- (15)Complete SystemsFord Thunderbird
- (216)HeadersFord Thunderbird
- (174)Catalytic ConvertersFord Thunderbird
- (121)MufflersFord Thunderbird
- (61)Exhaust TipsFord Thunderbird
- (59)Exhaust PipesFord Thunderbird
- (285)Clamps, Hangers, GasketsFord Thunderbird
- (80)Replacement Emission Control PartsEmission Control
- (50)Performance ChipsFord Thunderbird
Upgrade the performance and power output of your Ford Thunderbird engine using a custom exhaust system from CARiD. All our Ford Thunderbird custom exhaust systems are designed to boost horsepower and torque, and enhance overall performance in the car. The right custom exhaust will release as much as 10hp extra or more from your engine, depending on the exhaust system you pick. To enjoy the greatest increase in power and torque, get the Borla Ford Thunderbird cat back exhaust system. It gives up to 10% more horsepower and has a distinct, throaty roar that commands respect like the stock exhaust system would never do. Flowmaster and MagnaFlow cat back exhaust systems for the Ford Thunderbird are equally good. Supplementary performance exhaust components such as headers and mufflers will boost the performance of your Ford. We have quite a number from Gibson, Onki, Weapon-R and RBP at the CARiD store.
Because they are restrictive in design, stock exhaust systems limit the amount and velocity of exhaust flow passing through the system at any given time. The more you work the engine, the greater the level of backpressure the stock exhaust system creates. As a result, exhaust gases are not expelled as quickly as they should, and this costs you a huge amount of horsepower. A Ford Thunderbird custom exhaust system will solve this problem by increasing exhaust flow so that the exhaust pipes are clear and the engine free to breathe and generate more power. You will also love how the new exhaust system sounds. It gives a deep but contained sound, which is not overly loud or aggressive. Each of our Ford Thunderbird exhaust systems has a distinct note, which you can alter using a muffler for a personal touch.
- Borla® Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemStainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are custom tuned to...$312.99 - $3,305.99
- Borla® Touring Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemTouring Stainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla, MILD GROWL SOUND. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes...$312.99 - $1,833.99
- Borla® Exhaust SystemFirebird Formula V8 5.7L GAS , AdjStainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System by Borla, AGGRESSIVE SOUND, 3" Tubing, Split Rear Exit, and 3.8" x 3" Inlet / 6.75" Outlet Dual Square Angle-Cut Intercooled Tips.$312.99 - $3,305.99
- Stainless Works® 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by Stainless Works. This superior product is made from high-grade stainless steel to ensure excellent quality and maximum resistance to corrosion. Engineered with careful attention to the smallest...$684.00 - $1,795.50
- Stainless Works® 304 SS Muffler Kit304 SS Muffler Kit by Stainless Works. This superior product is made from high-grade stainless steel to ensure excellent quality and maximum resistance to corrosion. Engineered with careful attention to the smallest detail using the...$216.00 - $486.00
- DynoMax® Super Turbo Exhaust SystemSuper Turbo Exhaust System by DynoMax. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow performance exhaust tone without annoying interior resonance, with this axle-back exhaust system. It...$101.31 - $543.01
- Spec-D® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Spec-D. Make whatever you drive run and sound like a high-performance machine with a Spec-D Exhaust System. The Spec-D system replaces your restrictive factory pipes and mufflers with large diameter mandrel bent...$13.36 - $623.00
- Hooker® Super Competition Full Length Performance HeaderSuper Competition Full Length Performance Header by Hooker. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Hooker...$496.95 - $1,067.95
- Patriot Exhaust® Tight Tuck Street Rod HeadersTight Tuck Street Rod Headers by Patriot Exhaust. Tight Tuck headers are the solution to many problems associated with engine swaps in modern street rods. Tight Tucks fit in the tightest of engine compartments and clear most stock...$192.67 - $481.70
- Schoenfeld Headers® IMCA Modified HeadersIMCA Modified Headers by Schoenfeld Headers. Comes in a set. Includes Bolts, Studs, Gaskets. Header made from Steel.$189.49 - $360.70
- Schoenfeld Headers® Sprint Car HeadersSprint Car Headers by Schoenfeld Headers, 1 Pair. Header made from Steel. Painted.$221.08 - $644.23
- Hedman Hedders® Standard Duty HTC Coated HeadersStandard Duty HTC Coated Headers by Hedman Hedders.$174.05 - $846.63
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or no...$164.99 - $1,748.68
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with...$79.39 - $1,095.80
- DynoMax® Race Series Bullet MufflerRace Series Bullet Muffler by DynoMax. This dyno tested and track proven muffler features unrestricted, straight-through design for maximum horsepower and CRF Technology for sound reduction. Its 100% welded construction ensures long...$20.03 - $77.90
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.