Ford Expedition Trailer Hitches
If you have purchased a Ford Expedition trailer hitch, you will need to know what size it is in order to purchase the right size of accessories for it. This is an easy task that can be accomplished with a tape measure. You will need to measure how wide the hole is - they are usually 1 ¼ inches by 1 ¼ inches or 2 inches by 2 inches. Next you will need to find out which class the trailer hitch belongs to. If it is a Class I then the trailer weight maximum gross can be between 1,000 to 2,000 pounds with the tongue weight maximum being 100-250 pounds. With a Class II then the trailer weight maximum gross can be 2,000 to 3,500 pounds with the tongue weight maximum being 200-350 pounds.
Now say you have an opening that is 1 ¼ inches and you are trying to fit accessories in the hole that are also 1 ¼ inches but won’t fit. The reason for this is because each of the Ford Expedition trailer hitches have been designed bearing in mind the type of item it will be used for. For example if you have a Class I hitch, they will only work with the Class I hitch accessories. You therefore cannot insert a bike rack, for instance. It is actually pretty neat how the manufactures have made stoppers for the hitches. The stopper helps to keep everyone safe so they are not using the wrong accessories with it. Owing to this when a Class II accessory is used with a Class I hitch, the shank will only slide so far then stop. There will be no way to lock it in place since the pin hole will not match up. The good news is that no matter what size of Ford Expedition hitch or accessories is needed, they are available in plenty at CARiD.
- CURT® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $123.92$123.92
- Hopkins® - Agility™ Digital Brake ControlStarting at: $81.04$81.04
- Bolt Lock® - Trailer Hitch Pin LockStarting at: $29.99$29.99
- Pro Series® - 5th Wheel Installation KitStarting at: $52.14$52.14
- Eurosport Daytona® - Expedition Logo on Pink Camouflage Premium Hitch PlugStarting at: $59.95$59.95
- WARN® - Shackle Bracket for 2" Hitch ReceiverStarting at: $49.52$49.52
- Pilot® - Navigator Clear Hitch Mount Back-Up LightsStarting at: $31.78$31.78
- Hidden Hitch® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $152.07$152.07
- Tow Ready® - T-One Connector AssemblyStarting at: $25.18$25.18
- DefenderWorx® - Ford Expedition Style Hitch CoverStarting at: $66.72$66.72
| Posted by John | (Quincy, IL)
Fits very well, I'm happy with the look. I have no complaints.
Eddie Bauer • XLT • NBX • XLS • XLT Sport • Limited • King Ranch • EL Eddie Bauer • EL Limited • EL XLT • Max Eddie Bauer • Max Limited • EL King Ranch • Funkmaster Flex Edition • Max King Ranch • EL XL • Max XL • XL • EL Platinum • Platinum