CURT Trailer Hitches & Towing
Today, Curt manufacturing is one of the premier trailer hitch and towing accessories suppliers in the aftermarket industry. You can 100% rely on this company for receiver hitches to bolt onto your car or truck. These stout hitches will fit perfectly on your vehicle, and will generally take less than an hour to install, at least our customers say so. Whether you need a 1-1/4" receiver for a small utility trailer, a cargo carrier, or a high-capacity 2" or 2-1/2" receiver for a horse trailer, Curt has what you need. The company strives to provide you with the top-quality products, which is why all hitches are powder coated for a long-lasting finish that won't rust.
If you are looking for the most durable and reliable hitch ball mounts and hitch balls, Curt has a large selection of them as well. You are welcome to choose a sturdy hitch ball and a tough ball mount that are suited to the class and weight of the trailer you are about to tow. The hitch balls offered by Curt usually come chromed, stainless steel or with the natural finish, while the ball mounts are always generously powdercoated. All you have to do is select a hitch mount of the proper weight class, and the correct height to keep the trailer level. Being a combination of unsurpassed quality and unparalleled aesthetics, Curt ball mounts and hitch balls are the right choice for the true enthusiasts.
- CURTŪ - Rear Trailer Hitch Starting at: $12.34 $12.34
- CURTŪ - Front Trailer Hitch Starting at: $121.44 $121.44
- CURTŪ - Class 3 Fusion Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $20.92 $20.92
- CURTŪ - Loaded Ball Mount with Ball for 2" Receivers Starting at: $24.55 $24.55
- CURTŪ - Class 3 4" Drop Reversible Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $39.47 $39.47
- CURTŪ - Class 1 1-1/4" Drop Ball Mount for 1-1/4" Receivers Starting at: $13.17 $13.17
- CURTŪ - Class 2 3-1/4" Drop Ball Mount for 1-1/4" Receivers Starting at: $16.05 $16.05
- CURTŪ - Class 3 2" Drop Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $14.90 $14.90
- CURTŪ - Class 4/5 Heavy Duty Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $33.91 $33.91
- CURTŪ - Class 5 Forged Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $42.34 $42.34
- CURTŪ - 3-in-1 ATV Multi Use Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $27.23 $27.23
- CURTŪ - Adjustable 6-3/4" Drop Dual-Length Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $81.41 $81.41
- CURTŪ - Class 3 7-1/4" Drop Adjustable Ball Mount for 2" Receivers Starting at: $70.97 $70.97
- CURTŪ - Class 3 Euro Style 3-1/4" Drop Ball Mount for 1-1/4" Receivers Starting at: $27.49 $27.49
- CURTŪ - Pintle Hook Starting at: $53.33 $53.33
- CURTŪ - 5th Wheel E16 Hitch Starting at: $202.82 $202.82
- CURTŪ - Gooseneck Hitch with 2-5/16" Trailer Ball Starting at: $145.04 $145.04
- CURTŪ 61052 - Folding Ball Gooseneck Hitch Assembly with U-Bolt Kit, Mounting Hardware and 2-5/16" Ball Starting at: $145.83 $145.83
- CURTŪ - Hitch Mounted Bike Rack for 4 Bikes Starting at: $122.85 $122.85
- CURTŪ - Winch Plate for 2" Receivers Starting at: $129.09 $129.09
- CURTŪ - Step Pad for 2" Receivers Starting at: $65.55 $65.55
- CURTŪ - Receiver Extender/Adapter Starting at: $23.40 $23.40
- CURTŪ - Brake Control with Bracket and Hardware Starting at: $39.27 $39.27
- CURTŪ - Brake and Turn Signals Tail Light with 20' Cord with 4-Way Flat Plug Starting at: $40.72 $40.72
CARiD gathered all of the Curt products under one single roof. Why? Because you will need lots of accessories: hitch pins to hold the ball mount to the receiver, clips to hold in the pins, safety chains, tongue jacks, sway controls, equalizing hitches, tail light conversion controllers, wheel chocks, the list goes on and on. Towing a trailer isnt like driving a car; the extra weight means you have to be prepared for many contingencies. Striving to make your life easier, Curt engineered and manufactures products that are calculated to make it easier to hook up your trailer, make it tow more easily and more safely, and keep you at ease while doing so.
Trailer brakes are a necessity if youre towing a trailer of any appreciable weight. Look to CARiD for Curt trailer brake controllers, wiring harnesses and connectors. Curt also has trailer breakaway boxes, switches and batteries, which will apply the trailer brakes if your trailer happens to come detached from the hitch at speed. A Curt T-connector will make it simple to attach a trailer to the factory wiring harness on your vehicle. Alternatively, tow a car behind your RV or truck by simply adding a set of magnetic towing lights, and you wont need to hook into the cars wiring at all. Curt also has trailer wiring connectors with 4, 5, 6, and 7 pins, and adapters to go back and forth between them.
Setting up a trailer to tow properly behind your car or truck takes some knowledge and forethought. The primary consideration is the weight of the trailer, which dictates how heavy-duty the tow vehicle needs to be. Dont forget to figure in the weight of the cargo, including the motorcycles, jet-skis, or lawnmowers, whatever. Add in the tools, spares, the water in the fresh, grey and black water tanks, luggage, dishes, food and beer: youll be surprised at how much weight that adds to the bare trailer. Plan on about 10% of that total, laden weight being on the trailer tongue for good stability when towing. If your tow vehicle cant handle that much tongue weight, you need to either upgrade the tow vehicle or downgrade your trailer and ambitions. Choose a hitch receiver, mount and ball adequate to the task. CARiD has the Curt products you need to tow safely.
Trailer wiring always seems to operate intermittently, and requires troubleshooting at the drop of a hat. One great electrical accessory we never tow without is an LED connector tester. Simply plug this device into the tow vehicle connector. Turn on the tow vehicles 4-way flashers and running lights, and confirm that the vehicles wiring is correct and functioning properly before you even hook up the trailer. Dont put up with intermittent connections caused by corroded trailer hitch connectors - replace the tow vehicle and trailer connectors if corrosion has turned the brass contacts green. Dont put up with dim lights and intermittent connections: its dangerous to tow without proper trailer lighting.
Fast and easy installation. Took about 2 hours to install myself. Did have to cut the fascia more than the directions showed so that the bumper didn't bow. Looks great and fits great.
I put this on my 2013 WRX. It works well. It does come unassembled but it is easy to assemble. The only thing is it wobbles a lot and is very flexible when there is weight on it, but I stood on it and bounced while it was attached to my car, and nothing happened.
Ordered the ball mount on Sunday and received it on Tuesday. Great price and great quality. The box was well packed and received with no scratches or damage.
I'm very happy with the quality of the CURT trailer hitch. It is mostly hidden and looks great. CARiD even shipped it quicker than I was expecting, and customer service was great to deal with. Many thanks and I will use CARiD again!
Really nice product. Fit is excellent. A little trouble with the bolts going in the treads, but impact wrench helped. Overall, very pleased with the product and fit. Looks great too.
Product arrived on time (actually much sooner than expected). It was in good shape with some minor scratches. Installation was a breeze. Hardest part was getting tow hook off of my vehicle and figuring out how to remove plastic clips from bumper. The clips need to be shortened a bit when placing them back or they will stick out a bit. The directions were great (pics are a bonus). Definitely a 2 person job, at least to get initial bolts in place. Overall, very happy so far.
I was really impressed with this hitch. All the parts were there when received, and the hitch fit perfectly when installed. The hitch is a little heavy, and I have passed the sixty mark some years ago, so if you have only two hands available, you need a little ingenuity to help with the installation. I lowered the spare tire as per instructions and positioned the hitch. I supported one side with a bent knee while I loosely installed one of the bottom bolts finger-tight on the other side. I then installed one of the bottom bolts on the other side while holding the hitch in position with my other hand. Once that is done, the rest is easy. One of the top holes had undercoating material in the hole and needed to be cleaned out to get the bolt through. The torquing to 110 lbs for the top holes needs a good set of arms depending on the length of the torque wrench. I used deep sockets to torque the top bolts. On my car the top bolts stick out of the nuts about six or seven threads when torqued, so it could be difficult to torque with a regular socket and an extension.
I did a lot of research on tow mirrors and the more expensive ones got much higher ratings, but all of them said they wiggled and were hare to put on. These are easy to put on and take off and do not wiggle.
I been looking for a tow mirror that would fit my '07 Expedition, and CARiD had what I was looking for. I'm very pleased on the way the mirrors look and fit,. Costumer service were very good to answer any questions I had to ask.
86 reviews with an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars