Autolite is known as the manufacturer of America's best-selling spark plug. The company has been the innovation leader creating the highest quality ignition products for a wide variety of engines since 1936. Today it keeps enhancing spark plug technology for longer life and better performance. The company's line of products includes premium quality and exceptionally durable spark plugs for automotive, power sports, lawn, and garden applications.
The history of the company began in 1911 when two small companies started manufacturing buggy lamps. By the 1930s, the company became a thriving automotive parts manufacturer. In 1935, Royce G. Martin, President of the Electric Autolite Company, equipped and staffed a lab to develop a spark plug. Robert Twells, a ceramic engineer, led the project constantly researching ceramic insulator technology.
It only took a few months before the Electric Autolite Company had a spark plug available for distribution. In 1936, the first Autolite spark plug was introduced to the market and had instant success as a reliable and durable product. As a result, the company began to supply spark plugs and other ignition parts to well-known automotive leaders such as Chrysler, Studebaker, Packard and Willys, etc.
Autolite developed and manufactured many innovative products that set new standards in the spark plug industry. The innovations of the company include but are not limited to Power Tip Spark Plug, Platinum Spark Plug for Ford O.E., Suppressor Spark Plug, and High Thread Spark Plug for Ford Triton Engine with 3 valve design (released O.E. in 2004). Thanks to its strong devotion to perfection, Autolite became a NASCAR Performance Partner.
| Posted by Dennis | (Mesa, AZ)
I replaced the original equipment NGK iridium plugs in my 2002 Acura RSX with Autolite iridium ones and noticed no drop off in performance. After 46,000 miles with these plugs, the car runs great and my gas mileage is as good as ever. The Autolite plugs cost less than the NGK plugs.
- Popular Autolite Part Numbers
- Autolite® XP3923 - Iridium XP Enhanced Alloy™ Spark Plug
- Autolite® HT15 - Revolution HT™ High Thread Spark Plug
- Autolite® AP3923 - Platinum Spark Plug
- Autolite® XP3924 - Iridium XP Enhanced Alloy™ Spark Plug
- Autolite® AP3924 - Platinum Spark Plug
- Autolite® XP985 - Iridium XP Enhanced Alloy™ Spark Plug
- Autolite® XP5364 - Iridium XP Enhanced Alloy™ Spark Plug
- Autolite® XP104 - Iridium XP Enhanced Alloy™ Spark Plug
- Autolite® XP5245 - Iridium XP Enhanced Alloy™ Spark Plug
- Autolite® APP3924 - Double Platinum Spark Plug