- GENERAL® ALTIMAX RT43ALTIMAX RT43 All Season / Performance Tires by General® . The all-season touring tire designed for impressive consumer value. It provides a quiet, comfortable ride combined with year-round all-season traction, and enhanced with...
$87.50from $70.00 - $146.00 (ea)# 17907299
- GENERAL® ALTIMAX ARCTICALTIMAX ARCTIC Winter / Performance Tires by General® . ALTIMAX Arctic combines unique grooves and sipes with a modern compound to assure high performance at low temperatures. The multi-angle sipe system provides 270-degrees of...
$88.75from $71.00 - $219.00 (ea)# 15314754
- GENERAL® ALTIMAX HPALTIMAX HP All Season / Performance Tires by General® . Smarter tire for today's smarter driver. Designed with quad-tech smart tire technology for exceptional tread. Featuring General Tire's innovative Quad-Tech technology, the...
$100.00from $80.00 - $150.00 (ea)# 480588
- GENERAL® ALTIMAX RTALTIMAX RT All Season / Performance Tires by General® . Stylish touring tire supplies a smooth, comfortable ride with excellent treadwear. Visual Alignment Indicators (VAI®) help consumers visually identify tire tracking...
$118.75from $95.00 - $102.00 (ea)# 480635
- GENERAL® AMERITRACAMERITRAC Track / Performance Tires by General® . The power of versatility. This rugged all-season tire offers a balance between excellent on-road driving characteristics and the ability to go off-road with reliable traction....
$195.00from $156.00 - $197.00 (ea)# 480674
- GENERAL® AMERITRAC TRAMERITRAC TR All Season / All Terrain Tires by General® . This rugged all-season tire offers a balance between excellent on-road driving characteristics and the ability to go off-road with reliable traction.
$201.25from $161.00 - $207.00 (ea)# 480680
- GENERAL® Exclaim UHPExclaim UHP Summer / Performance Tires by General® . Designed to fit a wide range of performance sports cars, coupes and sedans. This automotive tire delivers excellent grip, cornering and braking in any conditions. The Exclaim UHP...
$142.50from $114.00 - $199.00 (ea)# 480684
- GENERAL® G-MAX AS-03G-MAX AS-03 All Season / Performance Tires by General® . This Dominant tire delivers precise response in dry and wet conditions with excellent light snow grip. When interlocked, the tread blocks work together to improve handling...
$117.50from $94.00 - $235.00 (ea)# 480706
- GENERAL® GRABBER with Red SidewallGRABBER with Red Sidewall Summer / All Terrain Tires by General® . Born from competition, this reliable tire has been developed by the most skilled engineers and tested by the best off-road racers. General Tire "unleashed the fury"...
$296.25from $237.00 - $246.00 (ea)# 480769
- GENERAL® GRABBER with Black SidewallGRABBER with Black Sidewall Summer / All Terrain Tires by General® . Born from competition, this reliable tire has been developed by the most skilled engineers and tested by the best off-road racers. General Tire "unleashed the...
$482.50$386.00 (ea)# 22957043
- GENERAL® GRABBER AT2GRABBER AT2 All Season / All Terrain Tires by General® . This tire is available for most light truck applications, and brings aggressive all-terrain traction - for all terrain and all weather conditions. But unlike most all-terrain...
$142.50from $114.00 - $264.00 (ea)# 480780
- GENERAL® GRABBER AWGRABBER AW All Season / Performance Tires by General® . A terrific blend of reliability and comfort. All-season performance and premium handling make this present day tire an intelligent choice.
$156.25$125.00 (ea)# 480830
- GENERAL® GRABBER HTSGRABBER HTS All Season / Eco Tires by General® . This is General Tire's newest premium tire for today's light trucks, crossovers and SUVs. Born from Baja, the Grabber™ HTS is built on the technology that went into engineering the...
$143.75from $115.00 - $233.00 (ea)# 480836
- GENERAL® GRABBER UHPGRABBER UHP All Season / Performance Tires by General® . Bold ultra-high performance light truck, crossover and SUV tire is designed for excellent handling and traction in both wet and dry conditions. It has been adapted to deliver...
$197.50from $158.00 - $194.00 (ea)# 480893
Founded in 1915 in Ohio, General Tire was purchased by German tire manufacturer Continental AG in 1987, and remains part of Continental’s American operations today. Because Continental focused on the higher end of the tire market, it sought General Tire for its long-standing record of producing quality products with value. Today, engineering expertise gained from its parent company along with long-standing involvement in off-road racing allows General to offer modern tire technology in high-performance.
"A smarter tire for a smarter driver" is General's slogan, and for good reason. General Tires feature thoughtful touches that allow you to easily see when a tire is becoming worn down or wearing unevenly from misalignment. As the tire becomes worn, embossed letters that read “Replacement Tire Monitor” wear strategically to simply read “Replace Tire”. If a vehicle's wheel alignment is off, shallow grooved marks on both sides of each tire's tread will wear quickly.
If you seek ride comfort and low road noise for your car, light truck, or van, General has what you need with tires featuring modern sound wave suppression technology on tread designs created to harmonically cancel out vibration and tire noise. Additionally, "Twin Cushion Silica" tread compound comprised of unique high and low density treads delivers ride comfort second to none. If you need tires for the trail, General has a tire selection ranging from severely deep “summer-only” tread to civilized on-road mix. Pure performance tires are available as well for those seeking maximum skid pad adherence.
CARiD's web site has been set up to automatically guide you in the tire buying process for your vehicle whether you're looking for same-size replacement tires or considering upgrading tires and rims to a larger size. To find General tires available for your specific vehicle, select your make, model, and year. You'll notice a range of sizes appear on the left (anywhere from 13 inches to 24 inches in diameter for example). When you're ready, choose your current size or browse from other diameter sizes that will typically fit on your vehicle. Next, you have the option of narrowing down your search further with preferences of all-season, summer, or winter tread designs. Then, you can choose between tires with tread designs optimized for types of driving: performance, all-terrain, or economy.
These G Maxes are my 2nd set, great tires.
There is a lot of information on the sidewall of a tire. Typically, you'll find UTQG ratings for treadwear, traction and temperature, the size of the tire, the load rating index number with a speed rating index, the construction type (bias or radial), the D.O.T. compliance code, and construction details. On some tires used as original equipment, you may also find a marking that indicates its OE status.