Ultimate Reflector™ Custom Folding Auto Shade (EG-03-R) by Intro-Tech®. Color: Silver. 1 Piece. This unique custom-fit thermal shade provides protection against heat and damaging UV rays at the same time. The multi-layered construction can reduce daytime interior temperatures 40°F or more. Folds up flat for easy storage in its leatherette pouch.
- Ultimate Reflector™ Custom Folding Auto Shade does not cover the entire glass area on some vehicles. Windshield pillar post size and angle, rearview mirror shape and size, and additional sensors can prevent some Sunscreens from providing total blackout coverage.
- Return to a cooler parked vehicle, including steering wheel, gearshift and seats
- Reflective mylar and multi-layered heat barrier materials reduce heat buildup by 40°F or more
- When reversed, acts like a thermal blanket. The graphite protective felt, makes it reversible for winter use
- Fits the inside of your specific vehicle's windshield
- Prevents cracked and fading dashboards
- Unfolds and installs in seconds
- Stores in its own leatherette storage bag
- Finished with a non-abrasive velour binding
- Lifetime Warranty
Don't let UV rays and extreme heat degrade your vinyl dashboard and interior. And that goes double if you have leather seats. The damaging effect of solar radiation is two-fold: the UV radiation will attack the plastic and leather directly. Solar heating can raise the interior temperature of a parked vehicle to nearly 180°F, hot enough to burn your hands on the metal seatbelt buckle or steering wheel. Needless to say, that kind of heat can't be good for soft vinyl or leather. It will bake the volatile plasticizers and oils right out of them. They'll turn hard, and eventually crack and split.
Most cars have tinted windows, and you can add tinting to the side and back windows, but federal law (and common sense, we hope) prohibits the windshield from being tinted enough to really keep out the sun. The best way, if you can't park inside all day every day, is a shade to reflect the UV back and to insulate the interior from the heat. The Ultimate Reflector starts with a highly reflective layer of aluminized Mylar, which can reflect both short-wave ultra-violet and long-wave infrared radiation. It's backed up with a unique air-cushion heat barrier layer, and then a 1/4" thick thermal foam board for additional insulation and rigidity. The back of the reflector is then finished off with a fiber layer for strength, and then the final layer of graphite-colored protective felt. The Intro-Tech Automotive Custom Folding Auto Shade is available in a custom-fit for your vehicle there are 2,600 patterns in their computer-based cutting machine.
You can expect the temperature of your interior to remain as much as 40°F or more cooler when the Ultimate Reflector is used. Bonus: Keep your car warmer when parked in winter by reversing the reflector, and installing it felt-side out. It takes only a few seconds to unfold the Reflector and install it on the dash, and just as long to fold it up and put it back in the included leatherette pouch.
Intro-Tech® is based in sunny Southern California, and has been in business since 1991. Their product line includes floor mats, car covers, car sunshades, winter windscreen shields and the innovative PitStop Furniture line of race-inspired furniture. They manufacture all of their products themselves in their Chino facility, using the latest in Computer Aided Design and cutting technology. Because they use only the finest materials to produce their products, they are able to offer a lifetime warranty on everything they sell.