In this installment, we'll give you the steps for replacing the transmission fluid and fluid filter inside your vehicle's automatic transmission – saving you several hundred dollars by sparing you a visit to the shop. This maintenance procedure is a straightforward one, and it's important for the overall longevity of your transmission. The engineers that built your car tested it thoroughly, and they know more than anyone on earth does about its breaking points and how to keep mechanical components healthy, so following your vehicle manufacturer's recommended service intervals is essential. While draining a trans pan and refilling it only replaces one-half to two-thirds of your overall fluid (the rest remains inside the torque converter), don't let it diminish the importance of keeping your automatic trans fluid (ATF) fresh.
Mercury Sable Transmission Parts
- National® - Automatic Transmission Output Shaft SealStarting at: $13.49$13.49
- Anchor® - Automatic Transmission MountsStarting at: $20.16$20.16
- Westar® - Automatic Transmission MountsStarting at: $22.29$22.29
- FRAM® - Internal Automatic Transmission Cartridge with UltraCork GasketStarting at: $19.95$19.95
- Dorman® - Vehicle Speed SensorStarting at: $20.06$20.06
- Hastings® - Automatic Transmission FilterStarting at: $21.23$21.23
- Fel-Pro® - Automatic Transmission Oil Pan GasketStarting at: $15.65$15.65
- Interfil® - AT FilterStarting at: $27.19$27.19
- RhinoPac® - Replacement Solid FlywheelStarting at: $75.97$75.97
- Sachs® - FlywheelStarting at: $60.20$60.20
Guides & Articles
1988 Honda CR-X
Posted by Greg H.
Posted by Greg H.
"After trying my local parts stores and two orders online I found a new source for parts, CARiD. You guys had the right part at a good price as well as reasonable shipping cost. Thanks, Greg."