The Buick Skyhawk is a stylish and recognizable car, which doesn't look outdated despite its age. But still it needs special care to remain in a good shape. At CARiD.com we have created a rich collection of parts for this prominent sports car. Here you will quickly find everything you need to enhance appearance of your car, make it look more stylish and increase the comfort of driving. But more importantly, we offer a selection of parts designed to improve performance of your ride. In this part of our online store you will find a set of excellent aftermarket air intakes.
These parts are used by auto enthusiasts to unleash the potential of an engine. Any internal combustion engine needs oxygen to run. But very often OE air intake systems limit the airflow because they use inefficient filters and long, bended tubes. Besides, they suck the hot air from inside the engine compartment. Good aftermarket air intakes are designed to ensure greater airflow which helps to increase engine’s efficiency and also reduce fuel consumption. And if you are after really good Buick Skyhawk air intakes, CARiD.com is the best place for shopping!
- AEM® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by AEM. To deliver cooler air to the engine, this air intake system places the air filter outside the engine compartment. Cooler air is denser than warm air and so contains more oxygen, which results in better...$31.99 - $474.99
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with any other...$169.15 - $378.25
- K&N® E Series Round Air FilterE Series Air Filter by K&N. K&N E Series round automotive air filters are designed to replace your restricted factory air filter for additional horsepower and performance. These filters are washable, reusable and last up to 50,000...$29.99 - $363.99
- K&N® Air FilterK&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are...$29.99 - $363.99
- Airaid® Air FilterAir Filter by Airaid. Advanced air filtration technology, superior construction and the world's best warranty make an AIRAID air filter the best you can buy. It allows increased airflow and provides better air filtration than the...$20.30 - $187.58
- GREEN FILTER® Factory Replacement Air FilterFactory Replacement Air Filter by Green Filter. Replace your factory air cleaner filter element with a Green Filter oiled-cotton filter and never buy another filter as long as you own your vehicle. Enjoy superior flow and finer...$25.55 - $115.31
- Rugged Ridge® Air FilterAir Filter by Rugged Ridge. Get increased airflow, better filtration and reduced maintenance with this high performance synthetic air filter. The increased airflow will improve engine performance, while the upgraded filtration...$26.99 - $36.99
- Spectre Performance® Intake Manifold Bolts KitIntake Manifold Bolts Kit by Spectre Performance. Dress up your existing intake manifold or ease installation of a new manifold with intake manifold bolts. They're made from rugged steel and plated for corrosion resistance, perfect...$4.68 - $14.94
- ARP® Intake Manifold Bolt KitIntake Manifold Bolt Kit by ARP. Prevent intake manifold leaks with ARPs quality fasteners. Theyre nominally rated at 180,000 psi and precision machined for optimum thread engagement. Wide underhead flange and companion washers...$26.48 - $139.89
- Denso® Air FilterAir Filter by Denso. If you have a dirty air filter, clogged PCV valve, or defective MAF sensor you may be tempted to just run down to the local auto parts chain store for a replacement, but before you waste your time and gas, check...$5.64 - $30.66
- FRAM® Extra Guard Air FilterExtra Guard Air Filter by FRAM. Most dirt and dust enters the engine through the air filter and FRAM Extra Guard is engineered to provide twice the air filtration compared to an original filter. It also keeps the engine cleaner for...$6.16 - $379.57
- FRAM® Tough Guard Air FilterTough Guard Air Filter by FRAM. This premium air filter is engineered to meet extreme driving conditions. It features a pre-oiled filter media for increased dirt holding capacity and a heavier filter screen to provide better...$10.57 - $29.66
- Hastings® Air FilterAir Filter by Hastings. Clean air is critical to the performance of your engine, so dont trust just any filter. Hastings filters are tested according to SAE J726 test procedures, where they meet or exceed the exacting requirements...$7.28 - $65.12
- NPN® Air FilterAir Filter by NPN. If you have a dirty air filter, clogged PCV valve, or defective MAF sensor you may be tempted to just run down to the local auto parts chain store for a replacement, but before you waste your time and gas, check...$3.37 - $66.06
- WIX® Air FilterAir Filter by WIX. Considering as much as 10,000 gallons of air must pass through the air filter for every gallon of fuel the engine consumes, WIX air filters play a vital part in preventing foreign particles like soot, carbon and...$7.30 - $185.89
Guides & Articles
- Performance Air Intake SystemsCan an Air Intake System also Increase My Fuel Economy?We all know that achieving better fuel economy while driving puts money back in your pocket and does the environment a favor. But for those who are actively interested in squeezing the most out of every drop of gas, getting more miles per gallon can actually become a sport - especially if a vehicle has a manual transmission that can be upshifted earlier and put into neutral during downhill grades or when coasting to a stop sign.
- Performance Air Intake SystemsThe Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air FilterIn today's world, saving money wherever possible has become essential. But it's important not to lose sight of the fact that, sometimes, a product that costs more up front will save you more money over time. In our business, we've seen far too many consumers judge products solely on the basis of their initial cost, completely neglecting any long-term economy and benefits. When it comes to automobiles, "performance" air filters are a perfect example of this.
- Performance Air Intake SystemsMy Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My Air Intake System?Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are these so popular? After all, didn't engineers who work for your vehicle manufacturer spend years developing the best engine components available? Since power and fuel economy are major selling points these days, it's hard to imagine car companies not doing everything they can to maximize horsepower, miles per gallon, or both.
- Performance Air Intake SystemsWhat are the Different Types of Air Intake Systems?There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we'll examine the different types of air intakes, what they do, and look at a few specific product examples of each. But in short, performance air intake setups increase airflow into your engine - boosting combustion and creating more horsepower and torque that you can actually feel. Their relatively low cost and easy installation (bolt-on in most cases) keeps them in popular demand by car enthusiasts that own everything from 1.5-liter turbo motors to big block V8 engines.
- Replacement Air Intake PartsWhy Does My Car Have a Plastic Intake Manifold?An intake manifold is an integrated assembly that sits atop the engine, consisting of a series of tubes which distribute fresh outside air to each and every cylinder. On V-shaped engine blocks, an intake manifold typically sits between the two cylinder banks while inline engines may feature a manifold to the side of the cylinder head. Intake manifolds serve as a mounting point for carburetors, throttle body assemblies, fuel injectors, thermostats, and more depending on vehicle manufacturer engineering preferences. Intake manifolds may also serve to route coolant through dedicated channels in order to remove heat from the engine. Because of their location and functionality, intake manifold assemblies are under constant stress from engine vacuum pressure as well as direct heat from coolant, cylinder combustion gasses, and the cylinder heads to which they are mounted.