Mercedes 230S / 250S / 250SE / 280S / 280SE / 280SEL / 300SEL / 600 1968, TriFlex™ Proportional Brake Control by CURT®. Compatible with anti-lock brakes and cruise control, operates 2-8 brakes, automatic leveling and calibration. Automatically adjusts brake output when going up or down a hill, sensitivity adjustment for varying trailer loads or driving conditions. Mounting hardware included. Inertia-based brake control with mounting hardware Curt Inc. has everything you need to set up your car or truck to tow, starting with CURT hitches and accessories. Tow in comfort and safety with the proper gear, and make your life easier around the campsite or while traveling with CURT accessories.
Notes: Includes mounting hardware.
|Activation: Inertia accelerometer|
|Mount Angles: Various|
|Level Adjust: Auto|
|Warranty: Limited lifetime|
- Compatible with low voltage or pulse width modulation (PWM) systems
- Tow vehicle ''low voltage'' and trailer disconnect indicators
- User-selectable power output and trailer brake light activation
- Auto sleep mode prevents battery drain after five minutes of idle time
- Nine levels of sensitivity adjustment for varying loads or driving conditions
- Mounts at various angles, above or below the dash, to increase usability
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Equipped with a quick plug for fast, easy installation
- Built-in dual-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Automatic leveling and calibration eliminate setup requirements
- Digital display shows power adjustments in 0.1 increments
- Third axis provides dynamic power adjustments when going up or down a hill
- (10) Gauge duplex wire
- (10) Gauge cross-linked wire
- 30-amp circuit breaker
- Ring terminals
- Butt connectors and cable ties
It takes a lot of power to stop a moving trailer, especially when that trailer is hauling a heavy load. On RVs, flatbeds, livestock trailers and many other oversize haulers, manufacturers typically install trailer brakes to assist the tow vehicle in bringing such a massive amount of weight to a halt. But it takes more than a good set of brakes to make quick, efficient stops. It takes precision and the right amount of control.
The crown jewel of CURT''s brake control lineup is the TriFlex™. This proportion-based brake control features a compact size, a digital display and the ability to manage up to eight brakes at a time. The feature that sets the TriFlex™ apart from all others is its triple-axis motion-sensing accelerometer. This integrated circuit component allows the TriFlex™ to detect every motion of your vehicle and trailer with exact precision and to then apply the perfect amount of braking power for every situation. The TriFlex™ also automatically adjusts brake output when going up or down a hill and is compatible with anti-lock brakes and cruise control. It comes with a mounting bracket and hardware and can be mounted at various angles on your vehicle''s dash. Best of all, like other CURT brake controls, the TriFlex™ is protected by a limited lifetime warranty.
All CURT brake controls are designed to work with quick plugs so that they can readily plug into your vehicle''s original equipment socket. They also include a mounting bracket and hardware for easy installation. A brake controller should be mounted somewhere on the dash of your vehicle, and we recommend putting it below the steering wheel, either on the right or left side of the steering column. This way the control will not block your view when driving, but it will remain accessible and visible when adjustment is needed.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".