Royal Purple, Inc is a privately-held company that is currently headquartered in Porter, Texas. It was given birth in 1986, but its roots go back even further. Today the manufacturer offers an immense number of products for nearly every application, including automotive, marine, motorcycle, and racing. The RP experts have more than two centuries of combined experience in creating state-of-the-art lubricants.
John Williams, Royal Purple's founding father, was the first to develop synthetic lubricants in the 1950s. When Mr. Williams retired in the 1980s, he continued to follow his passion for lubrication by serving as a consultant to many different oil companies. It was during that time when Williams was asked to solve constant bearing failures in the huge compressors of one company. Mr. Williams found out that there wasn't a lubricant that could cope with the demands of large equipment. So, he had to put his great background to create a new product that became the cornerstone of Royal Purple’s product line.
John Williams developed a new additive technology (known as Synerlec) that fortified lubricants with a tenacious film in order to protect bearings under extreme loads. The technology also provided superior oxidation stability to prolong oil life. So, the new lubricant did solve the company's problems. Since the fluid was much better than anything else out there, it made sense to make it look different from other oils. Williams decided on the purple color and named the company Royal Purple. A long time ago, this color was extremely expensive to produce, and only royalty could afford the cost.
So, what does the rich Royal Purple product line encompass? They're countless super-premium motor oils and many other unique items, including power steering fluids, automatic transmission fluids, gear oils, chain lubricants, radiator coolant additives, and much more for your specific needs. The company's sole mission was, and still is, to develop goods that considerably outperform the rest of synthetic and mineral-based oils. Therefore, each Royal Purple product is meticulously formulated to maximize the performance of the equipment for which it is intended.
You probably know that lubricants are the 'life blood' of any vehicle, and that performance of your car directly depends on your selection and use of automotive oils. The unique Royal Purple chemicals dramatically improve combustion for more power, optimized fuel economy, and also reduced emissions. Now let's talk in numbers. Various independent tests proved that the Royal Purple motor oils boost torque and horsepower up to 3% while reducing fuel consumption by around 5%. Meanwhile, the emission reduction achieves the figure of 20%! Well, that's exactly what you're guaranteed to get with the package.
| Posted by David | (Indianapolis, IN)
It is a good thing to have if your trucks or vehicle ever gets to hot. It is just get it at any auto shop. It cost a lot less than CARiD and Summit Racing.
- Popular Royal Purple Part Numbers
- Royal Purple® 12041 - XPR™ Multi-Grade Extreme Performance Racing Oil (SAE 10W-40)
- Royal Purple® 12051 - XPR™ Multi-Grade Extreme Performance Racing Oil (SAE 20W-50)
- Royal Purple® 01021 - XPR™ Multi-Grade Extreme Performance Racing Oil (SAE 5W-30)
- Royal Purple® 12020 - API-Licensed Multi-Grade High Performance Motor Oil (SAE 0W-20 SN)
- Royal Purple® 54020 - API-Licensed Multi-Grade High Performance Motor Oil (SAE 0W-20 SN)
- Royal Purple® 54130 - API-Licensed Multi-Grade High Performance Motor Oil (SAE 10W-30 SN)
- Royal Purple® 44154 - API-Licensed Multi-Grade High Performance Motor Oil (SAE 15W-40 CJ-4)
- Royal Purple® 12530 - API-Licensed Multi-Grade High Performance Motor Oil (SAE 5W-30 SN)
- Royal Purple® 10059 - Ultra-Performance™ Synthetic Grease (10 x 14.5-ounce bottles)
- Royal Purple® 10039 - Synthetic Gun Oil (12 x 4-ounce bottles)