Having a fairly rich history in the automotive world, the Hurst company is a bit older than 50 years and located in Santa Rosa, California. Hurst has always been at the forefront of the industry and in tune with the market, and today it continues to grow solidly and takes pride in its title of being 'America's Number One Shifter.' Besides, Hurst manufactures a great number of shifter accessories and transmission products that our customers highly recommend to all performance-minded enthusiasts.
For many years, Hurst has been the OEM shifter supplier for the Plymouth Barracuda, Oldsmobile, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 KR, Pontiac GTO, just to name a few. It figures because Hurst shifters and other accessories deliver premium OE quality and durability that are perfectly combined with superb performance. Besides, Hurst is always sure to satisfy all the requirements of a drag racer and street enthusiast. You should know that any of Hurst products you're getting is actually a piece of legendary Hurst heritage.
- Hurst Shifters® - Quarter Stick™ Automatic Shifter Starting at: $222.64 $222.64
- Hurst Shifters® - PRO-MATIC 2™ Ratchet Automatic Shifter Starting at: $221.65 $221.65
- Hurst Shifters® - Competition/Plus™ Manual Shifter Starting at: $37.33 $37.33
- Hurst Shifters® - Billet/Plus™ Manual Shifter Starting at: $190.76 $190.76
- Hurst Shifters® - INDY SSA Universal 3 Speed Manual Shifter Starting at: $199.04 $199.04
- Hurst Shifters® - MASTERSHIFT™ Manual Shifter Starting at: $72.08 $72.08
- Hurst Shifters® - Paddle Automatic Shift Kit Starting at: $43.84 $43.84
- Hurst Shifters® - HardDrive Shifter Stick Starting at: $126.67 $126.67
- Hurst Shifters® - Comp Stick Kit Starting at: $85.55 $85.55
- Hurst Shifters® - Pro Billet Super Speedway Shifter Starting at: $392.56 $392.56
- Hurst Shifters® - HardDrive Shifter Stick Starting at: $148.20 $148.20
- Hurst Shifters® - Mopar Pistol Grip Shifter Stick Starting at: $176.12 $176.12
- Hurst Shifters® - The Original Roll/Control™ Starting at: $92.65 $92.65
- Hurst Shifters® - Pistol Grip Shifter Handle Starting at: $42.01 $42.01
- Hurst Shifters® - Billet Boot Support Starting at: $35.78 $35.78
- Hurst Shifters® - Replacement Shifter Cable Starting at: $45.91 $45.91
- Hurst Shifters® - Quarter Stick White Shifter Knob Starting at: $27.13 $27.13
- Hurst Shifters® - Black Shifter Knob with Hurst Emblem Starting at: $63.41 $63.41
- Hurst Shifters® - Classic Shifter Knob Starting at: $25.34 $25.34
- Hurst Shifters® - Competition Shifter Knob with Built-In 12V Switch Starting at: $56.76 $56.76
- Hurst Shifters® - Sidewinder Black Shifter Knob with Hurst Logo Starting at: $64.54 $64.54
- Hurst Shifters® - Shifter Boot and Plate Starting at: $19.46 $19.46
- Hurst Shifters® - T-Handle Shifter Knob Starting at: $25.10 $25.10
- Hurst Shifters® - Hurst Equipped Emblem Starting at: $13.25 $13.25
Hurst manual shifters have been part of legendary American muscle cars for a reason: they provide perfect transmission control for 3, 4, 5, and 6-speed manual transmissions. Each application is expertly designed to shorten the throw and engineered to please you for many years to come. CNC machined and crafted from high strength steel, these items are a must have for your manual-transmission-equipped vehicle. Hurst has recently developed one of a kind shifters for the automatic transmission. They ensure simple and intuitive shifter operation to meet street and race needs.
Dress up your factory console with Hurst Comp Stick Kit. You can simply modify your LX platform based Dodge and Chrysler automatics, 2010+ Chevy Camaro, and even the late-generation Mustang. Each Comp Stick Kit includes a console plate, Hurst engraved chrome stick sleeve, and a classic Hurst knob that will be comfortable in just about every position.
Find the perfect Hurst knobs that are made of solid high-gloss plastic and feature original Hurst classic design. You're also welcome to choose from various Hurst handles that provide a firm grip when shifting and allow less chance of your right hand slipping and missing a shift.
I have a 2011 Camaro with a factory Hurst shifter. I've done a lot of mods to the car and added a Hurst line lock kit. For a clean installation, I also added the T-handle knob with button. While the Camaro is a press on (keyed) shifter, and the T-handle is threaded, you either need to buy an adapter or thread the shifter. I bought an adapter and am very happy with the shifter. It sits lower than the factory knob so the throw is even shorter/tighter than it was. It looks great too, and brings back memories of my muscle cars in the late 60's/70's. The only improvement would be to have an adapter for the Camaro in the kit.
| Posted by Matthew K. | (Birmingham, AL)
The stock shifter was working fine but the throws are a bit too long and sometimes it did not shift very smoothly. It was very hard to be confident on what gear will be shifting to like shifting from 2nd to 3rd and it was hard to tell if you have shifted into 3rd for sure. This is not longer a problem with the Hurst shifter. Wow what a big difference it makes with this thing! I have used this shifter for 5 days now and took it for about 250 miles and it gets better and better! I feel much more confident in shifting! The throws are shorter by 40% and it much smoother and precise! When you shift it from 2nd to 3rd it has a click type of sound and you know for sure then it's in gear! I feel that you can drive faster and harder than ever before! I just love this thing!
| Posted by Nicolas C. | (Glen Rock, PA)
Yes, I installed the Hurst short throw shifter Tuesday. The shifter is very easy to install. I removed the heavier springs that came on the shifter and swapped them for the alternate springs with less tension after the first test drive. Note: The spring tension is adjustable. Beware, this shifter is noisy without the stock closeout plate that needs to be modified to fit back over the new shifter. The re-installation of this will quiet the shifter down quite a bit. On the road the shifter definitely has a shorter throw, very noticable, and the gear changes snap off very quickly and gear selection is predictable. Here is what I noticed that surprised me. Shifting through the gears is so fast, you don't have the drop in rpm's between shifts as much as with the stock shifter.
| Posted by Linda B. | (Cornwall, ON)
Excellent upgrade from stock shifter. Shifts very precise, no hitch in shifting between shifts that I experienced with stock shifter. Goes in reverse easier than stock shifter also left effort going into 5th gear. Note that on V6 model 5th gear is your direct or high gear not 4th gear that is your direct or high gear with the V8 engine. Very happy with the performance of shifter. Hurst got it right as usual.
| Posted by Richard M. | (Renton, WA)
This was a very simple installation (less than two hours) and the product is great. The difference it makes is remarkable and really adds to the original nostalgic look and feel of yester-year. I am very satisfied with the application and the quality of the product.
| Posted by Carol B. | (Newnan, GA)
If you never used a short throw shifter, I recommend you give it a try. It's throw is so much shorter than the stock shifter that once you use it you will think the stock shifter felt like rowing a boat. The quality is excellent. The installation is a bit of a chore so if you aren't mechanically inclined I recommend you have it installed professionally. If you are used to doing things yourself, you can get it installed in 1 - 2 hours.
8 reviews with an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars