Hidden Hitch Trailer Hitches & Towing
Hidden Hitch is another of Cequent’s many brand identities in the towing industry. In the hitch-building business since 1968, Hidden Hitch pioneered the round-tube style hitch in 1984, making a line of hitches that looked less industrial on modern cars and SUVS than everyone else’s square-tube versions. With Cequent’s industry-wide expertise and product development resources, they’ll continue to develop products that change the industry.
Does your trailer use a 2-wire style of tail/brake/turn light, like most do? Then if your vehicle has separate bulbs for tail, brake and turn signals as many late-model cars and trucks do, you’ll need a converter to make the right bulbs on the trailer light up when they’re supposed to. Hidden Hitch also has T-connectors to make the installation of a hitch connector a simple plug-in operation that doesn’t involve splicing.
Pick and choose from not only a receiver-style hitch that fits your vehicle and is rated to tow a trailer that’s of the correct max weight for it, but a wide assortment of ball mounts and balls. It’s often necessary to spec a ball mount with rise or drop, to make the trailer ride in a level attitude behind a truck with a much higher receiver opening, or a car with a much lower one. With three different ball sizes with different shank sizes, and five different weight classes, it’s not one-size-fits-all. And a poor choice in setting up a trailer can result in a dangerous, evil-handling setup.
Hidden Hitch has been in the trailer hitch/towing industry since 1968, leading the industry with innovations like the round-tube receiver hitch in 1984 and introducing the receiver-mounted bike carrier in 1988. They pioneered the use of removable receiver hitch drawbars that allow you to remove the ball from your vehicle when it’s not needed, a concept that culminated in the Invisi-hitch, which is completely unnoticeable when the ball mount is removed.
Look in the Hidden Hitch catalog for hitch balls in every conceivable size and weight class rating, as well as receiver tube covers, adapters to change receiver sizes up or down, and steps to plug into the receiver. Front-mount receivers to attach steps, license plate frames and winches. Hidden hitch is also a great source for unfinished receiver tubes in all three sizes for fabricating your own hitch from scratch.
Towing a trailer of any size or weight puts demands on the tow vehicle. Hidden Hitch has upgrades like extra-wide towing mirrors, backup cameras (great for solo hookups) and transmission coolers. They’re also a good source for more mundane items like bungees, tow straps, cable and hitch locks and other cargo management parts.
| Posted by Ben | (Springfield, MO)
The instructions for installation were easy to read and understand. I was able to have it installed in 30 minutes. I half expected it to be a flimsy hitch but it is nicely constructed. They did forget to send the drawbar. I contacted them and it was shipped out that day for free. Great product and great service.
- Popular Hidden Hitch Part Numbers
- Hidden Hitch® 80565 - Towing Starter Kit (2" Drop, 8-1/2" Length, 3/4" Rise, 6000/600 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 60030 - 3/8" Packaged Hitch Pin and Clip for 2-5/8" Flat Bar
- Hidden Hitch® 60899 - Class 1 Rear Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (200/2000 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 60263 - Class 1 Rear Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (200/2000 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 60325 - Class 1 Rear Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (200/2000 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 60347 - Class 1 Rear Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (200/2000 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 87631 - Class 3 / 4 Round Tube Rear Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (525/3500 Weight Capacity, 525/5000 with Weight Distributing)
- Hidden Hitch® 87660 - Class 3 / 4 Round Tube Rear Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (900/6000 Weight Capacity, 900/8000 with Weight Distributing)
- Hidden Hitch® 127 - Class 3 / 4 Receiver Plus Ball Mount Kit for 2'' Recievers (2" Drop, 8-1/2" Length, 3/4" Rise, 7500/750 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 87574 - Class 3 / 4 Rear Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (350/3500 Weight Capacity, 500/5000 with Weight Distributing)