The Mazda Protégé is a small 3 door hatchback ideal for a small family. It is also available as a 4 door sedan and a 5 door hatchback. This vehicle has a choice of two transmission systems: a 4 speed automatic transmission or a 5 speed manual transmission. The Mazda protégé has undergone regeneration in the past in the hope of making it more relevant to the modern driver. However, it requires a performance exhaust system to achieve its top potential. The structure of the stock exhaust system does not allow optimal engine performance. In fact it restricts the movement of exhaust gases in the engine thereby impeding the performance of the engine. This scenario has cost implications for the owner of the car. There will be increased fuel consumption because of inefficient combustion. Also, future costs will be incurred because of the need to replace a rusty exhaust system. However all this can be avoided by replacing the stock exhaust system with an aftermarket Mazda Protégé exhaust system from CARiD.
Aftermarket Mazda Protégé exhaust systems facilitate rapid evacuation of exhaust gases by reducing pressure and turbulence within the engine cylinders and allowing fresh oxygen to fill up the vacant space created by the evacuation. The gains from this process are immediate. Your car will experience significant torque gains and horsepower. You will also realize faster acceleration and achievement of peak performance within a short period of time. Fuel economy will become a reality. Your Mazda will henceforth cover more distance per gallon of gas than it did in the past. Aftermarket exhaust systems also provide a deep manly growl as a byproduct of the installation, a sound that lasts throughout the life of the exhaust because of the sophisticated acoustic engineering concept used. You can actually install the Mazda Protégé exhaust system by yourself using the instruction manual that accompanies it.
- Flowmaster® Pipe KitUniversal Scavenger X-Pipe Kit by Flowmaster®. The Patented D-Port design of the Scavenger X-Pipe Kit creates a low-pressure area where the exhaust pulse from one pipe helps pull the next exhaust pulse from the other pipe out of...$71.08 - $373.93
- MagnaFlow® Street Series Exhaust SystemStreet Series Exhaust System by MagnaFlow®. The Street Series is designed for customers seeking increased performance and better economy, combined with a powerful and well tuned exhaust note, making a real statement within legal...Moderate SoundDelivers More Horsepower$378.87 - $3,904.65
- MagnaFlow® Exhaust SystemsExhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. Muffler Sound: MODERATE. 4" Tubing. These premium line exhaust systems for diesels with particulate filters include mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, 100% stainless steel mufflers, optional muffler...Built In Stainless Steel For DurabilityTuned, Powerful Exhaust Sound$202.60 - $3,904.65
- HKS® Hi-Power Series 304 SS Axle-Back Exhaust SystemHi-Power Series 304 SS Axle-Back Exhaust System by HKS®. Professionally developed with a racer in mind, this HKS exhaust system provides an easy opportunity to upgrade both the horsepower and sound of your precious vehicle. Made...Upgrades both the horsepower and sound of your vehicleMade from premium quality materials$223.02 - $742.57
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$202.84 - $1,748.68
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$79.39 - $1,095.80
- Borla® Crate MufflerStainless Steel Crate Muffler by Borla®. Muffler Body Material: Stainless Steel. Muffler Body Length: 14". Muffler Body Height: 4.35". Muffler Body Width: 9.1". Muffler Body Shape: Oval. Give your ride the sound it deserves!...Made of High Quality Stainless SteelAvailable in various sizes and sound levels$220.99 - $255.99
- Pypes Performance Exhaust® Universal TipsUniversal Tips by Pypes Performance Exhaust®. Finish off your Muscle car exhaust with the tip that fits the best. Each Tip is polished stainless steel and designed to look great for the life of your Muscle car.304 Polished stainlessEnsures excellent corrosion resistance$34.48 - $204.98
- AP Exhaust® Xlerator™ Stainless Steel Exhaust TipXlerator™ Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip by AP Exhaust®. Today’s exhaust performance market continues to cover a broad spectrum of vehicles. The unique nature of this market is that a product demand is not based on vehicle age or...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$6.16 - $73.13
- AP Exhaust® HD Stack PipesHD Stack Pipes by AP Exhaust®. Today’s fleets of medium and heavy duty trucks along with school buses are older and require more maintenance at a higher frequency due to age and mileage. Whether local delivery or long haul...Curved, Angle Cut, Slant Cut, Bull HornSpecialty Stacks$6.74 - $458.06
- Stainless Works® 304 SS Pipe304 SS Dual Center Section Pipe, 3" by Stainless Works®. Tubing Diameter: 3". Connection Point: Factory Connect. Crossover Style: X-Pipe. CARB Compliant: Yes. This superior product is made from high-grade stainless steel to ensure...Designed to meet strict quality standardsCarefully crafted from first-rate stainless steel$42.30 - $670.50
- DynoMax® Dual Pipe KitDual Pipe Kit by DynoMax®. With their great selection of exhaust pipes and accessories, DynoMax will provide you with everything necessary to complete the exhaust job. Every component is manufactured from quality materials and...Special reducer design allows for a variety of mounting optionsExtra long 16-gauge tailpipe with side exits and a full 2.25-in. or 2.5-in. diameter$123.98 - $201.18
- Hooker® BlackHeart™ Mid-PipeBlackHeart™ Mid-Pipe without Resonator by Hooker®. Series: BlackHeart™. Header Material: 304 SS. Without Resonator. At the heart of any performance vehicle is the exhaust system. Hooker with its classic heart logo has been at...Lightweight, 18-gauge, 304 stainless steel construction maximizing strength and durabilityAvailable with or without resonator$199.95 - $549.95
- Diamond Eye® Muffler Delete TubeMuffler Delete Tube by Diamond Eye Performance®. This products is created for those who are not afraid of the power. It is fine-tuned to deliver unrestricted power and tested against competition for maximum performance. The product...$23.94 - $86.49
- Diamond Eye® Exhaust PipeExhaust Pipe by Diamond Eye Performance®. This products is created for those who are not afraid of the power. It is fine-tuned to deliver unrestricted power and tested against competition for maximum performance. The product...$18.29 - $255.51
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
- Centric® Premium Brake Master Cylinder$67.14 - $73.10