Universal Class 5 5" Drop Carbide Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (15901) by CURT®. 15000 lbs GTW / 1500 lbs TW. Features an adjustable design. Uses pre-existing vehicle hardware for installation. These receiver hitches are custom designed specifically for your vehicle and are perfect for those who need to transfer heavier trailers or loads. Robotic welding improves fit and maximizes strength, while durable, gloss powder coat finish provides excellent corrosion resistance.
- Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities. Do Not exceed vehicle manufacturer's recommended towing capacity
- Adjustable side plates come detached from the main body of the hitch and must be welded on
|Gross Trailer Weight(GTW): 15000 lbs|
|Tongue Weight(TW): 1500 lbs|
|Receiver Tube Size: 2"|
|Width (max): 43"|
|Width (min): 18"|
|Finish: Carbide Black Powder Coat|
- Adjustable frame fits a variety of vehicles (side plates do not come pre-welded)
- Fits a max frame width of 43" and a minimum of 18"
- Rated as a class 5 hitch
- Great for use with utility boxes
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Made in USA
A CURT weld-on trailer hitch is a unique towing option for your vehicle. As the name suggests, a weld-on hitch is designed to be welded directly onto the frame, using its thick side plates. While the installation of a weld-on hitch is far different from that of CURT custom hitches, weld-on hitches offer a high weight carrying capacity and a reliable towing solution when installed properly. They also come in a three-piece design: a main body and two attachable side plates that allow the hitch to fit multiple vehicle frames. Having a weight rating comparable to a class 5 trailer hitch, weld-on hitches work well on 1/2-ton, 3/4-ton and 1-ton pickup trucks and SUVs, and they are excellent for towing a variety of heavy-duty trailers, such as toy haulers, dump trailers, logging trailers, gravity boxes and small yacht trailers. This particular weld-on hitch features a gross trailer weight capacity of 15,000 lbs., a tongue weight rating of 1,500 lbs. and a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening. It comes with a scratch-resistant and rust-resistant black carbide powder coat and requires no hardware for installation. It is able to fit a frame between 18" and 43" wide.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".