The Acura RSX is one of those cars that are bigger than they look. Very quickly, it becomes the most important part of your daily life because it makes your usual tasks so much easier. No matter whether you're going to work, picking your kids up from school or going somewhere else, your RSX does its work perfectly, so you want to take the best possible care of it, which is difficult when you’re driving it all the time. Luckily, this is an easy aim to achieve with an aftermarket Acura RSX air intake, and we have a stock of them, so the right one is here for you.
An aftermarket air intake will give your RSX numerous benefits including a better fuel usage, more horsepower and torque, improved throttle response, and acceleration which is a great return from a single upgrade. An aftermarket air intake gives you these improvements by allowing your vehicle's engine to get a larger amount of cold, dense air than your factory air intake does. Most of new aftermarket air intakes have an advanced filter on top of them, which provides better filtration technology to prevent any dangerous particles from getting through to your engine. Moreover, this filter is washable and reusable. Once you install an aftermarket air intake and see the improvements, you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.
- Injen® SP Series Cold Air Intake SystemSP Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The SP Series Cold Air Intake System is made for the enthusiast who wants maximum horsepower from a tuned cold air intake system. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter...$178.60 - $600.40
- AEM® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by AEM®. To deliver cooler air to the engine, this air intake system places the air filter outside the engine compartment. Cooler air is denser than warm air and so contains more oxygen, which results in...$133.99 - $464.99
- Weapon-R® Neo-Ti Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemNeo-Ti Secret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with...$262.65 - $535.50
- Injen® IS Series Intake SystemIS Series Intake System by Injen®. The IS Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air filter allows...$144.44 - $312.20
- Takeda® Retain Short Ram Air Intake SystemRetain Short Ram Air Intake System by Takeda®. Improve your car's performance and enhance the appearance of your engine bay with the Takeda Retain Short Ram Air Intake System. This system will increase airflow to your engine with...$225.00 - $495.00
- K&N® 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit by K&N®. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit is available in various finishes and configurations. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free...$129.99 - $540.99
- Weapon-R® Dragon Air Intake SystemDragon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. Increased airflow and air volume into your engine results in more horsepower and torque. The Dragon Air Intake System is designed to maximize airflow and engine performance. 50-States Street...$51.00 - $293.25
- AEM® Short Ram Air Intake SystemShort Ram Air Intake System by AEM®. This system is an economical alternative to AEM's Cold Air Intake system. The Short Ram system installs easily under the hood, and on some applications outperforms the longer cold air design.$91.99 - $362.99
- HPS® Short Ram Air Intake with Heat ShieldShort Ram Air Intake with Heat Shield by HPS®. Makes for more power throughout your vehicle's full RPM range utilizing mandrel-bent piping and K&N washable/reusable high flowing air filter, while for the maximum cooling effect, a...$150.10 - $261.25
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with any...$169.15 - $378.25
- Injen® SP Series Short Ram Intake SystemSP Series Short Ram Intake System by Injen®. The Short Ram SP Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air...$196.57 - $600.40
- AEM® Dual Chamber Air Intake SystemDual Chamber Air Intake System by AEM®. The Dual Chamber Air Intake system uses a patented design that creates multiple frequency sound waves in the intake tube to charge the cylinders with more air. These systems typically make...$285.99 - $325.99
- Skunk2® Ultra Series™ Race Intake ManifoldsUltra Series™ Race Intake Manifolds by Skunk2®. The engineers at Skunk2 Racing have worked tirelessly to develop the next generation of high performance intake manifolds and are proud to announce the release of the much...$99.99 - $779.99
- DC Sports® Short Ram Intake SystemDC Sports Air Intake Systems provide the best of both worlds in heat protection and improved breathability. Every kit includes a air filter that requires no oil, therefore no chance in contaminating the air mass air flow sensor...$95.70 - $256.61
- aFe® Pro Dry S Air FilterPro Dry S Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro DRY S is the perfect combination of performance, protection and convenience. When you want increased airflow with superior filtration, but ease of maintenance is a high priority, look no...$49.95 - $919.84
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsMy Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My Air Intake System?Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are these so popular? After all, didn't engineers who work for your vehicle manufacturer spend years developing the best engine components available? Since power and fuel economy are major selling points these days, it's hard to imagine car companies not doing everything they can to maximize horsepower, miles per gallon, or both.
- Performance PartsWhat are the Different Types of Air Intake Systems?There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we'll examine the different types of air intakes, what they do, and look at a few specific product examples of each. But in short, performance air intake setups increase airflow into your engine - boosting combustion and creating more horsepower and torque that you can actually feel. Their relatively low cost and easy installation (bolt-on in most cases) keeps them in popular demand by car enthusiasts that own everything from 1.5-liter turbo motors to big block V8 engines.
- Performance PartsWhy does my car have a plastic intake manifold?An intake manifold is an integrated assembly that sits atop the engine, consisting of a series of tubes which distribute fresh outside air to each and every cylinder. On V-shaped engine blocks, an intake manifold typically sits between the two cylinder banks while inline engines may feature a manifold to the side of the cylinder head. Intake manifolds serve as a mounting point for carburetors, throttle body assemblies, fuel injectors, thermostats, and more depending on vehicle manufacturer engineering preferences. Intake manifolds may also serve to route coolant through dedicated channels in order to remove heat from the engine. Because of their location and functionality, intake manifold assemblies are under constant stress from engine vacuum pressure as well as direct heat from coolant, cylinder combustion gasses, and the cylinder heads to which they are mounted.
- Performance PartsThe Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air FilterMost aftermarket air filters are constructed from multiple layers of cotton gauze, which are sandwiched between wire mesh that is formed into pleats. The layers of oiled cotton fibers are able to trap dirt particles that are even smaller than the holes in the filter media. The airflow stays consistent between cleanings, for optimal combustion.
Acura RSX Performance Air Intake Systems Reviews
- Related Acura RSX Pages
- Popular RSX Part Numbers
- AEM® 22-506B - Blue Short Ram Air Intake System
- Weapon-R® 801-143-101 - Dragon Air Intake System (Polished Pipe, Gunmetal Filter Cage and Black Foam, Non Type-S)
- Weapon-R® 301-143-101 - Secret Weapon Air Intake System
- K&N® 69-0015TR - 69 Series Typhoon Red Short Ram Intake Kit
- K&N® 69-0015TS - 69 Series Typhoon Silver Short Ram Intake Kit
- Injen® SP1470P - SP Series Cold Air Intake System (No Type S, Polished)
- Injen® SP1477BLK - SP Series Cold Air Intake System (Type S, Black)
- Injen® SP1476BLK - SP Series Short Ram Intake System (Black)
- DC Sports® SRI6515 - Polished Aluminum Short Ram Intake System
- HPS® 27-121P - Polished Short Ram Air Intake with Heat Shield
- Acura RSX Models
- RSX Base Performance Air Intake Systems
- RSX L Performance Air Intake Systems
- RSX Type-S Performance Air Intake Systems