The ignition system is designed to create a spark that will ignite the fuel/air mixture in the engine's cylinder. It must create a spark strong enough to burn the air/fuel mixture for easy engine starting and optimum fuel mileage as well as control the timing of the spark so it occurs at the exact right time. The performance ignition system creates a more powerful spark which ensures complete combustion, thus boosting the engine's horsepower. Upgrade the ignition system of your vehicle to get full combustion and maximum horsepower from your Buick Skyhawk.
In our store we offer performance ignition systems for your Buick Skyhawk to get the most out of your engine. We cooperate with globally renowned manufacturers such as Karlyn STI, Accel, SMD, and more providing second-to-none ignition controllers, direct ignition coils, spark plugs, and other products at attractive prices. We guarantee the finest quality and reliability of all products, and performance ignition parts are no exception. Check out our online catalog and select appropriate performance parts for your Buick Skyhawk. Enjoy our user-friendly navigation and find everything you need within a few seconds. You can easily place an order right from your home or office.
- E3® Spark PlugSpark Plug by E3®. For a more efficient and complete burn, go with the super sturdy plugs by E3. The advanced DiamondFire plug features a diamond-shaped electrode that ensures rapid and complete combustion, enabling power output...$5.95 - $9.99
- Pulstar® PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse PlugPlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug by Pulstar®. PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug provides great fuel efficiency as well as better performance. Moreover this part will give you better throttle response and...$14.95 - $179.40
- Bosch® Platinum Spark PlugPlatinum Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Only Bosch uses a platinum center electrode that’s heat-fused into a ceramic insulator. All Bosch Platinum Series Spark Plugs reach self-cleaning temperature faster for quicker starts, smoother...$3.11 - $33.71
- Bosch® OE Fine Wire Spark PlugOE Fine Wire Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch introduces the new OE Fine Wire Spark Plug family, which consists of Iridium, Double Platinum and Platinum plugs. Built around OE technology, these new lines have an original...$4.00 - $36.32
- Bosch® Platinum Ir Fusion™ Spark PlugPlatinum Ir Fusion™ Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 4. If you want the best for your engine, try Platinum Ir Fusion spark plugs. Their fused iridium and platinum center electrode with exclusive surface air gap firing technology...$8.54 - $9.63
- Bosch® Super Plus Spark PlugSuper Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch Super Plus delivers outstanding durability and reliability you want for your vehicle. Its tapered, v-profile ground electrode makes for better starting in cold weather and improved...$2.14 - $13.95
- Accel® DIS Super CoilDIS Super Coil by Accel®. Accel DIS ignition coils feature high dielectric strength "ACCEL Yellow" over molded housing, advanced bobbin technology, specialized magnetic steel core and optimum windings for higher energy and voltage...$48.10 - $70.30
- Accel® Distributor Control ModuleDistributor Control Module by Accel®. This high performance ignition module provides your plugs with more spark over the stock module. The solid state electronics provide high coil out put and superior reliability. The Dwell...$48.13 - $87.02
- Accel® Distributor Cap and Rotor KitDistributor Cap and Rotor Kit by Accel®. Accel cap and rotor kits offer superior protection from "arc-thru" and crossfire. Features 60k V-rated alkyd compound, stress-relieved at molding to ensure stability. Brass inserts and steel...$27.70 - $88.16
- MSD® Ignition CoilIgnition Coil by MSD®. MSD is excited to introduce several new coils to the Street Fire line. These coils mount directly in place of factory style versions and accept the OEM connectors as well. Performance output is improved...$29.95 - $668.88
- Accel® Super Coil KitSuper Coil Kit by Accel®. Accel Super Coils feature advanced bobbin technology, highly specialized silicone magnetic steel cores, along with optimized winding, resistance and turns ratios to deliver 10-15 percent more energy than...$36.03 - $487.59
- MSD® Ignition Control ModuleIgnition Control Module by MSD®. The 6LS and 6LS-2 Ignition Controllers can now be installed on EFI or carburetor equipped engines. While it may seem blasphemous to some, putting a carburetor on a GM Gen-III V-8 is a great option...$349.95 - $611.95
- Karlyn STI® Spark Plug Wire SetSpark Plug Wire Set by Karlyn STI®. The purpose of good wire insulation is to protect the cable from voltage leaks. The single most important factor for rating insulation performance is the type of material used and not the...$9.06 - $493.23
- Accel® Remote Mount Super CoilRemote Mount Super Coil by Accel®. Accel Super Coils feature advanced bobbin technology, highly specialized silicone magnetic steel cores, along with optimized winding, resistance and turns ratios to delivery 10-15 percent more...$55.86 - $56.83
- MSD® Ignition Coil Interface ModuleIgnition Coil Interface Module by MSD®. This module goes between the factory GM ignition module and coils. It has color coded wires that connect to the DIS wiring and are molded using Dupont Rynite for its high dielectric...$44.95
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsThe Benefits of a Performance Ignition DistributorSince their inception at the start of the 20th century, motor vehicles with gasoline burning engines have needed a precise way to deliver an electrical spark to each of the engine's cylinders. (Note that diesel engines do not rely on an electrical spark to ignite the fuel-air mixture.) For much of the past 100 years, the spark has been delivered by the ignition distributor. The distributor is always mechanically linked or timed to the engine's rotation so that the spark is sent at the exact moment it is needed.
- Performance PartsAuto Parts: Dealer vs. AftermarketThe question of whether to buy parts from an automotive dealer vs. ones from aftermarket manufacturers is as age-old as the automobile itself. Below, we'll take a look at things worth considering to help you make a better choice if you're facing that same question. Automobile manufacturers and dealerships always advertise the fact that their parts are "genuine" because they were made by the exact same production facility that made the parts installed on the assembly line.
- Performance PartsPerforming a Basic Engine Tune UpThis article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction because not all running/performance issues will be solved via a simple tune up.
- Performance PartsUnderstanding The Different Types Of Spark PlugsSince the dawn of the automobile, spark plugs have been an integral part of gasoline engines because they conduct the electrical energy from a vehicle’s ignition system needed to finalize the combustion process. After the gas/air mixture has been fully compressed inside the cylinder head, spark plugs serve a miniature bolt of lightning to create an explosion which pushes a piston downward.
- COMP Cams® Timing Set$27.88 - $57.08
- Related Buick Skyhawk Pages
- Buick Skyhawk Models
- Skyhawk Base Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk Custom Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk Designers' Accent Edition Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk Limited Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk Road Hawk Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk S Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk SE Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk Sport Performance Ignition Systems
- Skyhawk T-Type Performance Ignition Systems