Royal Purple Oil
Royal Purple, Inc is a privately-held company that is currently headquartered in Porter, Texas. It was given birth in 1986, but its roots go back even further. Today the manufacturer offers an immense number of products for nearly every application, including automotive, marine, motorcycle, and racing. The RP experts have more than two centuries of combined experience in creating state-of-the-art lubricants, so it's no wonder why our valued customers opt for the Royal Purple products and why the company’s lubricants are in a class by themselves!
Now let's delve into history. John Williams, Royal Purple's founding father, was the first to develop synthetic lubricants in the 1950s. When Mr. Williams retired in the 1980s, he continued to follow his passion for lubrication by serving as a consultant to many different oil companies. It was during that time when Williams was asked to solve constant bearing failures in the huge compressors of one company. The problem appeared to be simple and difficult, all at once. Mr. Williams found out that there wasn't a lubricant that could cope with the demands of large equipment. So, he had to put his great background to create a new product that, in the long run, became the cornerstone of Royal Purple’s product line.
- Royal Purple® - HPS™ Multi-Grade High Performance Street Motor Oil Starting at: $112.10 $112.10
- Royal Purple® - API-Licensed High Performance Motor Oil Starting at: $106.16 $106.16
- Royal Purple® - Max Gear™ High Performance Gear Oil Starting at: $240.08 $240.08
- Royal Purple® - Max ATF™ Automatic Transmission Fluid Starting at: $172.69 $172.69
- Royal Purple® - Purple Ice™ Radiator Coolant Additive Starting at: $14.39 $14.39
- Royal Purple® - Max-Cycle™ Motorcycle Engine Oil Starting at: $170.10 $170.10
- Royal Purple® - Racing ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid Starting at: $123.34 $123.34
- Royal Purple® - Synfilm™ Recip. 100 Reciprocating Air Compressor Oil Starting at: $209.30 $209.30
- Royal Purple® - XPR™ Extreme Performance Racing Oil Starting at: $218.05 $218.05
- Royal Purple® - Max EZ™ Power Steering Fluid Starting at: $5.46 $5.46
- Royal Purple® - Break-in Oil Starting at: $108.76 $108.76
- Royal Purple® - HP 2-C High Performance 2-Cycle Motor Oil Starting at: $142.88 $142.88
- Royal Purple® - Synchromax™ Manual Transmission Fluid Starting at: $206.82 $206.82
- Royal Purple® - Max-Chain™ Synthetic Chain Lubricant Starting at: $7.45 $7.45
- Royal Purple® - Max-Tuff™ Synthetic Assembly Lubricant Starting at: $4.31 $4.31
- Royal Purple® - Maxfilm™ Synthetic Penetrating Lubricant Starting at: $7.45 $7.45
- Royal Purple® - Ultra-Performance™ Synthetic Grease Starting at: $11.40 $11.40
- Royal Purple® - Synthetic Gun Oil Starting at: $9.21 $9.21
John Williams developed a new additive technology (known as Synerlec) that fortified lubricants with a tenacious film in order to protect bearings under extreme loads. The technology also provided superior oxidation stability to prolong oil life. So, the new lubricant did solve the company's problems. Since the fluid was much better than anything else out there, it made sense to make it look different from other oils. Williams decided on the purple color and named the company Royal Purple. A long time ago, this color was extremely expensive to produce, and only royalty could afford the cost. The hope was that the color’s association with quality would symbolize the impeccable quality of all Royal Purple products.
So, what does the rich Royal Purple product line encompass? They're countless super-premium motor oils and many other unique items, including power steering fluids, automatic transmission fluids, gear oils, chain lubricants, radiator coolant additives, and much more for your specific needs. The company's sole mission was, and still is, to develop goods that considerably outperform the rest of synthetic and mineral-based oils. Therefore, each Royal Purple product is meticulously formulated to maximize the performance of the equipment for which it is intended.
You probably know that lubricants are the 'life blood' of any vehicle, and that performance of your car directly depends on your selection and use of automotive oils. The unique Royal Purple chemicals dramatically improve combustion for more power, optimized fuel economy, and also reduced emissions. Now let's talk in numbers. Various independent tests proved that the Royal Purple motor oils boost torque and horsepower up to 3% while reducing fuel consumption by around 5%. Meanwhile, the emission reduction achieves the figure of 20%! Well, that's exactly what you're guaranteed to get with the package.
This oil is awesome! It outperforms anything else I have ever tried. The extra money is worth it because it protects your engine better, runs cooler, and extends your oil changes out at the same time.
Royal Purple is the best stuff out there. It really makes your engine purr... You can also feel the little extra horsepower it allows your engine to free up. I have tried Mobile One, Valvoline, and Casteroil. Royal Purple puts them all to shame.
You can't go wrong using Royal Purple products. Very high quality and well worth the extra cost. Wish they made Royal Purple oil in a SAE 5W-40 for my Ford F-250 diesel. The Rotella syn I use in it now works well but would rather use Royal Purple!
I have been using Royal Purple Street Synthetic Motor Oil for 2 different vehicles I have owned since discovering it in 1996. It is a phenomenal product that lives up to its billing better than any product of the same type on the market. If you want to protect your engine and only have to change your oil about once every 5k miles, get this oil! Expensive you say? What is your engine worth in comparison? For my money, time, and power boost that this product provides to my truck, nothing goes in my crank case but this oil. Buy it, you will not be disappointed!
According to my fiance, Royal Purple is the best there is. I bought this for him for Christmas, along with motor oil so that he could change the oil in his car, and he was very excited. He swears by Royal Purple and won't put anything else in his cars.
5 reviews with an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars