40% more grip for performance vehicles that see aggressive street driving while maintaining gradual and progressive application that makes them easy to live with under normal conditions. They come designed for grip the minute you put them on your vehicle with a heat-scorched top layer to help the pads mate initially to new or worn brake rotor surfaces. Once the street pads have fully broken in, the grip they are known for is available at all times whether the brakes are cold on an icy morning or hot on a Friday night.
The High Performance Street Brake Pads are made not from ceramic materials, but a Ferro-Carbon compound consisting of iron, carbon, and titanium that yields a higher level of friction naturally. They resist heat buildup that plagues OEM pads under heavy use, so there will be no need to compensate for reduced effectiveness after brake fluid gets hot enough to boil in the lines. While the many advantages of aggressive street brake pads typically come at a higher cost, we offer you the superior all-around performance of these parts with value-priced brake parts from Hawk.
Founded in 1990, Hawk® is part of the Carlisle Brake and Friction (CBF) group of companies based in Ohio that produces traditional and hydraulic brake parts, clutch equipment, and transmission components as OEM equipment for a wide range of agricultural, aviation, military, motorcycle, and construction equipment manufacturers. CBF products are used by Caterpillar, John Deere, Eaton, Wichita Clutch, DANA, Allison, Harley Davidson, Brembo, ZF Sachs, Clark Hurth, and many more. Hawk Performance draws on that incredible pool of engineering talent to create some of the most respected performance brake pads and rotors for the automotive industry, and has recently been named the official brake product of Pirelli World Challenge Championship, SCCA, and SCVRA racing organizations. Hawk brake components have been instrumental in racing victories with the Nissan Skyline GT-R team, Baja races, and a variety of motorsports events. When you want the best brake components for high performance driving or towing needs that meet or exceed OEM specification without OEM markup, Hawk Performance has you covered.