Chevy 3600 6' Bed / 6.5' Bed / 8' Bed 1955-1958, HARDware Series Standard Single Lid Utility Chest Tool Box by Dee Zee®. Material: Steel. For those that need a larger volume of lockable storage, this single lid utility chest mounts on the front of your bed floor. 20-gauge steel construction is protected with powder coat finish to guard against chips and scratches. It’s equipped with stainless steel handles and locks, and includes a concealed full-length hinge, dampened gas shocks, adjustable lid tightness, removable storage tray, self-adjusting latches, and airtight sealing.
- HARDware series reflects 20-gauge traditional steel construction
- Designed for heavy-duty commercial use with rigid steel that is highly resistant to dents from heavy objects that may shift position in bed
- Smooth surface steel is protected with a durable black powder coat layer to guard against chips, scratches, and corrosion
- Box is designed mount in the front of the pickup bed on the floor
- A full-length hinge prevents uneven opening and is concealed to prevent contact or jamming against items inside tool box
- Gas shocks allow lid to glide open or closed smoothly
- Removable plastic tray keeps smaller items organized
- Self-adjusting latches allow the toolbox lid to click in place tightly with the dampened feel and security of a well-made bank door
- Rubber gasket seals keep moisture and the elements out
- Lid strikers can be adjusted to customize the tightness of rubber gasket compression when the lid is shut
- 3-year warranty on steel, 1-year warranty on outer finish
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
With an easy-to-use release handle, the HARDware Series Utility Chest tool boxes mirror Dee Zee’s Blue Label commercial grade aluminum versions, but substitute 20-gauge powder coated traditional steel to offer value for the customer that needs a lockable box without the greater cost of heavy-duty aluminum construction. And like all Dee Zee boxes, they eliminate the headache of hinges that bind when lids are pulled from one side. Instead of two separate ones, an integrated hinge spans the entire width of the lid. Not only does it allow the lid to open evenly, gas struts on both sides allow it to glide up with dampened, jewel-like smoothness. So when you want the lid open, it stays open without falling on your fingers. And when you want the lid shut, it stays shut without loosening because you can adjust the level of tightness it maintains. Your tool box will remain sealed without allowing moisture and dust to creep in. For added storage convenience, a removable plastic tray keeps small items secure in sectioned areas.
For added convenience, a removable plastic tray keeps small items secure in sectioned areas. Because Dee Zee believes a tool box that’s corrosion-free and strong enough to remain functional for a long time should also continue to look good, aluminum surfaces are protected with a layer of powder coat to enhance style while preventing scratches, chips, and tarnishing. Dee Zee proudly manufactures HARDware Series Utility Chest Tool Boxes in the United States and backs them with a 3-year warranty on the aluminum construction against manufacturing defects and corrosion.
Since 1977, Iowa-based Dee Zee® has sought to create products and accessories for trucks and SUVs with class-leading levels of style, quality, and longevity. Their success and growth in the marketplace has always been fueled by listening to what customers want, then building the things competitors did not offer. Dee Zee believes being environmentally aware is extremely important and views efficient manufacturing to minimize pollution and waste as a corporate responsibility. That philosophy goes hand in hand with fundamental beliefs that a product which effectively resists corrosion represents a better value for the customer – giving it a longer useful lifespan instead of becoming more junk in a landfill. CARiD is proud to offer the Dee Zee product you’ve seen on this page as well as the company’s complete lineup of running boards, grille guards, tool boxes, bed protectors, mud flaps, liquid transfer tanks, cargo carriers, and much more.