By 1984, HELLA's annual sales exceeded 1 million deutschmarks for the first time, and by 1990 it had over 20,000 employees worldwide. Eventually, HELLA came up with numerous innovations to automotive lighting, including being the first manufacturer to receive approval for a halogen headlamp, as well as pioneering the first generation of Xenon and Bi-Xenon headlamps too. More recently, HELLA produced the first full LED headlamp with AFS functions.
- HELLA® - Replacement HeadlightStarting at: $68.28$68.28
- HELLA® - Replacement Tail LightStarting at: $39.39$39.39
- HELLA® - Replacement Fog LightStarting at: $36.76$36.76
- HELLA® - Replacement Side Marker LightStarting at: $8.74$8.74
- HELLA® - Replacement Turn Signal LightStarting at: $23.25$23.25
- HELLA® - Micro DE Xenon Driving LightsStarting at: $851.17$851.17
- HELLA® - Micro DE Halogen Fog Lights KitStarting at: $176.71$176.71
- HELLA® - FF75 Driving Lights KitStarting at: $130.35$130.35
- HELLA® - FF75 Fog Lights KitStarting at: $130.35$130.35
- HELLA® - Rallye 1000 Black Magic Off-Road Driving Lights KitStarting at: $297.91$297.91
- HELLA® - Twin Supertone Horn KitStarting at: $74.49$74.49
- HELLA® - Twin Trumpet Horn KitStarting at: $39.71$39.71
- HELLA® - Twin Trumpet Horn KitStarting at: $41.82$41.82
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000i Xenon LightStarting at: $571.90$571.90
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000X Halogen Driving Lights KitStarting at: $225.19$225.19
- HELLA® - Rallye 500 Black Magic Off-Road Driving Lights KitStarting at: $136.66$136.66
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000Xi Xenon Lights KitStarting at: $693.10$693.10
- HELLA® - Micro 70 LED Off-Road Lights KitStarting at: $413.82$413.82
- HELLA® - 700FF Halogen Driving Lights KitStarting at: $99.78$99.78
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000i Compact Xenon Off-Road LightStarting at: $608.78$608.78
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000 Compact Xenon Off-Road LightStarting at: $594.03$594.03
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000X Halogen Driving LightStarting at: $121.91$121.91
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000 Halogen LightStarting at: $145.10$145.10
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000 FF Off-Road LightStarting at: $156.68$156.68
- HELLA® - 500FF Halogen Lights KitStarting at: $94.51$94.51
- HELLA® - 500 Halogen Lights KitStarting at: $90.30$90.30
- HELLA® - 550 Halogen Lights KitStarting at: $130.35$130.35
- HELLA® - FF50 Driving Lights KitStarting at: $130.35$130.35
- HELLA® - FF50 Fog Lights KitStarting at: $133.50$133.50
- HELLA® - Micro FF LED LightStarting at: $231.51$231.51
- HELLA® - Micro FF Lights KitStarting at: $164.07$164.07
- HELLA® - Rallye 4000 Compact Black LightStarting at: $156.68$156.68
- HELLA® - Jumbo 320FF Driving LightStarting at: $535.01$535.01
- HELLA® - FF200 Xenon Driving Lights KitStarting at: $851.17$851.17
- HELLA® - Triple Trumpet Horn KitStarting at: $53.42$53.42
- HELLA® - Low-Tone Disc HornStarting at: $30.76$30.76
- HELLA® - Replacement Headlight BezelStarting at: $20.13$20.13
- HELLA® - Front LightingStarting at: $6.70$6.70
- HELLA® - Fuel PumpStarting at: $46.65$46.65
- HELLA® - Coolant Level SensorStarting at: $28.13$28.13
- HELLA® - HornStarting at: $6.70$6.70
- HELLA® - Oil Level SenderStarting at: $64.46$64.46
- HELLA® - RelayStarting at: $6.70$6.70
Right now HELLA consists of 4 separate divisions that are: lighting, electronics, aftermarket and special applications. Under its lighting division, it develops and manufacturers headlamps, refulgence and interior lighting, while at the same time developing features and technologies that it expects to be useful in the future such as light-based driver assistance systems. On the other hand, its electronics division focuses on various sensors, vacuum pumps as well as central control units, while its aftermarket division comprises of a product range that is more than 24,000 strong.
Today, HELLA is a global company that spans 70 different locations in 30 different countries and employs upwards of 28,000 people. Its main business is the development and manufacture of lighting and electronic systems for the automotive industry, and it has earned itself a position as one of the top 50 global automotive suppliers. Largely, this is based on its sales of 4.8 billion euros for the fiscal year of 2011/2012 which also makes it one of the top 100 largest industrial companies in Germany.
When HELLA was first founded way back in 1899, it was known as the Westfalische Metall-Industrie Aktien-Gesellschaft (WMI) and its primary business was producing ball horns, candles, and kerosene lamps for carriages. The first time the name 'HELLA' was used as a trademark for acetylene headlights in 1908. Although HELLA expanded quickly when the manufacturing family Ludenscheider Hueck took over the majority of the shares from its founder Sally Windmuller, it fell sharply from a high of a 1,000 strong workforce in 1937 to a 45-strong workforce after World War 2 in 1945.
Last but certainly not least, its special applications division supplies various specific target groups such as boat builders, emergency services, producers of construction machinery and so on – predominantly with lighting solutions that fit their needs. Other HELLA subsidiaries also deal with a wide range of other diverse applications including marine lighting, climate control systems, engine cooling and so on. In short, it is hard to pin HELLA down in any way, shape or form as its network of subsidiaries and joint ventures is so vast that it is involved in so many different areas of the industry. Long story short, HELLA certainly appears like it is going to continue to scale the ranks of global automotive suppliers.
| Posted by Ken | (Gulfport, MS)
This is a 1st class product. I loved the look. What really surprised me that all the bulbs were included. On installation Mercedes don't make anything easy. I started the process. I had no lift as the whole wheel well had to be taken out just to get to the lower attachment point. I gave up took it to the dealer and in 45 min they had it installed and adjusted. I was 3 hours into it when I quit. The product fits like it was supposed to. The product is 1st class.
After looking at all the websites that handle lighting these lights are perfect for my purpose. They are going to be backup lights for a 1934 Graham Street rod. All the guy's that have seen them say they look great. It is a great looking product, well made and easy to install.
| Posted by Henry | (North Hollywood, CA)
These must be one of the easiest harnesses to install. As with any other harness, the length of the wires are always an issue as it depends on the application. In this case, they were a bit shorter as I intended them for the roof lights I had to extend them to be able to complete the circuit. One nice thought that Hella designers came up with were the fused relays. I didn't have to deal with a separate fuse holder. Overall, I would say I am quite happy with my purchase.