Many studies have concluded that a motor vehicle with lights on during daylight hours is more conspicuous, reducing the chance of a collision and improving safety. This is why many vehicles come from the factory with headlights that come on whenever the vehicle moves forward, at full or reduced power, or with dedicated Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). These lights are legally required in many localities, but rules aside, it just makes common sense that the more visible you make your car, the less chance of an accident.
- Lumen® LED Daytime Running Lights$49.95 - $69.95
- Putco® LED Dayliners$127.99 - $267.99
- PlasmaGlow® Lightning Eyes LED Headlight Kit$42.94 - $90.38
- Auer Automotive® LED Daytime Running Lights$237.96 - $297.46
- Oracle Lighting® ColorSHIFT LED DRL Upgrade Kit$94.31 - $365.46
- Putco® LED Dayliners G3$127.99 - $181.99
- Oracle Lighting® LED DRL Flexible Strips$38.21 - $53.51
- Putco® LED Dayliners Switchback G3$185.99 - $267.99
- XKGlow® Switchback DRL/Turn Signal LED Strips$159.99 - $163.18
- Spyder® LED Daytime Running Lights$147.65 - $188.96
- TYC® Factory Replacement Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)$24.84 - $346.14
- Lumen® Daytime Running Light LED Bulbs$8.99 - $32.95
- Sylvania® Daytime Running Light Replacement Bulbs$10.99 - $73.78
- Putco® Daytime Running Light Replacement Bulbs$10.99 - $90.99
- Spec-D® LED Daytime Running Lights$14.24 - $255.21
- PlasmaGlow® LightWave LED Driving Lights$49.56 - $108.13
Like reflective safety equipment and apparel, DRLs were created to catch the human eye, so other motorists are aware of your presence. Vehicles that are seen are generally not the ones involved in collisions - it’s usually the vehicle that the other driver “didn’t see” that gets hit. But while by definition DRLs are meant to increase visibility during daylight hours, today they’re as much an integral part of modern vehicle styling as they are providers of illumination.
Vehicle manufacturers have embraced DRLs to make styling statements both at night as well as during daylight hours. Almost exclusively constructed with LEDs, on some vehicles the pattern they display is so distinctive that the make and model can be discerned even in pitch black darkness. But you don’t have to buy a new car or truck to get the safety and style of DRLs. No matter what you drive, you can improve your vehicle’s illumination and upgrade its appearance with a selection from the wide range of DRL kits displayed on this page. We have both application specific lights and universal fit lights that can easily be installed on any car, truck or SUV.
Our DRLs come with the LEDs encased in attractive modules in a selection of shapes or sizes and light strips that attach easily with 3M adhesive. The modules are small enough to fit easily into bumper or grille recesses, yet powerful enough to present significant illumination. The light strips come in sizes to fit specific models as well as universal strips that can be cut to fit, enabling you to be imaginative with your installation. You also have a choice of LED display as we offer lights with individual LEDs, SMD (Surface Mounted Device) LEDs, which give a segmented appearance, as well as Plasma or channel lights that have an uninterrupted display of light.
Although exact capability will vary according to brand and application, DRLs can be configured to activate according to key position, and dim or go off when the headlights are turned on. Just like on many new OE systems, we have DRLs that switch to amber and flash when the turn signals are activated. We also offer kits with light displays other than white, including red and blue. And for select factory DRL applications we offer circuit board kits that can be used to change the color of the DRLs. With a wireless remote the user can select various colors, patterns and degree of brightness. These circuit boards are designed to be direct replacements for a bolt-on installation.
- (84)Off-Road Fog LightsChrome, Smoke & Clear
- (1,362)Custom Fog LightsPierce Through Fog in Style
- (7,312)Factory Fog LightsFor Factory Look and Function
- (25,938)Fog Light BulbsPierce The Gloom
Guides & Articles
- HeadlightsCustom And Factory Headlamp GlossaryWhen searching for a new set of headlamp assemblies for your ride, you may come across any number of terms which require explanation. Like many other accessory categories, headlamps use their own terminology. For your convenience, we provide you with this list, presented in alphabetical order, and with photos to help you identify these features.
- LED LightsAutomotive LED Lighting Explained.There is now LED lighting technology available for every conventional automotive lighting purpose. The incandescent bulbs haven’t really developed that much in the 140 years they have existed, while the development rate of LEDs is very rapid, with LED performance being doubled every 36 months, a development rate that is similar to the fast pace of computer development.
Browse by Vehicle
- BMW Daytime Running Lights
- Buick Daytime Running Lights
- Cadillac Daytime Running Lights
- Chevy Daytime Running Lights
- Dodge Daytime Running Lights
- Ford Daytime Running Lights
- Freightliner Daytime Running Lights
- GMC Daytime Running Lights
- Honda Daytime Running Lights
- Hyundai Daytime Running Lights
- Kia Daytime Running Lights
- Lexus Daytime Running Lights
- Mercedes Daytime Running Lights
- Mini Daytime Running Lights
Daytime Running Lights Reviews
2014 Dodge Charger