While owning a vehicle makes your life easier by allowing you to go anywhere you like in comfort, it also comes with some responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to ensure it is working at its best, and to achieve this, you want to replace parts when they are broken or, preferably, when they are about to break so you do not leave yourself stranded on the side of the road.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest Performance Camshafts the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as COMP Cams, Omix-Ada, Cloyes the Performance Camshafts we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
One component you really need to concentrate on is the camshaft, and we have all the camshaft components you need. When something breaks on your vehicle and leaves you stranded on the side of the road, you want to make sure you have access to all the right parts so you can fix the problem properly and the continue on with your life. So CARiD has all the components to give you the opportunity to find the perfect part straight away.
Your camshaft performs a number of different functions and is integral to causing the engine to provide power to the wheels. It moves around and around, opening and closing valves at exactly the right time so they can allow air and fuel into the cylinders where explosions become power. If the timing is out, then you can run into serious problems, and any failed components can cause the timing to quickly fall away until these problems occur. This makes it important to have the right camshaft components and to ensure they are replaced if they break.
There are a large number of components inside such a complex part as the camshaft, and each one is important. For instance, the camshaft thrust button is designed to prevent ''camshaft walk,'' and it sits at one end of the camshaft to remove any gaps. The camshaft gaskets are required to make sure lubricants stay within the system, rather than leaking somewhere they should not, so your camshaft is not overheating and exploding because of the extra friction. Camshaft bolts and lock plats will prevent the camshaft from moving in any unnecessary directions, and a bushing kit will keep your camshaft at its best.
When one or more of the components inside your camshaft is beginning to break down, or has broken down completely, your camshaft will no longer be working with the efficiency or perfect timing it is supposed to operate with. Components can break easily because they are under serious pressure and friction, and you can see this when you look at things like the camshaft thrust button or the gaskets. Examples of common problems include the gaskets leaking or breaking down or the camshaft thrust button wearing down to a nub after many miles of very hard service.
If one or more of these problems do happen, you will know by the way the vehicle drives. If it feels as though there is a lot less power than there is supposed to be, or the ignition timing slips and you start to notice the engine is misfiring or otherwise not running properly, then you should be looking at camshaft components. Of course, regular maintenance is also important which means checking to see whether parts have worn down or whether gaskets are leaking. A little work now could save you lots of time in the future.
- Performance Engine AssembliesShort & Long Blocks, Crate Engines
- Performance Engine BlocksBare Blocks, Freeze Plugs, Plug Kits
- Performance CrankshaftsCrankshaft Caps, Seals & Gaskets
- Performance PistonsPiston Pins & Sleeves, Piston Kits
- Performance Piston RingsOil & Compression Rings, Ring Kits
- Performance Connecting RodsConnecting Rod Bolts, Caps & Kits
- Performance Engine BearingsMain & Rod Bearings, Cam Bearings
- Performance Motor MountsTorque Mounts, Brackets & Braces
- Performance Cylinder HeadsBare Heads, Bolts & Gaskets
- Performance CamshaftsCam Bearings, Gaskets & Plugs
- Performance ValvesIntake & Exhaust Valves, Seals
- Performance Valvetrain PartsPush Rod Tubes, Rocker Arm Shafts
- Performance Valve CoversValve Cover Gaskets, Studs & Bolts
- Performance Oil Filters & Relocation KitsOil Filter Adapters & Gaskets
- Performance Oil PumpsRelief Valves & Repair Kits
- Performance Oil PansOil Sumps, Gaskets & Dipsticks
- Performance Oil CoolersOil Cooler Hoses & Lines
- Performance Timing ChainsChain Tensioners & Chain Sets
- Performance Timing GearsDrive Gear & Timing Gear Sets
- Performance Timing CoversTiming Cover Seals & Gaskets
- Performance Engine PulleysPulley Sets, Vibration Dampers
- Performance Turbochargers & SuperchargersTurbo Parts, Intercoolers
- Performance Engine Rebuild KitsEngine Bearing Kits, Gasket Kits
- Diesel System LubricantsProtects Your Engine
- Acura Performance Camshafts
- Buick Performance Camshafts
- Cadillac Performance Camshafts
- Chevy Performance Camshafts
- Chrysler Performance Camshafts
- Dodge Performance Camshafts
- Ford Performance Camshafts
- GMC Performance Camshafts
- Honda Performance Camshafts
- Hummer Performance Camshafts
- Jeep Performance Camshafts
- Lincoln Performance Camshafts
| Posted by Christopher | (Augusta, KY)
Product looks good, fixed my leak in the matter of minutes and haven't had any issues since.
- Popular Performance Camshafts Part Numbers
- AEM® 23-800BK - Tru-Time Adjustable Cam Gear
- COMP Cams® - 59300 Camshaft
- COMP Cams® - 54-451-11 Camshaft
- COMP Cams® - 88-119-6 Camshaft
- COMP Cams® - 54-450-11 Camshaft
- COMP Cams® - 35-255-5 Camshaft
- COMP Cams® - 32-601-5 Camshaft
- COMP Cams® - CL11-220-4 Camshaft/Lifter Kit
- COMP Cams® - 84-123-6 Camshaft
- Edelbrock® 2102 - Performer-Plus Camshaft with Lifter Kit