1988 Ford Thunderbird Performance Parts
- JBA®Cat4ward Block Hugger Stainless Steel Short Tube Exhaust HeadersFord Thunderbird 5.0L 1988, Cat4ward Block Hugger Stainless Steel Short Tube Exhaust Headers by JBA®. Primary Tubing Diameter: 1.625". Collector Outlet Diameter: 2.5". Header Style: Short Tube. JBA shorty headers are one of the best...Mandrel-bent stainless steel primary tubesPatented JBA Firecone® collector$633.93 - $740.57
- EBC®Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Front Brake PadsFord Thunderbird 3.8L / 5.0L 1988, Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Front Brake Pads by EBC®. Redstuff ceramic brake pads have always been known for its low dust ability but the latest blend has greatly reduced the phenomenon of pad “Pick...$140.81
- Monroe®Monro-Matic Plus™ Driver or Passenger Side Shock Absorbers and StrutsFord Thunderbird 1988, Monro-Matic Plus™ Driver or Passenger Side Shock Absorbers and Struts by Monroe®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Nitrogen gas charged Monro-Matic Plus shocks and struts feature VPV (velocity proportional valving) and...$16.20 - $37.75
- Weiand®Air Ram Series Intake ManifoldFord Thunderbird 5.0L 1988, Air Ram Series Intake Manifold by Weiand®. Designed for the 5.0L Ford and LS series families, this intake pick up where the factory left off. Engineered to build horsepower and torque through optimized plenum...Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last$181.95 - $238.95
- Banks®PowerPack™ Turbocharger SystemUniversal PowerPack™ Turbocharger System by Banks®. The Banks Power Dual Exhaust PowerPack System is the complete towing package your pickup truck, with extended cab short bed configuration, deserves.Stunning Top GainsImproved Mileage$2,198.00 - $2,798.00
- JET®Performance ModuleFord Thunderbird 1988, Performance Module by JET®. To solve the problem JET developed a plug in module that attaches to the vehicle computer externally that can add up to 30 horsepower. The JET Module optimizes the ignition spark...Provide Performance Gains Up To 30 Horse PowerEasily Installed In Less Than 30 Minutes$250.46
- Weiand®177 Blower™ Supercharger KitFord Thunderbird 5.0L 1988, 177 Blower™ Supercharger Kit by Weiand®. Weiand Pro-Street superchargers represent a significant leap in technology for obtaining substantial performance gains, while maintaining drive ability and reliability.Low ProfileOffset Ford Nose Style$2,991.95 - $3,396.95
- Mr. Gasket®Thermocap™ Radiator CapFord Thunderbird 1988, Thermocap™ Radiator Cap by Mr. Gasket®. Pressure: 16 lbs. Material: Aluminum. Knowing your coolant temperature can help to prevent burn injuries. Thermo Cap, with its built-in calibrated thermometer, indicates...Indicates Coolant TemperatureHelps to Prevent Injuries from coolant or steam burns+1$33.21 - $38.43
- SPEC®Stage 1 Clutch KitFord Thunderbird Turbo Standard Transmission 1988, Stage 1 Clutch Kit by SPEC®. Does not Include: Flywheel. Clutch Torque Rating: 255 ft/lbs. Features an integrally molded carbon and high performance organic lining that offers smooth...High clamp pressure plateSteel-backed and multi-compound woven organic material$296.10
- Accel®Stock Replacement Fuel InjectorsFord Thunderbird 1988, Stock Replacement Fuel Injectors by Accel®. Provides precise control of fuel delivery and atomization for increased power, improved throttle response, and better fuel economy.All-new units, not modified stock units or remanufactured from used coresNew low-mass disc design ensures accurate metering control even at ultra-low and high duty cycles$269.95 - $375.95
- MSD®Blaster™ Direct Ignition CoilFord Thunderbird Base / LX / Sport / Turbo 1988, Blaster™ Direct Ignition Coil by MSD®. High Performance. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MSD features premium quality and will perform better than advertised....Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$51.54
- Baer®Front Tracker Tie Rod EndFord Thunderbird 2.3L 1988, Front Tracker Tie Rod End by Baer®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Suspension Components. Baer Front Tracker Tie Rod End pieces are designed to restore steering and ride stability that may be lost during ride height...End joints allow more articulation between tie rods and steering armsReduce side-to-side jumpiness of front wheels that can result after suspension ride height is altered$189.00
- Tuff Stuff Performance®Full Size OEM Style StarterFord Thunderbird 5.0L 1988, Full Size OEM Style Starter by Tuff Stuff Performance®. Mounting: 2 Bolt Mount. Finish: Black.Offset MountHeat Treated Shaft$133.81
- Yukon Gear & Axle®Rear Axle Shaft KitFord Thunderbird 1988, Rear Axle Shaft Kit by Yukon Gear & Axle®. Yukon Gear and Axle offers an extensive line of general replacement and high performance axles for passenger car, truck and SUV applications. High quality alloys and the...Enables you to keep your engine in the powerband for more giddy-up and high speedAllows for getting superior traction on just about any brutal terrain$174.53 - $395.91
- Sparco®Club X-1 Full Face ATM (Advance Thermo Material) Racing HelmetClub X-1 Full Face ATM (Advance Thermo Material) Racing Helmet by Sparco®. Certification: ECE 05; Material: ATM (Advance Thermo Material) Designed for indoor kart racing where a fire proof helmet isn't required, this product is...Designed for indoor kart racingProvides ultimate protection$140.00
- Hedman Hedders®Standard Duty Mild Steel Long Tube Racing Exhaust HeadersFord Thunderbird Base 5.0L with Air Conditioning without Smog Injection or Injection Heads with Power Steering with Automatic Transmission Column Shifter / with Automatic Transmission Floor Shifter 1988, Standard Duty Mild Steel Long...Made from High Quality MaterialsBuilt to Last$244.66 - $515.31
- EBC®Stage 5 Super Street Dimpled and Slotted Front Brake KitFord Thunderbird 3.8L / 5.0L 1988, Stage 5 Super Street Dimpled and Slotted Front Brake Kit by EBC®. The EBC Stage 5 SuperStreet Brake Kit is designed for those looking for heavy-duty high gripping pads and rotors. Thanks to the 4000...$372.03
- AFCO®Driver or Passenger Side Strut and Shock AbsorberFord Thunderbird 1988, Driver or Passenger Side Strut and Shock Absorber by AFCO®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect...$99.99 - $239.99
- K&N®33 Series Panel Red Air FilterFord Thunderbird 3.8L / 5.0L 1988, 33 Series Panel Red Air Filter by K&N®. K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. K&N makes over 1,200 different...Designed to boost horsepower and rate of accelerationCan be cleaned and used again$63.99
- Auto Meter®User Configurable LCD Dash DisplayUniversal User Configurable LCD Dash Display by Auto Meter®. Designed specifically for the harshest of environments, the carbon composite housing is IP65 sealed against water and dust intrusion and will easily withstand 20g of...7.0” TFT LCD panel, 1000 nit brightness for unmatched daytime and nighttime visibility with 800x480 resolution. Onboard photo sensor for automatic brightness controlDimensions - 8.3" Wide x 5.2" High x 1.4" Deep$2,832.00
- Edelbrock®E-Street™ 170 Cylinder HeadsFord Thunderbird 5.0L With Ford Small Block Engine 1988, E-Street™ 170 Cylinder Heads by Edelbrock®.The modern combustion chamber design also improves the combustion process and the larger than stock intake and exhaust ports move more...Modern combustion chamber designImprove the engine's efficiency$774.60 - $975.50
- Flex-a-Lite®Direct Fit Dual Electric FanFord Thunderbird 2.3L 1988, Direct Fit Dual Electric Fan by Flex-a-Lite®. With Adjustable Thermostat Controller. Diameter: 11". Size: 25 1/2" x 12 3/8" x 3 3/4". Finish: Black. 10 Blades. Replace your old belt-driven fan with this...$384.07
- Centerforce®II Series Clutch Pressure PlateFord Thunderbird 2.3L Standard Transmission 1988, II Series Clutch Pressure Plate by Centerforce®. Disc Outer Diameter: 9". The Centerforce® II Clutch Series utilizes a full facing disc with premium friction materials and a pressure...Patented centrifugal weight design (where applicable)Patented ball bearing pressure plate (where applicable)$186.85
- Nitrous Express®Carbureted Nitrous Plate Wet SystemsFord Thunderbird 1988, Carbureted Nitrous Plate Wet Systems by Nitrous Express®. The conventional system is the perfect entry level nitrous system for the budget minded sportsman racer. These systems feature the most advanced technology...High quality at an affordable priceExpertly made from premium materials$567.72 - $1,325.04
- Autolite®Iridium Spark PlugsFord Thunderbird 1988, Iridium Spark Plugs by Autolite®. With Resistor. These spark plugs are one of the brand's most technologically advanced spark plugs ever. With an iridium-enhanced 0.6 mm finewire design and proprietary platinum...Iridium-enhanced center electrodePatented, platinum sidewire technology$6.86
- Proforged®Front Inner Straight Tie Rod EndFord Thunderbird 1988, Front Inner Straight Tie Rod End by Proforged®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Proforged® applied the same technological advancements in ball joint construction to their line of Tie Rod Ends and Rack Ends, delivering a...SAE1045 forged steeling housingsBall studs forged from ultra-strong SAE4140 chromoly steel$23.96
- Tuff Stuff Performance®Gear Reduction StarterFord Thunderbird 5.0L 1988, Gear Reduction Starter by Tuff Stuff Performance®. Tuff Stuff starters are hand made from premium quality new components - not remanufactured - and are quality built in USA. Most Gear Reduction style...Designed For High Horsepower And High Compression EnginesLighter And Smaller Than OE Starters$178.79 - $271.26
- Motive Gear®Pinion YokeFord Thunderbird Base / LX / Sport / Turbo with Ford 8.8" Series Axle with 10 Bolt Cover with 30 Spline with Models Built in Canada / with Models Built in United States 1988, Pinion Yoke by Motive Gear®. All Motive Gear products are...Motive Gear uses the highest quality standards of manufacturingFrom machining and finishing to heat treatment company demand the best$382.39
- RaceQuip®110 Series Single Layer Racing Suit110 Series Single Layer Racing Suit by RaceQuip®. Avaliable in Colors: Black, Blue, Red. Get superior durability and comfort combined with overall flame and heat protection. Strong construction and advanced sewing techniques make this...Ensures heat and fire protectionGentle fabric provides superior comfort$99.95 - $139.95
- Hedman Hedders®Standard Duty Mild Steel Mid-Length Tube Racing Exhaust HeadersFord Thunderbird Base 5.0L with Air Conditioning without Smog Injection or Injection Heads with Power Steering with Automatic Transmission Column Shifter / with Automatic Transmission Floor Shifter 1988, Standard Duty Mild Steel...Made of High Quality MaterialsBuilt to Last$219.47 - $488.97
CARiD is the ultimate source for premium-quality performance parts. With our extensive collection of performance upgrades, adding onto your vehicle's performance or improving its look is safe and easy. Boost the interior of your 1988 Ford Thunderbird with a set of racing seats, raise or lower your vehicle for an aggressive look, or add a set of high-performance brake rotors for superior braking. Unlock the hidden potential of your 1988 Ford Thunderbird that has been waiting to be released!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- November 30, 2018Replacement vs Performance Parts | Air FiltersModern internal combustion engines run on an air/fuel mixture that’s precisely balanced to achieve optimum levels of combustion. Among other things, that mixture...
- November 30, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Throttle Bodies...Your vehicle's air intake system ensures that all air flowing into the engine for combustion is properly cleaned of dirt, properly measured, and properly controlled....
- November 27, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Control Arms &...In this Part 2 of our suspension components guide (Part 1 was springs & shocks), we give an overview of the differences between "replacement" (OE factory style)...
- November 13, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Springs & ShocksIn this (Part 1 of 2) suspension components guide, we`ll clarify the differences between "replacement" (OE factory style) and "performance" (aftermarket) types of...
- October 30, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Brake Calipers &...In this (Part 2 of 2) guide series on repair vs performance brakes, we`ll clarify the differences between "replacement" (OE factory style) and "performance"...
- October 16, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Brake Pads & RotorsIn this guide (Part 1 of 2 on brakes), we`ll clarify the differences between "replacement" (OE factory style) and "performance" (aftermarket) brake pads and rotors....
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- May 02, 2018Glossary Of Engine External PartsInternal combustion engines are extremely complex and feature a wide array of components that rotate, pump, pressurize, or seal. Many of these components, while...
- May 12, 2017High-Torque Starters Ensure Your Engine Cranks...When you`ve taken a stock engine and built it up into a more powerful mill, upgrading the starter is a final step that`s commonly overlooked. When a new or rebuilt...
- April 03, 2017The Top 4 Reasons to Install a Performance...Sitting between your engine`s air filter housing and intake manifold, a throttle body assembly exists for the purpose of controlling how much air enters a...
- March 14, 2017The Top Three Reasons To Use A Performance...Differential covers play an important role in keeping your wheels turning. While allowing easy servicing of your differential fluid, they also create a sealed area...
- March 10, 2017Which Is The Best Custom Steering Wheel For My...Custom steering wheels look and feel right because, once upon a time, craftsmen realized wood, polished metal, and leather made the best and most satisfying steering...
- $181.95 - $238.95