Ford F-250 1974, Triflex Proportional Brake Control by CURT®. CARiD has everything you need to set up your car or truck to tow, starting with CURT hitches and accessories. Tow in comfort and safety with the proper gear, and make your life easier around the campsite or while traveling with CURT accessories.
- Compatible with low voltage or pulse width modulation (PWM) systems
- Tow vehicle ''low voltage'' and trailer disconnect indicators
- User-selectable power output and trailer brake light activation
- Auto sleep mode prevents battery drain after five minutes of idle time
- Nine levels of sensitivity adjustment for varying loads or driving conditions
- Mounts at various angles, above or below the dash, to increase usability
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Equipped with a quick plug for fast, easy installation
- Built-in dual-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Automatic leveling and calibration eliminate setup requirements
- Digital display shows power adjustments in 0.1 increments
- Third axis provides dynamic power adjustments when going up or down a hill
It takes a lot of power to stop a moving trailer, especially when that trailer is hauling a heavy load. On RVs, flatbeds, livestock trailers and many other oversize haulers, manufacturers typically install trailer brakes to assist the tow vehicle in bringing such a massive amount of weight to a halt. But it takes more than a good set of brakes to make quick, efficient stops. It takes precision and the right amount of control. Discovery™ is a time-based brake controller, meaning it applies increasing brake pressure the longer your foot is on the brake pedal. This pressure is based on the gain setting and sensitivity adjustment set by the user. Discovery™ has a digital display for easy monitoring and the ability to manage up to four axles at a time. It mounts at any angle, anywhere in your vehicle and comes with an automatic power level adjustment feature to ensure you can stay better focused on your driving and spend less time worry about your trailer brakes. It is also compatible with anti-lock brakes, cruise control and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. All CURT brake controls are designed to work with quick plugs so that they can readily plug into your vehicle's original equipment socket. They also include a mounting bracket and hardware for easy installation. A brake controller should be mounted somewhere on the dash of your vehicle, and we recommend putting it below the steering wheel, either on the right or left side of the steering column. This way the control will not block your view when driving, but it will remain accessible and visible when adjustment is needed.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".