Scion Roof Racks & Cargo Carriers
Many people deal with the problem of transporting large and bulky items, but few of them actually find practical solutions for it. Some opt to pay transport companies; others buy trailers with additional space, yet the optimal solution in this situation is to buy roof racks. These parts consist of three elements: rails, towers, and mounts, and are attached to the roof of your car. The way they work is by fastening your bulky items sturdily, and keeping them in that position for the duration of your trip. This is an especially popular choice for athletes and hobbyists, who transport kayaks, bicycles, surfboards, skis and other equipment. The Scion roof racks sold at CARiD are a very practical and beneficial choice that you should not overlook.
As mentioned before, you can fasten your belongings to the racks, but this does not work for all items and doesn’t protect them from the outside weather conditions, so we also offer various baskets and containers meant for racks to solve this problem. Our catalog features many different models from such manufacturers as Thule and Rhino-Rack. All roof racks and cargo carriers are built with utmost precision and quality. Buy this product today, and your journeys and travels will become much more enjoyable and comfortable.
- Thule® Hyper™ XL Cargo BoxHyper™ XL Cargo Box by Thule®. The Hyper is Thule's top of the line, premium cargo box. It's the perfect combination of style, protection, and quality. The Hyper is loaded with features to make transporting your gear easy, safe,...$959.95
- Yakima® PowderHound Roof Ski and Snowboard RacksPowderHound Roof Ski and Snowboard Racks by Yakima®. Save your money for lift tickets. These affordable carriers are available in models that will carry up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards, or up to 6 pairs of skis or 4...$89.00 - $209.00
- Thule® Sidearm Roof Bike RackSidearm Roof Bike Rack by Thule®. Many of today's expensive high-tech bikes feature frames made from exotic materials like carbon fiber, which can be easily damaged if mishandled. The Sidearm bike rack holds the bike by the front...$199.95
- Thule® Pulse Cargo BoxPulse Cargo Box by Thule®. Pulse Cargo Boxes give you the extra space you need at a great value. The Easy-Grip mounting system enables you to attach the carrier to Thule Rack Systems, round bars, and most factory racks in about 10...$399.95 - $479.95
- Rhino-Rack® Luggage BagsLuggage Bags by Rhino-Rack®. The Rhino Luggage Bag is the perfect accessory to complement your luggage tray or steel mesh basket. Designed for harsh conditions, this bag will get your gear to your destination hassle free.$215.10 - $269.10
- Thule® Sonic Cargo BoxSonic Cargo Box by Thule®. The Sonic is Thule's versatile series of aerodynamic cargo boxes, with a size and color to suit every need and taste. The Sonic boxes are finished in your choice of metallic black or metallic silver. The...$549.95 - $699.95
- Yakima® Whispbar™ WB300 Ski and Snowboard RackWhispbar™ WB300 Ski and Snowboard Rack by Yakima®. For a ski and snowboard carrier with unrivaled looks and features that can’t be beat, look no further than the Whispbar WB300. The sleek, low-profile shape and anodized...$90.00 - $459.00
- Thule® Pull Top Ski and Snowboard RackPull Top Ski and Snowboard Rack by Thule®. The Pull Top is Thule's top of the line ski and snowboard carrier. The combination of easy, fast installation with Thule's exclusive Speed-Link™ mounting system and telescoping arms that...$249.95
- Yakima® Whispbar™ Through BarsWhispbar™ Through Bars by Yakima®. If you're looking for more cargo carrying capacity than the Whispbar Flush Bars can provide, these Through bars are what you need. Unlike the Flush bars, these cross bars extend past the rack...$429.00 - $459.00
- Yakima® FrontLoader Roof Bike RackFrontLoader Roof Bike Rack by Yakima®. This versatile carrier may be the easiest to install and load bike rack yet devised. The simple to operate built-in clamps attach to round, square, factory, and aero crossbars, with no tools...$179.00
- Yakima® SkyBox LoPro Roof Cargo BoxSkyBox LoPro Roof Cargo Box by Yakim®. 92"L x 36"W x 11.5"H, 15 cu. ft. capacity. Get your gear out of the inside of your vehicle and up on the roof rack, so you can carry more passengers (or more gear). The SkyBox LoPro Cargo Box...$649.00
- Rhino-Rack® 2500 Multi Fit Aero Roof Rack System2500 Multi Fit Aero Roof Rack System by Rhino-Rack®. Stylish, aerodynamic, fuel saving, extruded aluminum black cross bars mount to UV stabilized glass reinforced nylon legs. Designed for vehicles with a bare roof line (without...$359.10
- Yakima® Round CrossbarsRound Crossbars by Yakima®. These rugged high-density polyethylene coated, galvanized steel crossbars attach to the roof mounted towers and support roof rack mounted accessories like bike racks, watersport racks, ski & snowboard...$89.00 - $209.00
- Thule® Hullavator Lift-Assist Kayak CarrierHullavator Lift-Assist Kayak Carrier by Thule®. The Hullavator is Thule's premium lift-assist kayak carrier. It enables one person to load the carrier from the side of the vehicle at waist level, and the gas-assist struts lift up...$619.95
- Yakima® SkyBox Roof Cargo BoxSkyBox Roof Cargo Box by Yakima®. Get your gear out of the inside of your vehicle and up on the roof rack, so you can carry more passengers (or more gear). This premium carrier, delivering security and protection for your gear with...$549.00 - $699.00
I was originally looking for a Thule roof rack, like drivers often seek a Mercedes: Name recognition of status. I ran a basic search for "automotive roof racks" and ran into Yakima offerings, along the way. What initially impressed me was the aerodynamic shape of the bars which reduce drag while driving. The second advantage the Yakima provided was the primarily aluminum construction wherever possible to avoid a rust and corrosion problem as the rack grew older. Another plus was very smooth and stylish end-pieces that fully covered the bar terminal ends of the Whispbar. That overall polished look was so neat, so tidy, and full of quality that I quickly became impressed. Further, the mechanism on my roof would be lockable, safeguarding the bars. My wife wanted me to get a low-end product at a local big box store instead. Their bars were made of iron, painted black, and square in design of the bars...just an easy target for rust. Her rationale was that I really didn't know if my son's surfing interest was a passing fade or a key part of his personal identity and pride. The son is 14. If it's a faddish thing, it would last until he was 18 and off to college, presumingly a short-term interest and not worth buying a top-shelf system. I took a chance that it would be the former. (Still think I'm right.) Lockable rack tie-down straps are available for the Yakima, completing the package. Yakima aerobar pad covers I chose to insure a soft surface for his surfboard to rest upon, but I do wish the pad covers had covered the entire exposed section of the bars. The whole package was $540 and it looks so close to quality OEM products that the casual observer might mistake it for one of the the dealer options for the car. The warranty was five years, though I expect it would last much longer as long as you don't move the bars multiple times or deliberately over-tighten the seating mechanism. There was ample room for moving the bars both farther and closer together and diagrams were provided with guidelines for proper positioning. The device fitting the bar end-pieces to your specific car had a generous thick coat of paint in close to flat black and the kit provided thick, self-adhesive vinyl (?) strips to additionally protect the indented sections of the door wells. (Don't know what that part of the car body is called) The bars might enable one to more easily sell the vehicle, should I later choose. The instruction booklet was ample and helped me not to have a lot of anxiety about properly attaching the Whispbars. Two keys were provided to safeguard the bars, as well as two more for the lockable straps. Ease of installation was very good, but not perfectly executed. In a couple of step details, Yakima could've been a little clearer, but it never got to the point that it caused me to mis-install the bars. After strapping down my son's surfboard to the Yakima roof rack system, there were no flapping shoe-strings or strap ends to ever touch your paint surface or cause abrasions. So, would I buy the product again, having the knowledge gained through a complete installation on my car? Oh, yeah!