BedXTender HD™ Bed Extender by AMP Research®. Multiple designs of bed extenders are available whether you prefer a cage with the maximum amount of room, one designed for use with tonneau covers, or one that’s custom-designed for carrying motorcycles. Aluminum tubing provides light weight and high strength that won’t corrode, and a choice of powder coat finishes prevents chips and scratches. Replacement brackets and latch pegs are available, as well as custom brackets for irregularly-shaped pickup walls.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum tubing provides high strength, light weight, and resistance to corrosion
- Upright vertical pieces made from glass-reinforced nylon composite are durable yet flexible to provide cushioning and structural support
- Bed extender width is adjusted for a perfect fit on your truck using the upright vertical pieces
- Great for short-bed pickup trucks
- Bed Extender cage is easily removable from your truck to double as a seat or bench while at a tailgate party
- Creates a fenced-off proximity inside your bed when tailgate is up, then flips over to extend your walled storage area by 2 feet when the tailgate is down
- Comes with two attached hold-down straps for securing the bed extender in place when the tailgate is down
- Max Bed Extenders are shaped to provide the largest amount of corralled space to secure cargo and gear
- Sport Extenders provide extra clearance needed for tonneau cover rails
- Moto Extender cage shape is tailored for motorcycle hauling
- Durable powder coat (available in multiple colors) provides a hard outer finish that is resistant to chips, scratches, and the elements
- Replacement “Quick Latch” mounting brackets and latch pegs for hold-down straps are available
- Custom L-shaped brackets are available for irregularly-shaped pickup walls
- 3-year/36,000-mile manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
AMP Research invented the BedXTender in the late 1990s, and has since perfected it to the current form you see here today. Keep it inside your bed with the tailgate up to create a two-foot fenced in area when heavier cargo needs to be separated from smaller items that can be damaged. When it’s time to carry longer items that won’t fit inside the bed, simply lower the tailgate and flip the BedXTender over to extend your usable carrying area by two additional feet. Vertical cross pieces provide structural support for the horizontal bars, and are designed to be both durable and shock-absorbing.
AMP Research offers three different bed extender designs. The Max Bed Extender is U-shaped to provide the largest amount of corralled space, the Sport Extender provides extra clearance needed for tonneau cover rails, and the Moto Extender cage taper is designed specifically with motorcycle hauling in mind. Replacement “Quick Latch” mounting brackets and latch pegs for hold-down straps are available, and custom L-shaped secondary brackets are available to offset pickup bed walls with irregular indentations or pockets.
All bed extenders feature three horizontal aluminum bars which span the entire width to effectively prevent smaller, lower-height items from sliding through in between. Whether you’ve got grocery bags, electronic equipment, mulch bags, or large items such as motorcycles or ATVs, you’ll truly maximize your truck’s carrying ability with any AMP Research Bed Extender. Installation is easy - after drilling a series of three template-guided holes on both sides of your bed, install the bracket pieces that hold your bed extender cage. Aircraft-grade aluminum ensures a minimum of weight is added to your vehicle, and a choice of durable powder coat finishes provides a surface that’s extremely resistant to chips, scratches, and the elements. AMP Research builds all components in the United States and backs them with a 3-year / 36,000 mile warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Founded in 1980 in southern California, AMP Research came together with a wealth of engineering talent drawn from company founder Horst Leitner and others who were previously involved in motorcycle racing and engineering. During the 1980s and 1990s, AMP Research pioneered the first 4-stroke engines for off-road motocross bikes as well as other suspension and chain torque advancements for bicycles and motorcycles. Hauling dirt bikes to racing events in the back of their pickup trucks, company engineers rigged up temporary bed extenders to keep chairs and other items from sliding out on the road when tailgates were down. What they did worked so well, AMP Research patented the idea and introduced it for 1998 - quickly becoming a supplier to vehicle manufacturers that offered the bed extenders as factory equipment. During the following decade, AMP Research pioneered power retracting running boards and has become a featured supplier to major automakers who use them as well. AMP Research is ISO 9001:2008 certified for best business practices in manufacturing and customer satisfaction, and their range of high-quality products is widely respected throughout the industry. CARiD is proud to offer the best values on the full AMP Research lineup of power retracting running boards, step pads, bed extenders, and all individual replacement parts at prices that can’t be beat.