B&M Racing & Performance has been at the vanguard of the automotive aftermarket since early 1950s. Racers themselves, B&M’s founders identified the needs of racers and performance enthusiasts and developed products to fill those needs. Recently they’ve acquired a number of other performance-oriented brands, including Flowmaster Mufflers, the legendary Hurst shifters, and Hurst Driveline Conversions.
- B&M® - Competition Pro Bandit™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $318.05$318.05
- B&M® - Performance Race Automatic TransmissionStarting at: $2,169.93$2,169.93
- B&M® - Competition Stealth Pro Bandit™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $413.77$413.77
- B&M® - HoleShot™ Performance Torque ConverterStarting at: $247.14$247.14
- B&M® - Competition Pro Ratchet™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $245.88$245.88
- B&M® - Performance FlexplateStarting at: $68.98$68.98
- B&M® - Performance QuickSilver™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $244.43$244.43
- B&M® - Hi-Tek Cooling SystemStarting at: $249.78$249.78
- B&M® - Performance Traveler™ Automatic TransmissionStarting at: $1,812.53$1,812.53
- B&M® - Performance Megashifter™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $259.00$259.00
- B&M® - Transmission PanStarting at: $49.81$49.81
- B&M® - Performance Hammer™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $164.62$164.62
- B&M® - Original Trick Shift™ Automatic Transmission FluidStarting at: $4.76$4.76
- B&M® - Performance StarShifter™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $171.18$171.18
- B&M® - Engine and Transmission Black Race SuperCooler™Starting at: $67.52$67.52
- B&M® - Performance Z-Gate™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $168.33$168.33
- B&M® - Shift Improver Kit™Starting at: $34.38$34.38
- B&M® - Manual ShifterStarting at: $52.22$52.22
- B&M® - Engine and Transmission Polished Race SuperCooler™Starting at: $74.03$74.03
- B&M® - Performance Sport Automatic ShifterStarting at: $182.83$182.83
- B&M® - Tork Master™ Performance Torque ConverterStarting at: $156.34$156.34
- B&M® - Performance Street Bandit™ Automatic ShifterStarting at: $394.77$394.77
- B&M® - Performance Street Rod Automatic ShifterStarting at: $213.79$213.79
- B&M® - Performance Street and Strip Automatic TransmissionStarting at: $952.53$952.53
- B&M® - Nitrous HoleShot™ Performance Torque ConverterStarting at: $398.08$398.08
- B&M® - Master Overhaul KitStarting at: $179.15$179.15
- B&M® - Automatic Transmission SuperCooler™Starting at: $62.43$62.43
- B&M® - Traveler™ Performance Torque ConverterStarting at: $290.39$290.39
- B&M® - Transpak™ KitStarting at: $44.93$44.93
- B&M® - Transkit™Starting at: $215.50$215.50
- B&M® - Engine Oil CoolerStarting at: $155.57$155.57
- B&M® - White Shift Knob with ButtonStarting at: $59.12$59.12
- B&M® - White Shift KnobStarting at: $21.49$21.49
- B&M® - Emblem with "Precision" LogoStarting at: $14.12$14.12
- B&M® - Converter Lockup ControlStarting at: $187.62$187.62
B&M specializes in performance automatic transmissions, torque converters, automatic shifters, precision manual shifters, and many other transmission products. Who would have thought that an automatic transmission, the proverbial slushbox, would outperform a manual transmission in many forms of racing? As it turns out, the consistency of an automatic, the ability to reduce driver workload, and the uninterrupted flow of power to the wheels from the crankshaft are tremendous competitive advantages.
A specially-built torque converter is necessary for racing to allow the engine to rev higher from a standing-start. That provides more power to the rear wheels for the critical first few feet. The ability to keep your right foot flat on the throttle for the whole quarter-mile means constant acceleration, and those few milliseconds can put the win light in your lane. Couple that with a built-up transmission that has lightning-fast shifts and no slippage, and you’ve got an uninterrupted flow of power to the ground. Bonus: a properly-modified automatic trans often will outlive a manual in a racing environment.
If you have an automatic transmission, it couples to the crankshaft with a device called a flexplate, which also carries the starter motor gears. Race flexplates need to be SFI 29.1-certified, so of course B&M has a selection. Don’t try to put a new, high-stall converter onto a cracked or bent flexplate. Add a deeper cast-aluminum transmission pan to hold more fluid and keep your transmission cooler.
Speaking of coolers, who but a transmission and torque converter developer and manufacturer would know better the importance of keeping the transmission cool. The stock radiator-mounted trans cooler is simply inadequate for towing or competition. And overheated trans fluid will deteriorate rapidly, taking a lot of internal transmission parts along with it. B&M has an assortment of radiator coolers – some with electric fans for positive cooling – that will keep transmission temperature under control either flying along Baja or creeping through traffic in the motorhome.
| Posted by Frank | (Miami, FL)
I bought this pan for my truck, because I live in southern Florida, and it's brutally hot here, so I need the extra cooling when I'm pulling my 5th wheel... Very happy with it. Beefy and very well-made. I would recommend this product to anyone.
| Posted by Evangelina | (Anchorage, AK)
Just wanted to make a quick review to say I am really impressed with this shifter, the installation was pretty simple with very descriptive instructions. It's perfect if your want to upgrade and not spend a lot, I would probably spend more if I was building a race car but I just wanted to upgrade to a floor shifter for the street.
| Posted by Barrie | (Jacksonville, FL)
Outstanding! My transmission was running 190 degrees plus towing my camper. Put this cooler on and it ran at 162 degrees with the a/c on all the time with driving in 90 degree heat. I am really thinking about putting another one on the engine for more cooling. Great product!
| Posted by Kraig | (Dayton, OH)
Very well planned product. Works with most major auto transmission. The tall base is excellent for use in full sized truck/van. My application was a conversion. No problems installing and adjusting the shifter.
| Posted by Leandrew | (Schertz, TX)
This unit is great when you need to replace your shifter. Comes with everything you need for installation. Also is a safe shifter so you do not accidentally shift into reverse while rolling forward. Has cool look as well.
| Posted by Michael | (Oshkosh, WI)
You will definitely love the out put of these torque converters. Been using B&M products since the 70's. When I needed a converter, there was no question what brand I would buy. They are still the best.