TeraFlex Off-Road Accessories
TeraFlex was founded in 1996, because they perceived the need for high-quality components to support the burgeoning off-roading industry. And off-roading had been part of their professional experience since the fifties, when off-roading was the bailiwick of military-surplus Jeeps and highly modified pickup trucks. And when you come from Salt Lake City, off-roading is part of your blood. 4-wheeling mecca Moab is only a few hours away, so product development can proceed rapidly.
TeraFlex has a tremendous line of suspension components for Jeeps. Offroading makes tremendous demands on your vehicles’ suspension. The suspension has to keep the tires in contact with the ground, so you can steer, brake and accelerate. And that tire contact has to happen over the gnarliest trail, whether it’s loose gravel, mud, stumps or rocks the size of steamer trunks. That means relatively soft springs, lots of suspension travel and plenty of ground clearance. At the same time, those parts have to be sturdier and far more rugged than stock, and still suitable for driving on pavement to the trailhead. Virtually every part of the suspension is a candidate for upgrading for serious offroading, and TeraFlex is there for you.
- TeraFlex® - Lift Kit Starting at: $9.49 $9.49
- TeraFlex® - Pro LCG Lift Kit Starting at: $74.09 $74.09
- TeraFlex® - PreRunner Lift Kit Starting at: $163.39 $163.39
- TeraFlex® - Enduro LCG Lift Kit Starting at: $650.74 $650.74
- TeraFlex® - RockGuard Skid Plate Starting at: $15.19 $15.19
- TeraFlex® - RockGuard Basic Front Bumper Starting at: $427.49 $427.49
- TeraFlex® - RockGuard Epic Front Bumper Starting at: $875.89 $875.89
- TeraFlex® - RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper Starting at: $875.89 $875.89
- TeraFlex® - RockGuard Rock Sliders Starting at: $476.89 $476.89
- TeraFlex® - High Pinion Dana 60 Axle Assembly Starting at: $3,894.99 $3,894.99
- TeraFlex® - Rear Disc Brake Kit Starting at: $551.94 $551.94
- TeraFlex® - Brake Upgrade Kit Starting at: $652.64 $652.64
- TeraFlex® - Brake Pad Kit Starting at: $40.85 $40.85
- TeraFlex® - Rear Brake Rotor Starting at: $64.59 $64.59
- TeraFlex® - Brake Master Cylinder Starting at: $194.74 $194.74
- TeraFlex® - Throttle Hand Control Starting at: $36.09 $36.09
- TeraFlex® - Mud Flaps Starting at: $106.39 $106.39
- TeraFlex® - Antenna Mount Starting at: $23.74 $23.74
- TeraFlex® - Spare Tire Extension Starting at: $33.24 $33.24
- TeraFlex® - CV Style Driveshaft Starting at: $406.59 $406.59
Oh, yeah, lots of ground clearance. You’ll need to lift the suspension and maybe the body too. That will give you two advantages over stock. The first is clearance over those rocks and stumps, so you don’t wind up scraping over things or getting high-centered and helpless. That means lifting the suspension by several inches. That will mean you can run larger-diameter tires, which means in turn more ground clearance in addition to more grip and the ability to climb over bigger obstacles and drive over bigger potholes without dropping in.
A problem with lifting the truck more than an inch or two is that the suspension is engineered to work properly at the stock ride height. Lifting it means that the steering can bind. The axles aren’t designed for the extreme angles, and either cause vibration, binding or pop right out of the transmission or transfer case over bumps. TeraFlex has driveshafts that stay put. You’ll need longer shock absorbers to keep from topping out, some way to make the steering geometry back where it belongs, and even mundane things like longer brake hoses and extended electrical harness. TeraFlex, because it’s so integrated with the offroading scene, knows what works.
Okay, odds are that you will get high-centered, and scrape along some, so TeraFlex has rock rails, armor and skid plates, as well as strengthened and relocated suspension components that will still be functional at the end of a tough trail instead of stranding you.
For many of the same reasons, the transmission and drivetrain on your 4WD Jeep can probably use some upgrading. You’ll want to beef up the axles, U-joints and CV joints. If you’ve modified your engine for more power, you can strip the splines off a stock axle. Larger tires change your gearing, so look into TeraFlex’s solutions for changing to a lower gear ratio in your transfer case, upgraded axle shafts with more splines and stiffer flanges. To cap all that, there’s a host of accessories to make this all easier to install, to keep you on the trail and to make off-roading generally safer and more fun.
I ordered this HD Oil Pan Skid Plate and was amazed how easy it was to install. I take my 2004 TJ on the Rubicon and it has held up perfectly. I liked it so much I ordered the Tranny Skid Plate to go along with it ,I highly recomend this product.
Product arrived in great condition with no missing or damaged parts that would have been a serious problem at installation time. As for the product - great deal!!!
This is a nice, heavy and sturdy mount. It appears to work well. No need to sound the pretty powder coat off. Use a proper ground that you know makes an electrical bond between the vehicle metal chasis and the antenna. I love the way it works.
5 reviews with an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars