Toyota RAV4 Trailer Hitches
Enough emphasis cannot be placed on how crucial it is to get the correct hitch for the trailer that you want to tow. Although it is now easy to choose from a wide variety of Toyota RAV4 trailer hitches that are available at CARiD, you should also be aware of how each hitch works. The hitches are divided into several categories. There is the gooseneck and 5th wheel hitches. These are mostly suitable for pick ups or trailers which are very heavy. Then there is the weight carrying hitches and finally the weight distributing hitches. As long as you follow the limitations that have been set by the car manufacturer, you can put any hitch on your RAV4. You should, however, keep in mind that only a weight distributing hitch will transfer the weight evenly to all the wheels of the car because it has spring bars. This is not the case with a weight bearing hitch because it will take the mass of the trailer tongue and place it at the suspension, making the front tires of the car lighter.
The reason as to why gooseneck and 5th wheel trailer hitches are the most preferred hitches when towing heavy trailers is because they take all the weight of the trailer and place it on the rear axle which in turn makes it easy to drive in crosswinds. This way, the trailer stays on course and will not steer the bumper from behind. Ensure that you first understand how each hitch works first before making any final decision to buy. The one thing that you will be assured of at CARiD is the quality and durability of the Toyota RAV4 trailer hitches they provide. Each hitch comes with a life time warranty, so you can be assured that you are getting only the best.
| Posted by Alexandr | (Yosemite National Park, CA)
With the installation had a small problem, the holes do not match to 1mm. The rest is a great product.
- Popular RAV4 Part Numbers
- Draw-Tite® 36490 - Class 2 Frame Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (300/3500 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 90207 - Class 2 Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (300/3500 Weight Capacity)
- CURT® 56165 - 4-Flat T-Connector
- CURT® 12108 - Class 2 Exposed Round Black Trailer Hitch with Receiver Opening (W/O Insert, 3500/300 Weight Capacity)
- CURT® 13149 - Class 3 Exposed Round Black Trailer Hitch with Receiver Opening (3500/525 Weight Capacity)
- CURT® 56166 - 4-Flat T-Connector
- Hidden Hitch® 87631 - Class 3 / 4 Round Tube Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (525/3500 Weight Capacity, 525/5000 with Weight Distributing)
- Pro Series® 51234 - Class 3 Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (350/3500 Weight Capacity, 400/4000 with Weight Distributing)
- Pro Series® 51157 - Class 3 Round Tube Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (350/3500 Weight Capacity, 400/4000 with Weight Distributing)
- Pro Series® 118412 - ModuLite™ T-One Connector Assembly with Circuit Protected Module
- Toyota RAV4 Models
- RAV4 Base Trailer Hitches
- RAV4 EV Trailer Hitches
- RAV4 L Trailer Hitches
- RAV4 LE Trailer Hitches
- RAV4 Limited Trailer Hitches
- RAV4 Sport Trailer Hitches
- RAV4 XLE Trailer Hitches