Your Expedition seems to do everything with very little effort so it’s the perfect vehicle for driving to work or taking off the paved roads and driving away from civilization. A vehicle with this versatility needs to be running at its best but there is only so much you can achieve by servicing it so we have a range of performance upgrades. Because we have many different types you can find the ones you need to get the performance that suits your life and driving style.
Ford Expedition air intakes are an important upgrade because your engine relies on air to run and aftermarket intakes allow it to get air at the right temperature. Because the colder air is more oxygenated your engine is able to work better with it so you see a number of improvements like more power and better fuel usage from a very simple upgrade. We have the right brands to give you the quality that your vehicle deserves and we have them at fantastic prices so that you get value for your money. Once you have an aftermarket intake you’ll wonder why it didn’t come standard with your vehicle!
- K&N® 57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit by K&N. This kit improves airflow into your engine. It includes a K&N air filter and a custom designed air intake tube. The K&N filter increases the airflow and the intake tube smoothes that...$55.99 - $837.99
- K&N® 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit by K&N. Increased airflow and air volume into your engine results in more horsepower and torque, and better acceleration you can feel. This air intake kit is designed to maximize airflow and engine...$56.99 - $854.99
- K&N® 77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit by K&N. This intake kit is designed for the larger engines typically found in trucks and SUVs. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free flowing K&N air filter and custom...$263.99 - $478.99
- K&N® Blackhawk Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake KitK&N Blackhawk Induction air intake systems are available for select gas trucks, diesel trucks and muscle cars. They feature a black powder coated metal intake tube with a welded K&N engraved plate. K&N Blackhawk air intakes come...$302.99 - $457.99
- Injen® Power-Flow Air Intake SystemPower-Flow Air Intake System by Injen.$224.20 - $410.97
- AEM® Brute Force Air Intake SystemBrute Force Air Intake System by AEM. These systems are designed for the larger engines typically found in trucks, SUVs and late model fuel-injected muscle cars. Extensive dyno-tuning allows these engines to develop even more torque...$165.99 - $483.99
- AEM® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by AEM. To deliver cooler air to the engine, this air intake system places the air filter outside the engine compartment. Cooler air is denser than warm air and so contains more oxygen, which results in better...$136.99 - $474.99
- AIRAID® Classic Air Intake System with SynthaFlow® Red Air FilterClassic Air Intake System with SynthaFlow Red Air Filter and Black Intake Tube by AIRAID. Replacement Filter #: 700-420. Use with Pre-Filter #: 799-420. Air Filter Color: Red. Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze & Non-woven Synthetic....$214.10 - $288.56
- AIRAID® Classic Air Intake System with SynthaMax® Air FilterClassic Air Intake System with SynthaMax Air Filter by AIRAID.$217.16 - $296.71
- AIRAID® Cold Air Dam Intake System with SynthaFlow® Air FilterCold Air Dam Intake System with SynthaFlow Air Filter by AIRAID.$75.90 - $611.90
- AIRAID® Jr. Intake KitJr. Intake Kit with SynthaFlow Air Filter and Intake Tube by AIRAID.$133.83 - $238.58
- AIRAID® Cold Air Dam Intake System with SynthaMax® Air FilterCold Air Dam Intake System with SynthaMax Air Filter by AIRAID.$79.46 - $639.91
- AIRAID® Jr. Intake Kit with SynthaMax® Air FilterJr. Intake Kit with SynthaMax Air Filter and Intake Tube by AIRAID.$140.66 - $246.74
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with any other...$169.15 - $378.25
- aFe® Stage 2 Cold Air Intake SystemStage 2 Cold Air Intake System by aFe. The aFe Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System replaces your entire factory air intake system with a large high-flow aFe air filter, open element airbox/heat shield and a smoothly contoured, less...$145.00 - $950.00
Guides & Articles
- Performance Air Intake SystemsCan an Air Intake System also Increase My Fuel Economy?We all know that achieving better fuel economy while driving puts money back in your pocket and does the environment a favor. But for those who are actively interested in squeezing the most out of every drop of gas, getting more miles per gallon can actually become a sport - especially if a vehicle has a manual transmission that can be upshifted earlier and put into neutral during downhill grades or when coasting to a stop sign.
- Performance Air Intake SystemsThe Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air FilterIn today's world, saving money wherever possible has become essential. But it's important not to lose sight of the fact that, sometimes, a product that costs more up front will save you more money over time. In our business, we've seen far too many consumers judge products solely on the basis of their initial cost, completely neglecting any long-term economy and benefits. When it comes to automobiles, "performance" air filters are a perfect example of this.
- Performance Air Intake SystemsMy Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My Air Intake System?Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are these so popular? After all, didn't engineers who work for your vehicle manufacturer spend years developing the best engine components available? Since power and fuel economy are major selling points these days, it's hard to imagine car companies not doing everything they can to maximize horsepower, miles per gallon, or both.
- Performance Air Intake SystemsWhat are the Different Types of Air Intake Systems?There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we'll examine the different types of air intakes, what they do, and look at a few specific product examples of each. But in short, performance air intake setups increase airflow into your engine - boosting combustion and creating more horsepower and torque that you can actually feel. Their relatively low cost and easy installation (bolt-on in most cases) keeps them in popular demand by car enthusiasts that own everything from 1.5-liter turbo motors to big block V8 engines.
- Replacement Air Intake PartsWhy Does My Car Have a Plastic Intake Manifold?An intake manifold is an integrated assembly that sits atop the engine, consisting of a series of tubes which distribute fresh outside air to each and every cylinder. On V-shaped engine blocks, an intake manifold typically sits between the two cylinder banks while inline engines may feature a manifold to the side of the cylinder head. Intake manifolds serve as a mounting point for carburetors, throttle body assemblies, fuel injectors, thermostats, and more depending on vehicle manufacturer engineering preferences. Intake manifolds may also serve to route coolant through dedicated channels in order to remove heat from the engine. Because of their location and functionality, intake manifold assemblies are under constant stress from engine vacuum pressure as well as direct heat from coolant, cylinder combustion gasses, and the cylinder heads to which they are mounted.
- Centric® Premium Brake Master Cylinder$51.30 - $67.64
- Comp Cams® Xtreme Energy™ Engine Camshaft$628.63 - $790.54
Ford Expedition Performance Air Intake Systems Reviews
2001 Ford Expedition