Ford Expedition Hitch Covers
If you have purchased a Ford Expedition trailer hitch, you will need to know what size it is in order to purchase the right size of accessories for it. This is an easy task that can be accomplished with a tape measure. You will need to measure how wide the hole is - they are usually 1 ¼ inches by 1 ¼ inches or 2 inches by 2 inches. Next you will need to find out which class the trailer hitch belongs to. If it is a Class I then the trailer weight maximum gross can be between 1,000 to 2,000 pounds with the tongue weight maximum being 100-250 pounds. With a Class II then the trailer weight maximum gross can be 2,000 to 3,500 pounds with the tongue weight maximum being 200-350 pounds.
Now say you have an opening that is 1 ¼ inches and you are trying to fit accessories in the hole that are also 1 ¼ inches but won’t fit. The reason for this is because each of the Ford Expedition trailer hitches have been designed bearing in mind the type of item it will be used for. For example if you have a Class I hitch, they will only work with the Class I hitch accessories. You therefore cannot insert a bike rack, for instance. It is actually pretty neat how the manufactures have made stoppers for the hitches. The stopper helps to keep everyone safe so they are not using the wrong accessories with it. Owing to this when a Class II accessory is used with a Class I hitch, the shank will only slide so far then stop. There will be no way to lock it in place since the pin hole will not match up. The good news is that no matter what size of Ford Expedition hitch or accessories is needed, they are available in plenty at CARiD.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 5 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- Eurosport Daytona® - Built Ford Tough Logo on Black Premium Hitch PlugStarting at: $59.95$59.95
- Bully® - Square Hitch Cover with Brake Light with Ford LogoStarting at: $18.65$18.65
- DWD® - Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $20.99$20.99
- Tekonsha® - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring AdapterStarting at: $10.45$10.45
- Tow Ready® - Brake Control Wiring AdapterStarting at: $12.38$12.38
- Hopkins® - Multi-Tow™ Towing Wiring KitStarting at: $29.56$29.56
- CURT® - Brake Control HarnessStarting at: $6.83$6.83
- Reese® - Class 3 Professional Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $185.75$185.75
- Hidden Hitch® - Class 3 / 4 Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $185.75$185.75
- Draw-Tite® - Class 3 Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $176.67$176.67
Posted by John B.
"Fits very well, I'm happy with the look. I have no complaints."
Posted by Snyder W.
"Love it! It looks very good on my car!"
Posted by Kevin W H.
"I bought this to connect the brake controller to my car. It fits my 2004 Expedition perfectly and took about 2 seconds to install. Great product."
Posted by James N.
"Excellent quality and easy to install."
Posted by Henry R.
"Excellent, well made, packaged well, no scratches. Good buy."