Chevy Express 2008, OnStar Satellite and Chime Retention Interface by Axxess®. If your vehicle has OnStar, you can still install an aftermarket stereo and retain OnStar's safety and convenience functionality by using an Axxess OnStar retention Interface.
- Provides accessory power (12-volt 10-amp)
- Retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power)
- Can be used in non-amplified or analog/digital amplified models
- Retains chimes
- Provides NAV outputs (parking brake – reverse – mute – speed sense)
- Pre-wired ASWC-1 harness included (ASWC-1 sold separately)
- Retains OnStar/OE Bluetooth
- Adjustable volume for chimes and OnStar
- High level speaker input
- USB updatable
- Retains factory backup camera – satellite radio – and AUX-IN
- Satellite information will be displayed through the D.I.C.
This interface is designed to allow the user to replace the OEM radio with an aftermarket unit in amplified or non-amplified GM vehicles and retain full functionality of the OnStar system as well as all safety and warning chimes. This interface has the capability of adjusting chime and OnStar volumes as well. The Interface may also retain the retained accessory power convenience features. Some Axxess interfaces may also have the required outputs for the installation of a navigation radio.
Axxess® Integrate, a subsidiary of mobile audio's one-stop-shopping conglomerate Metra, is at the very forefront of the mobile audio installer's field. Their cutting-edge interfaces make adding to or installing a car stereo, nav system, sat radio or auxiliary amplifier easy. With the complexity of modern vehicles, it's not a simple operation to install aftermarket electronics that will properly interface with the car's wiring, onboard computers and OEM infotainment system. Axxess has it figured out and dialed in.